Boxing

This is a bit of Thailand, but I remember reading a thread some time ago in which many posters seemed to think that Hatton would knock Koysta over.....Hmmmmm

Dont know how much the English/Euro fight fans have seen of Koysta, but to say Hatton will win, then they havent seen much ( of Zu )..

It will be a good warm up fight for Zu.

Anything can happen in the ring, but from what I've seen of Hatton, "if" Hatton stands in front of Zu, the shows over for Hatton, very quickly....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen a fair bit of kostya and although he starts favourite, hatton still has a big chance of winning.

tszyu is 35 years old and has to grow old sometime. he can be hurt, although admittedly he is probably one of the harders punchers in the sport right now.

hatton is super fit and has a great body attack and if he can avoid or smother tszyus slegehammer right hand he had stop tszyu late on.

i wouldnt be surprised if hatton got whacked out early, but i just have a feeling hatton can do it.

out of interest - how many hatton fights have you seen? i've seen most live since he outpointed mark ramsey in 1999 in donny.

For ur interest Leftcross.....I have never seen a whole Hatton fight, as where I come from there is very little shown of euro/english fighters...although I have seen most after fight reports on Hatton, coz this fight has been on the horizon for sometime....

Zu has so much more than just a hard right hand, and he is hungry again...

Hatton will get a nice headache trying to attack Zu's body, as he will most probably get knocked out coming in, and if he is still standing, Hatton will have to stay away from Zu's power...Zu punches like a middle weight, and has a long list of world class fighters that he has mixed it up with and beaten...

May the best man win....it should be an interesting night !!!

Hatton is very, very speacial. He did a better job on Ben Tackie than Tszyu did. Vivian Harris and Kelson Pinto also backed out of fights with him, which tells its own story.

Tszyu is good, but so is Hatton. Tszyu isnt invincible. I can remember Diobleys Hurtado had him all over the place and Zab Judah was running rings around him until he got sparked out.

Should be a good fight - you know where they will show it in BKK? If UBC dont get it will the Aussie feeds pick it up?

Hatton is very, very speacial. He did a better job on Ben Tackie than Tszyu did. Vivian Harris and Kelson Pinto also backed out of fights with him, which tells its own story.

Tszyu is good, but so is Hatton. Tszyu isnt invincible. I can remember Diobleys Hurtado had him all over the place and Zab Judah was running rings around him until he got sparked out.

Should be a good fight - you know where they will show it in BKK? If UBC dont get it will the Aussie feeds pick it up?

Hmmm..well u must have been watching a different fight than me to say that Judah was beating Zu, well I suppose Judah was running away alot....and what happened to both fighters that u mentioned will happen to Hatton....they can dance around and jab, but sooner or later u have to stand and land...and thats where they get hammered by Zu.....

Most Zu fights are live feeds in Bkk on Star or whatever it is, I will not be in Bkk for the fight,....yes it is live in Oz on Fox....

all three judges gave the first round to judah! judah was so fast, he was taking the piss.

sorry, siam_superfly i can't take your fight prediction seriously when you admit you have never seen Hatton fight. How are you supposed to be able to work out who will win if you only know one fighter?

Hatton is like a buzzsaw, he just keeps working. He creates angles to land those body shots in close and he wont give Tszyu a moment to think.

I'm a big Hatton fan but I know he is the underdog in this one. Tszyu has the power but Hatton can win. It's on a par with Nigel Benn v Gerald McClellan. Everyone thought Benn would get sparked by McClellan, who was also a massive puncher but Benn did a job on him.

Write Hatton off at your peril!

all three judges gave the first round to judah! judah was so fast, he was taking the piss.

sorry, siam_superfly i can't take your fight prediction seriously when you admit you have never seen Hatton fight. How are you supposed to be able to work out who will win if you only know one fighter?

Hatton is like a buzzsaw, he just keeps working. He creates angles to land those body shots in close and he wont give Tszyu a moment to think.

