Thaksin's Rural Red Shirts Swarm The Capital

webfact

I don't get the reasonong of many people in this forum which have been always a PRO PAD forum.

A friend of mine, a welthy Chinese-Thai has donated a week ago at the red shirts rally 100,000 Baht to support them.

And many other welthy and less welthy citizens that I know have supported the cause of the RED's.

NO THAKSIN money.

But keep spewing your yelllow propaganda which is the MAIN CAUSE of what is happening now.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My three cents: Trying to be positive and to improve the situation:

First, the split between rural and urban population: it is a direct consequence of the (too) fast industrialisation. I understand the Bangkokians and their focus on the economy performances, but they have also to give answers to their rural fellow citizens. They cannot build the 22th Century Thailand and let half of the population behind.... (Europeans, Americans, we have known such situations one or two generations ago, nothing new on this planet)

Secondly, immediately, the government (of any colour) has to give answers to rice and rubber prices stability, drought (irrigation projects are far to be taken seriously and implemented)...Also Rural population needs that part of the cake is invested for improving their welfare and incomes, do not forget them in your modernisation and expansion projects. Not everything on grandiose projects. Elite...you have to share ....If not you will be swept sooner or later....

Thirdly, if the Rural population is poorly educated, is not it a failure of the current system? Please do not insult your fellow citizens, some people have some responsibility in maintaining them at this very low educational level, is not it? But maybe, some people want to perpetuate this situation?

Yes, the rural population have difficulties to express their issues; they have only found one politician who has listened to them: this man is far to be perfect, but he has been smart enough to listen to 50% of the Thai population.

Listen to each other and share the progress.. in order to build a modern Thailand of which, together –rural and urban people- tomorrow you will be proud of your Country

This is all propaganda and scare mongering. The red shirts are going to sieze the 11th infantry battalion please...... We are educated farangs.... Who is throwing out all these wierd and wonderful fairy tales. This is propoganda spread by the elite yellow.... and yes yellow which means frightened.

Anyway the yellow seized the House of Gvt easily and without punishment afterwards. Why reds could not seize a couple of barracks.

Also, all of us know that we cannot believe yellow propaganda.

ok, so the blue can sieze that and the white can sieze this, etc... later, the ladyboys will sieze pattaya as well and rape you in the arse. would you like to live in a barbaric thailand?

the law is not perfect but i'm still happy that the less evil is sided.

You understand well: as soon as the yellow original sin had not been punished in 2008, every thing is possible.

don't get me wrong, i agree someone has to be punished. but it should not be the reason for the other side to justify their acts. i also understand that the leaders (yellow) have outstanding warrant of arrests.

They will get frustrated. They don't have the majority support or the moral authority to pull off what they are demanding. They do have fermented fish. You figure it out ...

You're wrong again dude - they have majority support in the country as far as people i know - tuk tuks up here are flying red flags - I have yet to find any yellow fellows outside of BKK and this forum

you havent spent much time in the south then have you......for some bizzae reason,,, they dont tend to looks so kindly upon the taksinista movment, but again thats just one mans perspective :D

Don't even have to go that far. Even in Chiang Mai the urban middle class by and large lean to the Democrat party. My working assumption is that everyone in the office is some shade of yellow/white/pink. :D Heck, the person next to me in bed is that. :)

Despite how vigorous the pro-Thaksin supporters claim no money is changing hands for the supporters, we in the capital don't have to go far to hear from people that have been offered cash to attend - the maid of my last workplace for one.

Turnout directly equates cash. Thaksin is going for it this time.

There's the rub. The Yellows did the same thing, paying demonstrators. What is your point? If you are implying there is not a legitimate democratic movement because fund raising and covering of expenses occurs, which it has in every political campaign in the history of the World, then that makes the Yellow movement a sham as well. They paid more!

Also, the reds do not deny they distribute fund raising monies, it's the Yellows that deny that.

ONE thing y'all have HAVE TO realize. If Thaksin died of a heart attack, the red democratic/communist/anti Chinese movement would not go away. Do you really think it would???

They would actually be stronger without a corrupt leader.

