Cell Phones In Thailand

randyksf

Cell Phones in Thailand

Does anyone know the real deal on Cell phones ownership in BKK?

I am currently here on a B visa doing business and plan to be here for quite sometime. Currently I am using an account that a friend opened for me. However I need to have it in my name for a few reasons. The clerk at store told me I need work permit? What are the real rules on this?

Oh I am using GSM if that helps.

thanks for the help :o

The clerk is right, you will need a work permit, if you want to go on an plan. i.e were you bill ed for what you use. Most of the foreigners I know living here including myself, use the pre paid service. By a refill card from any 7/11. In fact I don't know anyone who is using a plan.

M

[COLOR=orange]The clerk is right, you will need a work permit, if you want to go on an plan. i.e were you bill ed for what you use. Most of the foreigners I know living here including myself, use the pre paid service. By a refill card from any 7/11. In fact I don't know anyone who is using a plan.

M

Try Orange as per Marquess Quote B)B)B)

B)B)B)

:o:D

Ok. then I think I will stick with my plan. GSM has the largest coverage area. I was thinking about the 1 2 go but it is expenisive and I have a cool number.

However I will look into Orange and see what they can do for me.

This is kinda stange needing a work permit to get a bloody cell phone?

thanks for the advice.

also for the really lazy, you can refill 1-2-Call and other prepaid phone plans, and pay post-pay bills, at most bank ATMs in thailand (if you have a local account at that bank).

sometimes i "recharge" my phone when doing other business at a Bangkok Bank ATM...it saves me the steps to the nearest 7-11 or whereever and the effort of scratching off the little black stuff from the card and getting my finger all black. service charge is i believe B10 or 20.