Build Solar Sauna

johntou

I too have considered this type of project, I was thinking about building a simple hut out of corrugated roofing sheets then using a simple hose to spray water on the inside walls to get the humidity. However I thought that the water would probably produce too much cooling to really get the steam going and that extra steam production would be required. As for the 'hut' sealing the gaps would take time and move it from an experiment to a proper project.

Would probably have to be acrylic (or similar) on the sun sides with that silver foil type insulation on the other sides and top (inside). Have a concrete floor (dull colour) and spray some water on it sometime in the afternoon before you want to get in there.

Or how about just having a standard sauna and preheating the stones on a barby outside, remove the ash, then wheel the thing in and bung some water on there? Could also do some chicken wings same time. :)

Or how about just having a standard sauna and preheating the stones on a barby outside, remove the ash, then wheel the thing in and bung some water on there?

There's an idea! I will try to find a thick canvas army-style tent to test the idea in before I actually build a structure. (The neighbours may wonder why I've got a big steaming tent in the garden, which I sit in for an hour...)

The plan's developing.