The same can be said of the Yellows. Their image suffers greatly in having a leader that bank rolled Thaksin into power, called him Thailand's best PM ever, and was one of the largest beneficiaries of the Thaksin corruption. Sondhi was 'forgiven' of billions in debt by Thaksin.

Has Abhisit and Sondhi gotten rid of corruption and bribery in Thailand? NOT

As a side note the people I know must be really crap protesters - they've been to several anti-Thaksin demos and haven't received a satang. Can you give them some pointers on what to look for?

But that will quickly get shot down because it's all anecdotal. Yes, if there were any Yellows paid then it is a sham - a level playing field for all.

I can say with a fair amount of certainty if there's the slightest chance of Thaksin ever becoming PM again there will be a demonstration that will dwarf what is happening with the reds right now, and it won't cost anybody a bean.

Well I gotta hit the gym at major ratchayothin tomorrow around 1-2pm hopefully they're outta my way by then. Better yet if I get there early enough maybe I can watch them from the giant panoramic windows. It'll be like working out at the zoo :)

With a charming attitude like that, is it any wonder the Thais resent some foreign presence in their country? :D

Feel free to call them a bunch of animals to their face in Thai, tough guy. I'm betting you will get a "work-out" and quite deservedly.

smartallex,do you have any idea what the riceburners call a falang when in party of others thinking the poor round-eye longnose lobsterred(burned from the beach-sun0.it would be soo much that you run amok,calling a thai Kwai is not too bad, i called a linesman on a powerline pole Ling may mee han,he fell almost of the post,mad yes but not murderous.

the Pied Piper T. is paranoid ,should be locked away and the key thrown off,a perfert criminal,a demagoge like A.H. or his henchman Goering.

NEVER in any gov't regime have i seen so much support for 1 man...in my life...

I think they should let him have back HIS Country and HIS gov't...

He is not a "hitler" or a "polpot".... He done many good things and that is why his support has never dwindled...

Whether your fore or against... you must admit... he has not let up, his supporters have not let up... the other since him have came and gone..

Must admit, has things gotten better without? I think things are at their all time worst... only if they give back to him will things ever turn around...

that is my observation and opinion... and I know many of you don't agree and rightfully so... but his support has been unwavering.

My three cents: Trying to be positive and to improve the situation:

First, the split between rural and urban population: it is a direct consequence of the (too) fast industrialisation. I understand the Bangkokians and their focus on the economy performances, but they have also to give answers to their rural fellow citizens. They cannot build the 22th Century Thailand and let half of the population behind.... (Europeans, Americans, we have known such situations one or two generations ago, nothing new on this planet)

Secondly, immediately, the government (of any colour) has to give answers to rice and rubber prices stability, drought (irrigation projects are far to be taken seriously and implemented)...Also Rural population needs that part of the cake is invested for improving their welfare and incomes, do not forget them in your modernisation and expansion projects. Not everything on grandiose projects. Elite...you have to share ....If not you will be swept sooner or later....

Thirdly, if the Rural population is poorly educated, is not it a failure of the current system? Please do not insult your fellow citizens, some people have some responsibility in maintaining them at this very low educational level, is not it? But maybe, some people want to perpetuate this situation?

Yes, the rural population have difficulties to express their issues; they have only found one politician who has listened to them: this man is far to be perfect, but he has been smart enough to listen to 50% of the Thai population.

Listen to each other and share the progress.. in order to build a modern Thailand of which, together –rural and urban people- tomorrow you will be proud of your Country

Well stated.

This is a long read. So there were not one million demonstrators? Now small groups here and there will be blocking the city, that is the strategy? The point has been made? What point? We all knew before that he has a lot of support in the countryside, so what other point has been made? That they have to be more ceraful with the numbers?

I am happy so far no major incidents. Hopefully as the 24 hours ultimatum to disolve the government and call the new elections will not happen then what next? Next ultimatum we give you now next 48 hours to do the same? And what if the parlament is not disolved? Will you stay in Bangkok indefinately? This is a lost game from a chess point of view for reds.