I'm a big Hatton fan but I know he is the underdog in this one. Tszyu has the power but Hatton can win. It's on a par with Nigel Benn v Gerald McClellan. Everyone thought Benn would get sparked by McClellan, who was also a massive puncher but Benn did a job on him.

Write Hatton off at your peril!

As I said earlier Left cross...anything can happen in the ring.

anyway....to say that Zab was winning...early rounds......Zu just waited and then took his shot as soon as Judah stopped running away.....watch the fight .....and so what...Koysta destroyed Zab Judah....absolutely smashed him to near death...!! watch the fight..!!

and what...Zu doesnt work angles and deliver killer body shots ?

but soon its Showtime" and may the best man win.....

Hmmm..well u must have been watching a different fight than me to say that Judah was beating Zu, well I suppose Judah was running away alot....and what happened to both fighters that u mentioned will happen to Hatton....they can dance around and jab, but sooner or later u have to stand and land...and thats where they get hammered by Zu.....

Most Zu fights are live feeds in Bkk on Star or whatever it is, I will not be in Bkk for the fight,....yes it is live in Oz on Fox....

I am a big fight fan and understand that many people seem to be able to see major fights on TV here in BKK. I have UBC and always try to find broadcasts of major fights but never with any luck. I know you won't be in BKK during this fight but you mentioned live feeds in BKK. Any info on these live feeds would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have seen on TV a couple of Hatton fights and many highlights. He is a great fighter to watch with a wonderful body attach and very high energy level and conditioning. Still, many fighters seem to come up short in their first really major big time fight and Zu seems to be too experienced and talented for Hatton to prevail. I look for a gallant effort on Hatton's part. But, I expect Zu will gradually wear him down and score a TKO in the late rounds (I guess round 8).

I am a big fight fan and understand that many people seem to be able to see major fights on TV here in BKK. I have UBC and always try to find broadcasts of major fights but never with any luck. I know you won't be in BKK during this fight but you mentioned live feeds in BKK. Any info on these live feeds would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have seen on TV a couple of Hatton fights and many highlights. He is a great fighter to watch with a wonderful body attach and very high energy level and conditioning. Still, many fighters seem to come up short in their first really major big time fight and Zu seems to be too experienced and talented for Hatton to prevail. I look for a gallant effort on Hatton's part. But, I expect Zu will gradually wear him down and score a TKO in the late rounds (I guess round 8).

Tiger...the fights I have seen while in Bkk, have been on Star".....but who or how to buy the feed I do not know, but ask around at some of the larger hotels and u should be able to find a place to watch the fight...best of luck

Zu in 4"......

Tiger....in Bangkok try the 'Baiyoke Sky" hotel, I have watched fights and Wallabie games in the lobby restaurant.....

• 2 weeks later...

I would write Hatton off at your peril.

His biggest enemy could well be an occasional tendency to cut.

Tszyu's biggest enemy could well be the fact that he's only had 3 rounds of one sided action in 2 years. Tszyu looked very ordinary in beating Urkal and Tackie and was also unimpressive in the Lejia fight before the premature end.

In the last fight against Sharmba Mitchell, Mitchell fought an almost schoolboy fight against Tszyu and paid the price accordingly.

There has been a tendency to write off UK fighters in the past because they are neither US box office nor have they KO'd a big US name.

However, this tendency to right off fighters who have yet to have the chance to prove themselves (at least to American eyes anyway) has caused more than a few big names to eat canvass in the past and as long a Hatton keeps to his boxing skills and doesn't get carried away I think Sunday morning will be another one of those nights.

For big fights check the Thai terrestrial listings. Most of the big fights I've seen in Thailand (Unsually heavyweights mind you - Tyson , Lewis etc.) have all been on terrestrial.

As a one time Amateur Boxer and Kick /Thai Boxer and basically a know it all about boxing , as a fan, and also a Brit , I would love Hatton to win.

