Arrest Warrant Issued For Red-Shirt Core Leader Arisman

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No apology. If asking for elections is overthrowing the government, that is.

He wasn't asking for election. On stage, he asked his followers to bring bottles of gasoline to Bangkok so that they can turn this city into a "sea of fire". That's terrorism.

(assuming 98% of the members on this forum are "farangs" I wonder how much discussion/ dialogue goe on with Thais about these political topics. And I wonder if they look at us "farangs" as silly being "arm chair" experts or discussing their government - political problems?

As far as I have seen and heard from Thai friends, the majority is not discussing politics very much. It is just too boring. However, they asnwer if you ask. The problem is if you ask a red supporter, "discussion" will be very difficult because they most likely don't listen to any argument (if they did they wouldn't exist anymore). So you end up being able to talk about it only with anybody other than reds and then why discuss, they all agree anyhow. Thais do not look at farangs as armchair experts as long as you are reasonable, eventually try to understand them (no matter what color) and live here for a certain time. Speaking their language helps. It is also not very suprising, that we (foreigners if we are in Thailand) are interested in what goes on politically as we also are when we are in our home country. What's wrong about that? Note that I emphazise on being interested, trying to understand and knowing what is going on - not on telling them what and how they have to do. That's their business.

The Reds leaders are now saying if Abhisit doesn't dissolve parliament soon, they will move from the bridge to someplace important about 20 KM away. This sounds like the airport.

Here we go again.

I wouldn't worry, with the brains of their leadership they'll end up at the model airplane club. :)

MCOT: UDD leader Arisman takes Red Shirt stage at Phan Fah bridge, says arrest warrant is unfair, will protest before surrendering April 1

April Fool: Arisman is mocking the authorities, just like Thaksin

I wonder if this prize hippocrite (?) is as good as The Immaculate One at crocodile tears.

The Reds leaders are now saying if Abhisit doesn't dissolve parliament soon, they will move from the bridge to someplace important about 20 KM away. This sounds like the airport.

Here we go again.

anyone taking odds they won't get near it?

Here we go again.

I hope not for their own sake. The Somchai government had zero respect and was basically spineless. Abhisit has been very tolerant and patient in this matter. However, they were also warned any law breaking will be dealt with, and depending to the extent, it could be harsh. I'm not in anyway advocating for anything like this, however, tough actions deserve a tough response as well.

Find this government stil very very mild for the reds, in China and most other third world countries they would have different solutions for such elements and they would have no chance. So far not bad how they just let this pass.

People disappearing into thin air. Secret police visiting homes at night. Intellectual bonsai-ing and mind-control. etc. All of these, to whatever degree that they exist, is already bad enough. We don't need to go down the path of China. That's why we have to put up with these people.

Find this government stil very very mild for the reds, in China and most other third world countries they would have different solutions for such elements and they would have no chance. So far not bad how they just let this pass.

People disappearing into thin air. Secret police visiting homes at night. Intellectual bonsai-ing and mind-control. etc. All of these, to whatever degree that they exist, is already bad enough. We don't need to go down the path of China. That's why we have to put up with these people.

Abhisit's government is giving The Reds enough rope................ :)

Here we go again.

I hope not for their own sake. The Somchai government had zero respect and was basically spineless. Abhisit has been very tolerant and patient in this matter. However, they were also warned any law breaking will be dealt with, and depending to the extent, it could be harsh. I'm not in anyway advocating for anything like this, however, tough actions deserve a tough response as well.

Not good news - trying to provoke a response of force from the government. Of course none of the Red leaders will be in the front lines - Shinawatra's where are you?. It will be taxi drivers, motorcycle guys and construction workers sent out for fodder. No doubt there are some hardliners in the military hoping the government is backed into a corner and just waiting for an excuse. Hope this isn't it.

Here we go again.

Not good news - trying to provoke a response of force from the government. Of course none of the Red leaders will be in the front lines - Shinawatra's where are you?. It will be taxi drivers, motorcycle guys and construction workers sent out for fodder. No doubt there are some hardliners in the military hoping the government is backed into a corner and just waiting for an excuse. Hope this isn't it.

The army? Why would you even attempt to blame the army for anything. Anupong did stick to his words like no politician ever will be able to.