Edited by macwalen

This is a long read. So there were not one million demonstrators? Now small groups here and there will be blocking the city, that is the strategy? The point has been made? What point? We all knew before that he has a lot of support in the countryside, so what other point has been made? That they have to be more ceraful with the numbers?

Well, they got really good press internationally so far. Can't take that to the bank, I'll readily admit. :)

And they've established that nobody in the current regime listens to them. And perhaps they've galvanized their base, which would be a good thing when eventually there are elections.

In terms of stated goals however, they're not off the mark. (and I doubt they will, but an orderly protest would be a win IMHO.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

He is not a "hitler" or a "polpot".... He done many good things and that is why his support has never dwindled...

Whether your fore or against... you must admit... he has not let up, his supporters have not let up... the other since him have came and gone..

Must admit, has things gotten better without? I think things are at their all time worst... only if they give back to him will things ever turn around...

that is my observation and opinion... and I know many of you don't agree and rightfully so... but his support has been unwavering.

because he pays for it.

If I pay 100,000, 200,000, 500,000 or even a 1,000,000 people to march for me does that mean I can rule a country of 65 odd million people.

as I said before rent a mob support keep him in the limelight, take away his money and he will disappear and be forgotten about.

And for the Thais who wore the Yellow shirts, they protested voluntarily. Nobody paid them and they did not create violence.

Somebody needs to wake up. cheesy.gif

nobody paid them get a life.Probably half of the red shirts now probably got paid then to don a yellow shirt somepeople are just blind or dumb as well of course the yellows were paid there was photos and footage of it

You think things are at their all time worst? Really? LOL You dont' get out much. Of course his support is unwavering. Its bought and paid for. Mercenarcies are always loyal to the highest bidder.

And if I may add... The majority of the money has been donated by people whom believe the movement NOT by PM Thaksins' wallet.

Since when did that happen? :)

In Chiang Mai here, on Radio FM 92.5, the Red station has been announcing every 15 min. or so donations from folks in all walks in life for the past 2 weeks. Young children to aged grannies and grandfathers, rich and poor... Lowest I heard was 5 baht, the highest 50,000 baht. These donations are in cash and presented to the radio DJ's at the Grand Warowot Hotel in the city, they then read the name and announce the amount over the radio. This is logged in a ledger book with the persons name, address, and IC #. Questions are asked of the person donating the money first to establish their intent. I was there listening and watching as my wife made a donation.

Also donated were dry goods, food, and water for the trip to BKK (no booze...).

The donated cash was handed out to the pickup truck drivers / owners.... 2000baht for each truck of 7 - 10 people. This cash was for a round trip run. Once again, a ledger book was out and pertinent info was being recorded as well as a video.

And if I may add... The majority of the money has been donated by people whom believe the movement NOT by PM Thaksins' wallet.

Since when did that happen? :D

In Chiang Mai here, on Radio FM 92.5, the Red station has been announcing every 15 min. or so donations from folks in all walks in life for the past 2 weeks. Young children to aged grannies and grandfathers, rich and poor... Lowest I heard was 5 baht, the highest 50,000 baht. These donations are in cash and presented to the radio DJ's at the Grand Warowot Hotel in the city, they then read the name and announce the amount over the radio. This is logged in a ledger book with the persons name, address, and IC #. Questions are asked of the person donating the money first to establish their intent. I was there listening and watching as my wife made a donation.

The donated cash was handed out to the pickup truck drivers / owners.... 2000baht for each truck of 7 - 10 people. This cash was for a round trip run. Once again, a ledger book was out and pertinent info was being recorded as well as a video.

A true believer. God bless you. :)

Well I gotta hit the gym at major ratchayothin tomorrow around 1-2pm hopefully they're outta my way by then. Better yet if I get there early enough maybe I can watch them from the giant panoramic windows. It'll be like working out at the zoo :)

With a charming attitude like that, is it any wonder the Thais resent some foreign presence in their country? :D

Feel free to call them a bunch of animals to their face in Thai, tough guy. I'm betting you will get a "work-out" and quite deservedly.

smartallex,do you have any idea what the riceburners call a falang when in party of others thinking the poor round-eye longnose lobsterred(burned from the beach-sun0.it would be soo much that you run amok,calling a thai Kwai is not too bad, i called a linesman on a powerline pole Ling may mee han,he fell almost of the post,mad yes but not murderous.

the Pied Piper T. is paranoid ,should be locked away and the key thrown off,a perfert criminal,a demagoge like A.H. or his henchman Goering.

