• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

accusations over ride height

FIA reminds teams of suspension and ride-height rules

Formula 1's governing body has warned that any system used to adjust a car's suspension and ride height between qualifying and races would be illegal.

The FIA says they contravene Articles 34.5 and 3.15 of the F1 regulations.

cont. here

accusations over ride height

FIA reminds teams of suspension and ride-height rules

Formula 1's governing body has warned that any system used to adjust a car's suspension and ride height between qualifying and races would be illegal.

The FIA says they contravene Articles 34.5 and 3.15 of the F1 regulations.

cont. here

All a bit confusing. When will they (the FIA) definitively state that Red Bull cars are legal?

I bet it would be a different matter if it had been McLaren.

I suppose the big teams (Ferrari/McLaren) are always going to be scrutinised more closely than the smaller teams. Although I can't think when McLaren have been treated harshly/unfairly in recent years? It was obvious that Moseley had a problem with Ron, but it seemed to be more a war of words than anything else - UNTIL he was able to pin the stolen documents on McLaren....

I gain the impression that the FIA and stewards are going out of their way this season not to get involved unless absolutely necessary.

Although I can't think when McLaren have been treated harshly/unfairly in recent years?

Compare the punishment dished out to McClaren for the stolen documents with the punishment for another team deliberately crashing a car to effectively fix a race.

Which crime was worse? Which punishment was more severe?

Although I can't think when McLaren have been treated harshly/unfairly in recent years?

Compare the punishment dished out to McClaren for the stolen documents with the punishment for another team deliberately crashing a car to effectively fix a race.

I agree that McLaren were treated more harshly than Renault (I'd forgotten that Renault's exclusion was suspended).

Matter of opinion obviously, but I think McLaren's penalty was not unduly harsh or unfair, whereas Renault were treated far too leniently.

I agree that McLaren were treated more harshly than Renault (I'd forgotten that Renault's exclusion was suspended).

Matter of opinion obviously, but I think McLaren's penalty was not unduly harsh or unfair, whereas Renault were treated far too leniently.

Whether or not McLaren's punishment was appropriate, it's unfair when punishment is not being applied evenly, and when one team is singled out, as i believe McLaren have been.

Whether or not McLaren's punishment was appropriate, it's unfair when punishment is not being applied evenly, and when one team is singled out, as i believe McLaren have been.

Few people will disagree that Moseley had 'a beef' with Ron.

Even so, a 'big' team that has large financial resources is likely to be treated more harshly than a smaller team with limited resources.

Nonetheless, its hard to argue that Renault shouldn't have been disqualified for the 2008 season.

I'm just praying True Visions office is open in Ranong tomorow. My wife went to pay the bill on Monday, and the computer is off line. Promises made not to cut the signal come back on the 16th. Well on the 13th the <deleted> cut the signal. Calls to Bangkok very unhelpful :) Good job I have a good DVD collection, missing the BBC news, even if there is too much American emphasis. Still I don't pay a TV license :D Hoping for a good race, weather forecast?

could be a wet race, yes!!

Friday

Clear. High: 13 °C . Wind SSE 18 km/h .

Saturday

Clear. High: 16 °C . Wind SSE 25 km/h .

Sunday

Chance of Rain. Overcast. High: 17 °C . Wind SSE 21 km/h . 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 8.38 mm).

link

Slater strikes again. How the heck do you drive flat out to Paris from the South of England. Than the "Button is driving slowly, must be looking for a gap.' He then follows it a few seconds later with Button gets through in whatever it was.

Great last-gasp grab for poll. Vettel is the man to beat this weekend, and shaping up to be the man to beat for the season.

Having Hamilton and Button a few rows back should make for an interesting first lap. Some rain might spice things up a bit too.

Hoping for a good one. :)

How wrong was I re. Schumi v Rosberg??! :) Obviously there's time yet for Schumi to get his act together, but I have to admit, I didn't think it would take this long and Nico is beating him comprehensively at the moment.

Great race though. McLaren obviously had the best car, but lots of good drives out there.

I hope they don't spoil things like they have done in the past over the pit issue with Hamilton. They should, as Gary Anderson said, sort it out during the race. I think we'll see fire works in the Ferrari team as well. Massa must have been less than impressed with Alonso's pit tactics.

I hope they don't spoil things like they have done in the past over the pit issue with Hamilton. They should, as Gary Anderson said, sort it out during the race. I think we'll see fire works in the Ferrari team as well. Massa must have been less than impressed with Alonso's pit tactics.

Have to agree :) . Massa and Alonso are no longer best friends......

Agree too that if the FIA were going to do anything about Hamilton's (appalling) tactics exiting the pit box - they should have done it during the race.

Vettel came out in front, so IMO no penalty is deserved anyway.

Hamilton was hoping that Vettel would be intimidated. He wasn't.

I never rated Massa as a wet weather driver, but I think he has lost his confidence. Also If things don't turn around for Schmi, I think he'll retire permanently at the end of the season. or follow their kid and DC into that race car series.