Just read a report in the Nation website that there are 100,000 thousand red shirts here already. I thought they wantd a Million? Are the other 900,000 just about to arrive tomorrow morning?

And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Because article 37 of the 2006 interim charter granted immunity to the coup makers.

Why is there an arrest warrant for Arisman for suggesting to overthrow the government but no arrest warrant 2 years after the yellow shirts did the same thing? And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Equal justice under the law is only a dream here.

Occupation of Government House, murder in the streets and closing the international airports.

But there is still no justice for those criminals.

Which "murder in the street" are you talking about? Did you mean when the Chiangmai Reds lynching the sixty-year old man in the middle of the street? And, closing of the airport? Who closed it? The airport general manager who is related by marriage to Veera Musikapong, the core leader of the Red Shirts, shut it down. As for the occupation of the Government House, they didn't prevent PM Somchai from visiting his office. He just didn't want to face them.

The army? Why would you even attempt to blame the army for anything. Anupong did stick to his words like no politician ever will be able to.

You're mis-reading my meaning - I am not blaming the army - this is a provocation by the red leadership to push the government into a corner where they have no choice except to respond with force. So far, opposite of what many reds would have one think, I think it has been Abhisit in charge of this operation. BUT there are always hardliners in every military, I'm just assuming there are here- who probably have a different opinion on how to handle the demonstrators. A march to the airport would give them the excuse they need to deal with this Tianeman Square style. And that would be sad for all.

And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Because article 37 of the 2006 interim charter granted immunity to the coup makers.

FYI, after a successful coup, the new leaders will pass out a law to make them immune to prosecution from treason. People who did this include the general who gave Tuksin the telecom concession, making him a billionaire. Tuksin was quoted, saying that without this general he would not have made all this money and accumulated this great power. And, today, he ranted against generals, coup-makers, and unfair justice system. He perhaps forgot that several years back when he hid his shares with his nominees--his drivers, servants, and gardeners--and the court ruled in his favor, it was nice and fair. A dove appears as a monster to him if he disagrees with it and vice versa.

Why is there an arrest warrant for Arisman for suggesting to overthrow the government but no arrest warrant 2 years after the yellow shirts did the same thing? And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Not sure about the coup, i think everyone just accepted it, dont want to upset the military, also because the kings name was involved with the coup so i dont think anyone wants to say anything.

I think this warrant is issued because he was inciting violence, not sure if the threat to overthrow the government is part of it, and I think Abhisit is more serious about this than Somchai or Samak [who just rather have the soldiers tear gas the mob-and i think warrants were issued for sonthi and all the other yellow leaders, every generation-i think sonthi payed bail, not sure though]

either you are bad documented or you are simple. I don't dare to think that you are a red shirt... that would qualify you in the last group.

You're mis-reading my meaning - I am not blaming the army - this is a provocation by the red leadership to push the government into a corner where they have no choice except to respond with force. So far, opposite of what many reds would have one think, I think it has been Abhisit in charge of this operation. BUT there are always hardliners in every military, I'm just assuming there are here- who probably have a different opinion on how to handle the demonstrators. A march to the airport would give them the excuse they need to deal with this Tianeman Square style. And that would be sad for all.

The thing with this protest is that they have too many leaders (too many cooks in the kitchen). There is no one leader on the ground (in Thailand) that is leading this. One says something and then another says something different. It is a committee with those onshore and Thaksin offshore (and probably also Jakropob who is the worst of the bunch).

I think you are right. All indications are that Abhisit is calling the shots on how this is handled. I don't think the Army will step in unless called in or the Reds get too close to Siriraj (highly unlikely).

FYI, after a successful coup, the new leaders will pass out a law to make them immune to prosecution from treason. People who did this include the general who gave Tuksin the telecom concession, making him a billionaire. Tuksin was quoted, saying that without this general he would not have made all this money and accumulated this great power. And, today, he ranted against generals, coup-makers, and unfair justice system. He perhaps forgot that several years back when he hid his shares with his nominees--his drivers, servants, and gardeners--and the court ruled in his favor, it was nice and fair. A dove appears as a monster to him if he disagrees with it and vice versa.