I quite agree the Red Shirt Movement would be better off without the coup deposed former prime minister in the background.

But the fight for a representative government would go on without him, despite the predictions of the elitist falang on ThaiVisa.

Lowering yourself to labeling other people as animals is the first step toward treating them as sub-humans. That is the tactics of true monsters bent upon enslaving a portion of their own populace. And wasn't denying the vote to the rural citizens a cornerstone of the present regime's Yellow Shirt henchmen?

I'm glad the Red Shirts are in the streets demanding what the Bangkok elite would so quickly deny them, and I'm happy it has been non-violent to date.

Since when did that happen? :)

Well if a red station says so, then it must be true.

The native Thais who wore the red shirts and the Thai citizens who also wore the red shirts seems to forget that their exiled fugitve cult leader is not a full blooded Thai. In case of memory loss, Thaksin Shinawatra's first agenda as Prime Minister of Thailand was to visit his family's ancestral beginnings in China. That move showed only that he does not respect the Thais and Thailand. He showed that he is a Chinese with a Thai citizenship living in Thailand. Although he was born in Thailand, he does not care at all about being a Thai. For him, he is a Chinese and not Thai. And for added insult to the Thais, he called the country of Thailand as his company and the Thais his followers and employees. The wounds were still fresh when yet he added another insult to the bleeding ego of Thais, he sold his telecom company to a Singapore based organization run and managed by Chinese as well. For what reason why Thaksin couldn't sell his telecom company to his fellow native Thais and fellow Thai-Chinese, only Thaksin and his wife knows the reason. There are so many Billionaires and Millionaires in Thailand who could come up with the amount he asked for the sale of his telecom company.

No matter how wise a man in running a business, the man is destined to fall hard and broken if his intentions are to create chaos and anarchy. There was an article from Bangkok Post within six months after Thaksin was elected as Thailand's Prime Minister that showed whom Thaksin admired for their intelligence. One of those photos was of Jose Rizal of the Philippines. I couldn't find any answers or reasons why Thaksin admired Jose Rizal who fought for the independence of The Philippines from the Spaniards peacefully with no bloodshed. In contrast, Thaksin has vowed to destroy Thailand unless he becomes the uncontested leader of the thugs and vagabonds he buys with his ill-gotten wealth. The only comparison I can think of is:

Imelda Marcos (wife of Ferdinand Marcos) and Suharto of Indonesia and Hitler = Thaksin Shinawatra.

Imagine what would life be in Asia if this monster who calls himself a Thai and yet shows no respect to Thailand succeeds in his evil plans. He is crazy. Just like Hitler who was imprisoned when he attempted a failed coup in Germany and later on became the elected leader of the German race. The result ----->>> World War II and Jewish Holocaust.

Hitler pretended to resign from his political life after he was released from prison with the intention of creating chaos within his political party only to come back when he felt he has the upper hand to regain his position. NEVER should this be allowed to happen in Asia.

Thaksin signed and gave the order to assasinate and kill thousands of Thais and foreigners living in Thailand who were suspected of dealing with banned narcotics. A lot of innoncents were caught in that executive order and lost their lives in the end as the order was to kill and not to arrest. That is the not a good quality of a Prime Minister who talks about democracy when Thaksin was removed from his position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

The Truth --->>>> those people were killed to silence competitors and future witnesses that could prove that Thaksin also deals with illegal narcotics and contrabands. The wealth that was sequestered from those killed went to his pockets. And the arms robbery of an Army camp in Southern Thailand, that was his grand idea. Create and instill the fear of violence so he can hold on to his mad dream for power.

Sighhh......being a billionare was not enough.

And for the Thais who wore the Yellow shirts, they protested voluntarily. Nobody paid them and they did not create violence. They protested and disrupted airport operations and occupied government institutions to force the puppet government of an EXILED MAD MAN to resign and hold elections. They were there to protect their rights as Thais. As for the reds, what are they fighting for. What are they protecting?