Yes and NO as I also watch the FIA Touring Car Championship season + FIA FORMULA TWO CHAMPIONSHIP + DTM + GP2 + GP2 Asia + Super V8's + Le Mans 24hr + Le Mans series + Superbikes + Moto GP.... So the weekends that F1 is & is not on is still a full racing weekend on TV. sadly still some clash and it is a frantic time turning the dish to get the next race.. Only once last year did I watch Truck racing and once the V8 pickup racing as they always classed with the others I follow... if there is any free time then Formula BMW, Renault, Ford, WRC and WRC junior + Asian car racing

Wow. You're either single or you have a very understanding missus!

BTW, anyone seen or heard anything of member wackysleet? Missing his input this season.

Hello rixalex, mosha and all. I was travelling a lot these last few months. I was reading some of the previous pages and the bad atmosphere that prevailed among certain posters and although we had differences of opinions it never got too personal, hope things change. Well the last 2 seasons as some of you will know, I banged on about Vettel being up with the best and even with his still limited experience he is the one to beat in the wet or the dry, lets hope his Red Bull becomes more reliable so he can show his true potential, as for Jenson being completely overshadowed by his teamate this season, well I'm still waiting for that event, one thing about Jenson, is his ability to drive a very smooth race, similar to Alonso, but perhaps Jensons detractors will acknowledge that perhaps he is better than they gave him credit for, we will have to wait and see. but it's good to be back fellas, sorry F1fanatic but Michael is past his sell by date.

Hello rixalex, mosha and all. I was travelling a lot these last few months. I was reading some of the previous pages and the bad atmosphere that prevailed among certain posters and although we had differences of opinions it never got too personal, hope things change. Well the last 2 seasons as some of you will know, I banged on about Vettel being up with the best and even with his still limited experience he is the one to beat in the wet or the dry, lets hope his Red Bull becomes more reliable so he can show his true potential, as for Jenson being completely overshadowed by his teamate this season, well I'm still waiting for that event, one thing about Jenson, is his ability to drive a very smooth race, similar to Alonso, but perhaps Jensons detractors will acknowledge that perhaps he is better than they gave him credit for, we will have to wait and see. but it's good to be back fellas, sorry F1fanatic but Michael is past his sell by date.

Good to see you back David. :)

Yes, the first few pages didn't get off to a good start, but things seemed to have calmed down since then.

As far as Vettel is concerned, yes he has very much confirmed the high praise you offered him last season was well warranted. He is shaping up to be a multi-times champ, i think there's no doubt about that.

Schumi is having a complete nightmare, no doubt about that either. Mercedes must have thought getting him on board was going to be a marketing dream for the company. Unless things change quite quickly it looks to have back-fired.

Jenson has had a great start to his career at McLaren. Likewise Lewis has done well and showed there's noone better in terms of coming through the field - if the stats are out there, i have no doubt he must have overtaken more than anyone else. Unfortunately he has also shown the other side of his character that is winning him no friends and confirming what a lot of you guys already believe about him. Deep down i still think the guy knows right from wrong and sometimes just gets caught up with the passion and desire to win that is what makes him the successful driver he is. He is capable of introspection as he has shown previously by accepting wrong-doing and i think right now he needs to carefully consider his style of driving and what is acceptable and what is not. He's still young and needs the guidance of a mature head. Hopefully someone at McLaren is offering that to him. It's a bit like the situation with Wayne Rooney having needed the guidance of Alex Ferguson to keep him on track. Lewis needs it, i just hope he is self-effacing enough to realise.

Getting back to the Jenson / Lewis thing, whilst Jenson has scored more points, it has largely been due to some genious strategic moves by him and the team, rather than driving any quicker / better than Lewis. Doesn't mean Jenson doesn't deserve the credit, just that it's too early to know who will come out on top come the end of the season. I still believe that Lewis has that extra something special. Time will tell.

Alonso has emphatically shown his class and put Massa quickly in his place. I think the team will have already started swinging behind the Spaniard. His overtaking move coming into the pits must have infuriated Massa, but showed which of the two has the greatest desire to win. Massa could use some of that grit and determination, but it's probably something you need to be born with.

Anyway, the season has been great having started so terribly. Fingers crossed for more wet races to come.

After reading, and viewing the first few races of the season and agreeing with the general concensus that the racing on certain tracks has become something of a procession albeit with better European tracks still to come, the recent rule changes have I think stifled real competition in as much as the cars are very very similar in HP, aerodynamics, tyres and in all aspects of their construction, and I think F1 is in imminent danger of becoming a one make series of sorts. So what if the teams were given a spec for overal weight, height, width, engine capacity, and refuelling stops left to the individual teams to decide for themselves, engine size limited but below a certain cc the option of using a turbo charger, which may well be the case next season, just a thought.

The problem of overtaking, and the assumption rightly or wrongly that aerodynamics are stopping this through dirty air, well since I have been watching F1 it has always been a case of the fastest cars being at the front anyway and the only ones they tend to pass are the cars about to be lapped and the present configeration of cars is, I think going to make the street circuits like Monaco and Australia almost a certainty for being something of a procession, those of you who will remember Senna and Mansell going at it in Monaco. By the way a large percentage of overtaking moves are done by outbreaking the car in front and while dirty air will have an adverse effect on how close the following car gets is negated somewhat by the slowing down of both cars.

Hi Wacky good to see you back, if I was one of those posters who put u off then apologies for that !

You're right about Jenson's style of driving but I do think when we get to some dry European events, Lewis will stretch ahead of Jenson.