Question About Length Of Holding A Thai Dl For Getting A Regular Back Home

atelko

Hey guys,

I have heard once that if i got a thai drivers license here in thailand and go back to my country to get this thai dl to my national drivers license after getting the tests done i should have lived in thailand for at least one full year.

on the other side i was told by a guy that this was not correct. i have to be a thai dl holder for at least one year to get it also accepted in my country.

so my questionto you is: whatis correct and whats not?

i am residing in germany if i am not in thailand.....

i have been living here in thailand for nearly 11 months already

"on the other side i was told by a guy that this was not correct. i have to be a thai dl holder for at least one year to get it also accepted in my country."

none of it is correct. german authorities are even cracking down on driver's licenses obtained in one of the EU states. and if you have points in Flensburg they will just laugh at you.

i got no points in flensburg.

i know some guys who were living here in thailand for quite a while and got their thai dl acceptedin germany. unfortunately i have no contact to them any longer.

i dont see any problem at all if you get your theroretical and practical tests done.

maybe things have changed, but i dont understand why.probably they wont accept any dl if you were living here just for a short period of time so that it was one of that dl tourism cases. but almost a full year living here doesnt make it look like that i guess. i do also believe that zour personality and looks make a big difference in geraman when dealing with authorities.

maybe you are right, but it is really hard to believe that they wont accept any applicant, even those long term thailand residers.

did you try it already or are these just your thoughts?

"on the other side i was told by a guy that this was not correct. i have to be a thai dl holder for at least one year to get it also accepted in my country."

none of it is correct. german authorities are even cracking down on driver's licenses obtained in one of the EU states. and if you have points in Flensburg they will just laugh at you.

Oh dear, someone else who can't take 'Nein' for an answer.

I asked the authorities and they said it is possible, but my residence shouldnt be registered in germany for at least 6 months to get it done.

Sometimes it seems to be good not to stop getting informations after a first no...

Some proplr give up to quick and i am not one of those.