Roadside Assist Package

FlakeyFoont

I was looking at the application form for the roadside assist package through ThaiVisa Insurance (linked on this fourm). The form asks for the year the vehicle was registered, but does not ask for the year the vehicle was made. Why is that?

I ask because the used vehicle I bought was made in 1996, but the bluebook show it was first registered in 2001!

So would the company see this as a 14 year old vehicle or a 9 year old vehicle?

It is based on the year manufactured, if the vehicle is over ten years old then the price is slightly higher as older vehicles tend to break down more, its based on the same age as insurance companies use. So yours would fall into the higher premium, which is still very well priced and cheaper through Thaivisa than going direct.

I have used the service once when the clutch slave cylinder popped a seal and got towed about 25km, well worth the price.

It is based on the year manufactured, if the vehicle is over ten years old then the price is slightly higher as older vehicles tend to break down more, its based on the same age as insurance companies use. So yours would fall into the higher premium, which is still very well priced and cheaper through Thaivisa than going direct.

I have used the service once when the clutch slave cylinder popped a seal and got towed about 25km, well worth the price.

Where do I find info on this package?