Err...I was just informing a poster why the coup makers weren't arrested for overthrowing the government. Nothing more. No "FYI" etc needed thanks. :)

Edited by mca

Third world? Are u Thai? Do u want your country remain as a member of third world?

Respect demoncracy through election. If majority Thai Mr Taksin or whoever to be your Prime Minister. Just let it be. Otherwise u are the one who rob the mojority's will.

Third world? Are u Thai? Do u want your country remain as a member of third world?

Respect demoncracy through election. If majority Thai Mr Taksin or whoever to be your Prime Minister. Just let it be. Otherwise u are the one who rob the mojority's will.

I would thing his name gives an idea of where he is from. :)

A couple of minutes checking this webboard and some googling would provide you with enough information see why the words being used are 'inciting the public to overthrow the government'.

- He has on numerous occasions threatened to kill ahbisit and others.

- He was the leader of the gang of thugs that smashed into the official car that he thought Abhisit was in at the Royal Cliff in Pattaya, in front of regional leaders and the regional press.

- And he was the leader of the gang of thugs who pulled Abhisits driver out of the car and severely beat him up.

Nice guy? Fair and balanced?

Would you want him in a position of power, responsible to formulate national policy at a ministerial level?

That's what is very likely if the government is forced to step down or the PT / UDD win (read buy) an election in the near future.

Another point:

- Suddenly the red shirt rally is all about demaning elections.

- Last month they were the champions of democracy.

- The month before that they were demanding a pardon for their massively corrupt leader who should be before the world courts for massive crimes against humanity.

Wonder what their war cry will be next month? any ideas?

The type of zeal you display is almost certainly founded largely on ignorance. Corruption? yes. Human Rights Abuses? yes. Vote buying? yes. Who are we talking about? Could be any of them.

Hi Baby. Do u know what happened in Tianeman Square? Thailand will be shame if ever using the forces like in Tianeman Square. Use your basic laws and courts to deal with wrongdoers. Enough to handle it. Believe me. Please go to google and find out what happened in T.Square before you dare to mention it. Shame to all human beings. U would not dare to do it to cat and dog if u find out what forces they used.

In any non banana republic, elections are held. The courts overthrew the government in Thailand. Therefore your comment is completely absurd. You must live in Bangkok, do very little and have very little contact with regular Thais outside your local beer bar.

What do you think would happen in the US if 60 democrats were told by the army to become a republic party member, or if a judge in England figured out that it made more sense to disband Labor. If there was one politician in any other country who would suggest that the poor should have less than one vote per person because there were too many, he would have been locked up in a mental institution, what happened to be led by your physician.

They're all banana republics. Remember a guy called George Bush, and when the Supreme Court handed him an election he lost?

A few thoughts:

1. It's a NON-ELECTED government.

2. The high road would be to call an election. Which they know they will lose. (because the majority of the population will not support them). Where I come from it's called democracy.

3. The majority of the populace (outside of Bangkok) received a taste of the national tax base for the FIRST TIME in decades (under Thaksin) and whether they are paid to vote or not they will support those (like they have done 3 times) who have seen fit to redistribute the tax base from centralist Bangkok to the rest of the country.

4. While the fear mongers (The Nation/Thai Visa/George keep pushing the Thaksin Evil Empire agenda it's got nothing to do with Thaksin. It's way beyond that, it's a paradigm shift that is not turning back.

People who have had no representation under the Democrats (ever) found somebody who (for what ever reason you need to think ) decided to change the game. The balance of power shifted from Bangkok to the rest of the country.

The question is: Will the next democratic election results be respected by everybody or will the wealthy minority in Bangkok (and?) with the assistance of the military once again torpedo the wishes of the electorate.

My hope is we can only look beyond the Thaksin hysteria cultivated by those with a self interest and hope for a true democratic solution which will be allowed to play out by the military and the (?).

Well said, many points which seem to of been forgotten, most probably by those residing in their 'all paid for' high rise sukhumvit condo's

A few thoughts:

1. It's a NON-ELECTED government.

2. The high road would be to call an election. Which they know they will lose. (because the majority of the population will not support them). Where I come from it's called democracy.

3. The majority of the populace (outside of Bangkok) received a taste of the national tax base for the FIRST TIME in decades (under Thaksin) and whether they are paid to vote or not they will support those (like they have done 3 times) who have seen fit to redistribute the tax base from centralist Bangkok to the rest of the country.