But there's a problem.

He won't.

Tzu is 3 levels above any opponent Hatton has faced.

Come on Hatton , prove me wrong.

:o

'Zu' wil be on his arse in 4!

Like the coming ashes series, its wake up time for stale Aussie sports!

Well we have to let u Poms win something sometime....u lose at everything all the time......but it wont be the Ashes and it wont be Hatton....

Try a sport that England wont have to face Australia at any stage, and u may win something....

But hats of to England for winning the Rugby World cup, make the most of it, we want it ......

'Zu' wil be on his arse in 4!

Like the coming ashes series, its wake up time for stale Aussie sports!

Well we have to let u Poms win something sometime....u lose at everything all the time......but it wont be the Ashes and it wont be Hatton....

Try a sport that England wont have to face Australia at any stage, and u may win something....

But hats of to England for winning the Rugby World cup, make the most of it, we want it ......

the poms did well in the synchronised swimming in the olympics :o

Mr Superfly?

Yeh...Im here...Im doing fine thankyou....

The best fighter on the night won.......good luck to Hatton......

Ever heard of a rematch ?

If Hatton was so good, why didnt he drop Zu..???

Hmmmmmmmm

Im taking nothing away from Hatton, he went in and got the outcome that he wanted...he won the fight......

If u want to push the issue, then u might want to look at as to why Zu was not ko'd ?.....

Tszyu was beaten into submission inside the distance.

According to the pro Tszyu camp prior to the fight their man was an unbeatable machine, therefore for Hatton to defeat Tszyu inside the distance speaks volumes.

If you think that Hatton's not knocking Tszyu out is symptomatic of some flaw in his game then I'd love to hear it.

You really don't know your boxing do you?

Tszyu was beaten into submission inside the distance.

According to the pro Tszyu camp prior to the fight their man was an unbeatable machine, therefore for Hatton to defeat Tszyu inside the distance speaks volumes.

If you think that Hatton's not knocking Tszyu out is symptomatic of some flaw in his game then I'd love to hear it.

You really don't know your boxing do you?

Pro Fart.....

You are nothing more than an "ARM CHAIR BOXER".........who looks up websites on the internet to find out information about boxing.......I know this by the fact that u can spell perfectly, names of South American etc" fighters who fought long ago and other ###t that u have posted.....

For your information, cause u would already know this, unless ur websites have not typed it up yet is...

In boxing u cant teach power....Zu didnt come out of his corner coz Lewis thought he was unable to fight, as Zu was spent......u following d##kh##d ?

Zu wasnt throwing hard...he was spent...

Hatton is fast, but lacks the power needed to take on a fully fit Zu and other fighters that Hatton will come up against in America......

Hatton should have knocked Zu out, Hatton was far the superior boxer on the night, and I take nothing away from Hatton and he may well beat all comers and stay on top for years to come, maybe not to.....

You said yourself pro Fart, that Hatton landed doudle the punches that Zu landed.....and yes Hatton did...

So how hard is Hatton punching if Zu is still standing in front of Hatton after 800 punches ...?? u still with me d##kh##d....

go back to ur arm chair Pro Fart.........

Congrats to Hatton....the best man won

Edited by Siam_superfly

Siam, using your logic all fights should end in KO. You are really starting to look very ignorant about boxing.

I understand you are sore that your boy got a beating. Get over it and wind your neck in. Just because my knowledge far outstrips yours do not assume that I find my knowledge from the internet. That may be your resorce but thankfully it isn't mine.

Never mind Hatton v Tszyo what about Superfly v The Proff ?

I didn't watch the fight myself, but have just read an excellent quote on the BB web site (from the comfort of my arm chair) from hatton "If I can be half the champion Tszyu is, I'll be doing very well," he told the crowd of 22,000 after improving his career record to 39-0.

"He's not a champion, he's a champion-and-a-half. I've become a champion and now I want to become a great one"