Boxing

Lampard....yeh, I can see it now, just as the Asutralian cricket team walks of the air bridge at Heathrow, Warn'ie goes to the mens room and reads on the back of the toilet door, that Superfly had predicted a Zu knockout, he freaks out, runs into the customs area and tells the rest of the team what he has seen, they all read the back of the door and decide that its "they might just aswell turn around and fly home"......

:o:D:D:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tszyu denies Lewis split

Sportal

Kostya Tszyu has denied claims that he has sacked trainer Johnny Lewis after he lost his International Boxing Federation light-welterweight crown to Englishman Ricky Hatton in Manchester.

Tszyu has arrived back in Sydney after only his second loss in his professional career and has immediately poured cold water on suggestions that he and Lewis have fallen out after the legendary trainer threw in the towel with a round remaining in the Hatton bout.

A Russian newspaper had reported Tszyu's promoter, Vlad Warton, as saying the 35-year-old boxer would never have stopped the fight on his own accord and that his manger Matt Watt, was not happy with Lewis.

"Kostya wanted to continue, but Lewis felt that he was losing the fight," Warton was quoted as saying in the Sovietsky Sport newspaper.

"It wasn't Kostya's decision to end the fight. He would never have stopped his own fight."

However, Team Tszyu publicist Kristy Doyle, said the report was false and that Lewis would stick by the fallen champ.

"(Tszyu and Lewis) left Australia as mates and they have been mates since 1992, and that's how they will come back to Sydney," she said.

"It's completely 150 per cent untrue. I spoke with Matt and Kostya was sitting right beside him, so I was hearing him talk as well."

I hope that its a 150% untrue......would be great to see Zu get back to the top with Lewis in his corner.....

Edited by Siam_superfly

This is a bit of Thailand, but I remember reading a thread some time ago in which many posters seemed to think that Hatton would knock Koysta over.....Hmmmmm

Dont know how much the English/Euro fight fans have seen of Koysta, but to say Hatton will win, then they havent seen much ( of Zu )..

It will be a good warm up fight for Zu.

Anything can happen in the ring, but from what I've seen of Hatton, "if" Hatton stands in front of Zu, the shows over for Hatton, very quickly....

Blimey Siam Supermouth. I've just read this post out of interest when I saw you had posted it. I wasn't wrong. So if your Ashes predictions are like your boxing predictions then the Aussies might just as well turn round and fly home now :o:D:D:D

Lampard....yeh, I can see it now, just as the Asutralian cricket team walks of the air bridge at Heathrow, Warn'ie goes to the mens room and reads on the back of the toilet door, that Superfly had predicted a Zu knockout, he freaks out, runs into the customs area and tells the rest of the team what he has seen, they all read the back of the door and decide that its "they might just aswell turn around and fly home"......

Lamp'ie.....

• 2 weeks later...
Tszyu denies Lewis split

Sportal

Kostya Tszyu has denied claims that he has sacked trainer Johnny Lewis after he lost his International Boxing Federation light-welterweight crown to Englishman Ricky Hatton in Manchester.

Tszyu has arrived back in Sydney after only his second loss in his professional career and has immediately poured cold water on suggestions that he and Lewis have fallen out after the legendary trainer threw in the towel with a round remaining in the Hatton bout.

A Russian newspaper had reported Tszyu's promoter, Vlad Warton, as saying the 35-year-old boxer would never have stopped the fight on his own accord and that his manger Matt Watt, was not happy with Lewis.

"Kostya wanted to continue, but Lewis felt that he was losing the fight," Warton was quoted as saying in the Sovietsky Sport newspaper.

"It wasn't Kostya's decision to end the fight. He would never have stopped his own fight."

However, Team Tszyu publicist Kristy Doyle, said the report was false and that Lewis would stick by the fallen champ.

"(Tszyu and Lewis) left Australia as mates and they have been mates since 1992, and that's how they will come back to Sydney," she said.

"It's completely 150 per cent untrue. I spoke with Matt and Kostya was sitting right beside him, so I was hearing him talk as well."

I just heard on the radio that Tszyu has had a brain scan that has shown he has had bleeding in the brain. :o His trainer was spot on to stop the fight.

• 8 months later...

His partner in dancing with the stars is stunning.

But i hope he gets eliminated so he can decide if he retires or going to give us 1 more show.

i dont want him to fight anyone but Hatton, but Hattons camp already said they wont honour a rematch.