The 'mafia', The Yabbah Junkie

tooninthai

Unbeknown to us several local teenagers had been kicked off their motorbikes. Some of the m/c were stolen and the thief/thieves never found.

A couple of months back Am (the girlfriend's son) was kicked off his bike. The family thought it was related to some ongoing incident and the local mafia boss was contacted, he being a long time friend of the family, so he could investigate. The family had a partial number plate reading and a poor description of the perpetrator's own bike. It was dark when the incident took place and Am was naturally a bit dazed by the incident.

Today a phone call came through. They have the man who kicked Am off his bike and wanted to talk to his mother.

Seems the culprit is a Yabba junkie with previous form. He has confessed to being the perpetrator and of previous incidents where he stole the bikes and sold them to pay for his habit.

There is no money to pay for damage to Am's bike or to pay for hospital treatment. Am's mother was asked what she wanted done with this guy.

I gather he was understandably nervous as he awaited her decision :)

She asked for him to be handed over to the police. When the police turned up to arrest him the man had a quantity of Yabba in his pocket. Now he is being done for theft, assault and dealing Yabba. He can expect rather a long time in prison.

The police had been unable or unwilling to catch this guy.

Thanks then have to go to the local boss of the mafia for getting this scum bag off the streets. A few people will be able to ride their motorbikes around safer than before.

Certainly Am and his mother feel relief that the perpetrator has been caught at last.

Maybe we do knock these 'mafia' guys sometimes but in this instance they took their time and got the man who is now locked safely away in a cell awaiting his appearance before the judge. Also they did it for nothing. 'Same same as family' the boss says.

Do you really believe anything would have been done by the local "mafia" boss if the guy was selling his yabaa? He's obviously getting his drugs elsewhere so of no value to the 'big boss" He didn't become the mafia don, lol, by being an all round good guy.

Yes indeed, the mafia do so much for the prosperity of Thailand. Kudos to them.

Not aways "bad."

Back in 1994 I was working in Moscow (Russia, not Idaho) on a USAID contract. We were sort of managing the contracting of about $95 million of US taxpayer funds.

Some local baddies heard about this and approached the several Russians we had on our staff, kind of demanding a share.

We went to the U.S. Embassy security office and explained the problem. They went to the local mafia boss for our area and explained that we didn't directly control any of the $$$, so nothing to skim. The local boss got in touch with the guys who'd been coming by and explained the situation to them, end of problem, no more such visits.

The mafia system worked for our protection in this instance, at no cost.

Mac

Do you really believe anything would have been done by the local "mafia" boss if the guy was selling his yabaa? He's obviously getting his drugs elsewhere so of no value to the 'big boss" He didn't become the mafia don, lol, by being an all round good guy.

Well said. Mafia bosses are low life scum bags.

And of course we definitely shouldn't be so cynical as to suggest that the yabba addict may have been pressurised into confessing and to therefore become a scapegoat by the mafia boss. I'm sure the boss is far too honest to indulge in any behavoir of that kind.

Edited by Ruperts

And of course we definitely shouldn't be so cynical as to suggest that the yabba addict may have been pressurised into confessing and to therefore become a scapegoat by the mafia boss. I'm sure the boss is far too honest to indulge in any behavoir of that kind.

How dare you question the ethics and morals of a mafia boss :)

Edited by bridge

The local mafia big guy came to my wedding.

He called my wife "little puppy" and she called him uncle.

He wasnt actually invited but was an "associate" of the wife's late father, so he mustve thought his invite got lost in the mail and showed up anyway.

He told me to be careful as the reason he calls her "little puppy" is that she looks tiny and cute but when upset she bites....."Just like her daddy, strong and tough" he said...

Thats when I realized there were things about the wife that I rather not know about.

Yes indeed, the mafia do so much for the prosperity of Thailand. Kudos to them.

Not aways "bad."

Back in 1994 I was working in Moscow (Russia, not Idaho) on a USAID contract. We were sort of managing the contracting of about $95 million of US taxpayer funds.

Some local baddies heard about this and approached the several Russians we had on our staff, kind of demanding a share.

We went to the U.S. Embassy security office and explained the problem. They went to the local mafia boss for our area and explained that we didn't directly control any of the $$, so nothing to skim. The local boss got in touch with the guys who'd been coming by and explained the situation to them, end of problem, no more such visits.

The mafia system worked for our protection in this instance, at no cost.

Mac

No, they simply realised it wasn't worth bothering you if you had no control over the money.

As Italian, I can tell you this "godfather-like" mafia is just an excuse to connect you to bring respect to them, push you to ask favours that, sooner or later you going to be asked to repay, with interest too.

The right location of the Mafia, italian, russian, japanese, chinese or thai, is behind the bars.

I feel to throw up.

Wow thats great that the local mafia boss could take time out from his life of crime to help out. Would be good if he could set up a table on walking street to help out more victims of crime. :)