Autocad Problem

Jai Dee

I know this is a long shot but can anyone out there help with this?

I have some AutoCAD drawings that I would like to export to .jpg or .gif or .bmp format.

I have tried Printing/Plotting them to various output file types, but cannot get any picture type formats... the closest I can get is .pdf.

An alternative (but non-preferred as it is only gray-scale and not colour) is a means of converting from .pdf to a picture type format.

Can anyone please help?

I don't think Auto Cad will save to the type of file you want however it will save to .dfx. Many programs will open .dxf files. I use Paint Shop Pro to open them and then save the picture to jpeg or any other format you are looking for.

I just tried to open a .dwg drawing with Paint Shop Pro and no problem.

I am an EE and curious about this.

Why is printing to a pdf document not satisfactory in your situation ?

I used to do all my schematic outputs to both the SW format output and then a copy to pdf for distribution to other staff. Ubiquitous Adobe readers made it easy for anyone in marketing, production or quality assurance to read without needing the SW package.

Why do you want jpeg, gif or bmp rather than pdf ????

I am an EE and curious about this.

Why is printing to a pdf document not satisfactory in your situation ?

I used to do all my schematic outputs to both the SW format output and then a copy to pdf for distribution to other staff. Ubiquitous Adobe readers made it easy for anyone in marketing, production or quality assurance to read without needing the SW package.

We do the same from our engineering office too.

Why do you want jpeg, gif or bmp rather than pdf ????

Personal reasons... I want to post them to a web site that does not accept .pdf files.

I used Paint Shop Pro 8 to open a drawing called colorwh. This drawing is in sample Auto Cad dawings. It gives you an option to keep aspect ratios. I was surprised myself. Colors were identical.

Cheers Gary... I'll give it a go. :o

Does it retain the colours and aspect ratios?

I'll do a google now to see if I can find a demo version of PSP...