Need Advice On Getting My Visa

Im headed to thailand in about one month. Im not sure what Visa to get. I plan on staying for one year without working and i have no wife. I would like to apply for the Multi entry non imm o, but im not sure if i would qualify for it. I am 22 years old. US citizen.

Thanks for any advice anyone might have with this.

Unlikely to get a Non Imm O Multi in the US.

Tourist Visa would be the only option. Get as many entries as they will issue.

Each entry is for 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

After these expire you can get another Visa in Asia.

If applying in the US you would indeed not qualify. Your best bet would be a double entry tourist visa, whichwould almost give you 180 days. At the end yu could apply for a new double entry tourist visa in Laos.

After 1 entry (60 days) and 1 extension 30 days) you will have to elave the country and can just come back the same day. Just cross any border. On your return the second entry starts, which also can be extended for 30 days. Each extension costs 1,900 baht.

Another option is to go and study, like Thai language. Cost is around 29,000 baht for a course and you would require to study at east 4 hours a week at school. More information if you click on the banner ontop of the page of the language schools.

oooo

Thats the new policy?

might be cutting it to close to the wire though i would hate to risk it.

Applying at the beginning of next month will give you plenty of time.

The Visa starts from when it is issued so it is not a good idea to get it too early.