Wake up Thailand!

The native Thais who wore the red shirts and the Thai citizens who also wore the red shirts seems to forget that their exiled fugitve cult leader is not a full blooded Thai. In case of memory loss, Thaksin Shinawatra's first agenda as Prime Minister of Thailand was to visit his family's ancestral beginnings in China. That move showed only that he does not respect the Thais and Thailand. He showed that he is a Chinese with a Thai citizenship living in Thailand. Although he was born in Thailand, he does not care at all about being a Thai. For him, he is a Chinese and not Thai. And for added insult to the Thais, he called the country of Thailand as his company and the Thais his followers and employees. The wounds were still fresh when yet he added another insult to the bleeding ego of Thais, he sold his telecom company to a Singapore based organization run and managed by Chinese as well. For what reason why Thaksin couldn't sell his telecom company to his fellow native Thais and fellow Thai-Chinese, only Thaksin and his wife knows the reason. There are so many Billionaires and Millionaires in Thailand who could come up with the amount he asked for the sale of his telecom company.

No matter how wise a man in running a business, the man is destined to fall hard and broken if his intentions are to create chaos and anarchy. There was an article from Bangkok Post within six months after Thaksin was elected as Thailand's Prime Minister that showed whom Thaksin admired for their intelligence. One of those photos was of Jose Rizal of the Philippines. I couldn't find any answers or reasons why Thaksin admired Jose Rizal who fought for the independence of The Philippines from the Spaniards peacefully with no bloodshed. In contrast, Thaksin has vowed to destroy Thailand unless he becomes the uncontested leader of the thugs and vagabonds he buys with his ill-gotten wealth. The only comparison I can think of is:

Imelda Marcos (wife of Ferdinand Marcos) and Suharto of Indonesia and Hitler = Thaksin Shinawatra.

Imagine what would life be in Asia if this monster who calls himself a Thai and yet shows no respect to Thailand succeeds in his evil plans. He is crazy. Just like Hitler who was imprisoned when he attempted a failed coup in Germany and later on became the elected leader of the German race. The result ----->>> World War II and Jewish Holocaust.

Hitler pretended to resign from his political life after he was released from prison with the intention of creating chaos within his political party only to come back when he felt he has the upper hand to regain his position. NEVER should this be allowed to happen in Asia.

Thaksin signed and gave the order to assasinate and kill thousands of Thais and foreigners living in Thailand who were suspected of dealing with banned narcotics. A lot of innoncents were caught in that executive order and lost their lives in the end as the order was to kill and not to arrest. That is the not a good quality of a Prime Minister who talks about democracy when Thaksin was removed from his position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

The Truth --->>>> those people were killed to silence competitors and future witnesses that could prove that Thaksin also deals with illegal narcotics and contrabands. The wealth that was sequestered from those killed went to his pockets. And the arms robbery of an Army camp in Southern Thailand, that was his grand idea. Create and instill the fear of violence so he can hold on to his mad dream for power.

Sighhh......being a billionare was not enough.

And for the Thais who wore the Yellow shirts, they protested voluntarily. Nobody paid them and they did not create violence. They protested and disrupted airport operations and occupied government institutions to force the puppet government of an EXILED MAD MAN to resign and hold elections. They were there to protect their rights as Thais. As for the reds, what are they fighting for. What are they protecting?

Wake up Thailand!

They will get frustrated. They don't have the majority support or the moral authority to pull off what they are demanding. They do have fermented fish. You figure it out ...

Actually they do have the support, which party got the most votes in the last elections.

Suggest you rephrase that to:

- Which party bought massive numbers of votes, and

- Which party got dissolved for massive vote buying.

And the party was dissolved by the court consisting of Judges by who? An elected group of politicians or a military junta leader who bought down an elected Government?

Actually they do have the support, which party got the most votes in the last elections.

Suggest you rephrase that to:

- Which party bought massive numbers of votes, and

- Which party got dissolved for massive vote buying.

And the party was dissolved by the court consisting of Judges by who? An elected group of politicians or a military junta leader who bought down an elected Government?