4. While the fear mongers (The Nation/Thai Visa/George keep pushing the Thaksin Evil Empire agenda it's got nothing to do with Thaksin. It's way beyond that, it's a paradigm shift that is not turning back.

People who have had no representation under the Democrats (ever) found somebody who (for what ever reason you need to think ) decided to change the game. The balance of power shifted from Bangkok to the rest of the country.

The question is: Will the next democratic election results be respected by everybody or will the wealthy minority in Bangkok (and?) with the assistance of the military once again torpedo the wishes of the electorate.

My hope is we can only look beyond the Thaksin hysteria cultivated by those with a self interest and hope for a true democratic solution which will be allowed to play out by the military and the (?).

To cover your points in the order they were given...

1) B.S. and you know it (if you don't then you spent far too many days in a red shirt indoctrination camp

2) In the last elections the raw vote went to the Dems by a few 1000, who knows what today would bring but it certainly wouldn't be a PTP majority. That is all beside the point because elections are not due for another year+. Where I come from it isn't called democracy when there is massive electoral fraud. Convicted felons aren't hailed as Democratic. Guys who state Democracy isn't the goal aren't thought of as democratic. People that are involved in the extra-judicial slayings of people that were never found guilty are not called democratic etc etc.

3)The people outside of BKK are currently being treated better than they ever were by Thaksin and with programs that won't cost them their farms when they cannot pay back what was loaned to them. Thaksin created a dependancy model exactly the same as the patron-client model that has existed here for ever.

4) If it has nothing to do with Thaksin (outright lie on your part) then Why is that convicted felon doing call-ins to the rally? Thanking people for their support? Oh... yeah ... because it is ALL about Thaksin.

Democracy is not that great .. but it tends to beat any other system of government hands down.

The issue here is .... WHY would anyone screaming "Democracy" be a follower of Thaksin? (Oh yeah .. there aren't ANY followers of Thaksin that are honestly pro democracy)

PS--- to write off electoral fraud as the will of the masses is honestly just about as undemocratic as you can get. To deny this is about Thaksin just shows that you are either deaf dumb and blind, or simply a liar.

:) should have happened earlier for sre, I assume they had someone taping Arisman in January. The simple fact is if they send in only 2 respected senior policemen to make the arrest, that Arisman will look like the thug he is if he resists or allows the crowd to prevent his lawful arrest. The reds realy cannot afford to be seen that way at this point in time. Their limited credibility will drop to zero if he doesn't go peacefully.

a lie detetor in thailand . thats the same as criptenite to super man .

A couple of minutes checking this webboard and some googling would provide you with enough information see why the words being used are 'inciting the public to overthrow the government'.

- He has on numerous occasions threatened to kill ahbisit and others.

- He was the leader of the gang of thugs that smashed into the official car that he thought Abhisit was in at the Royal Cliff in Pattaya, in front of regional leaders and the regional press.

- And he was the leader of the gang of thugs who pulled Abhisits driver out of the car and severely beat him up.

Nice guy? Fair and balanced?

Would you want him in a position of power, responsible to formulate national policy at a ministerial level?

That's what is very likely if the government is forced to step down or the PT / UDD win (read buy) an election in the near future.

Another point:

- Suddenly the red shirt rally is all about demaning elections.

- Last month they were the champions of democracy.

- The month before that they were demanding a pardon for their massively corrupt leader who should be before the world courts for massive crimes against humanity.

Wonder what their war cry will be next month? any ideas?

Yes exactly , and as I have mentioned in another post.... why were they (Him and the others including Seh Daeng ) not just all arrested then ... or even a few days ago even released on bail ??? when they have been so openly threatening havoc and creating all this high security alerts requirements including manned check posts everywhere (who obviously cannot control them based on todays breakthrough of one of the check points) and then the army, navy and airforce all on high alert to interact in case ...??

All which is scarring people!! Andon top of it, petrol sales stopped and what not ..as I said before no real democratic country would tolerate such flagrant threats and disruption to the total movement of their Country .... How could they NOW, AT THIS POINT IN TIME decide to put out an arrest warrent out on any of these crazy guys ..? Why did they let it even et this far..?? This should have been stpped weeks ago ..