Sad Lost Soul

Thomas_Merton

Are all who post to Thaivisa betwwen 15:00-18:00 GMT (or maybe BST) today, sad lost souls?

Great observation - and I think your hunch is right.

I'm a troll in a Forum for my little ex-home village in UK - not saying anything worthwhile, and i'm conscious that its an incredibly weird, pointless and eccentric thing for me to do, i'd be better off going to the gym for a work out.

Remember, Thomas, that more people than you might think work night shift and post when they get home from work.

They don't post in the hours you might consider normal because they are asleep or at work.

Nor does this make them 'sad, lost souls', although being so often regarded as 'non-persons' by the rest of the community could make them feel that way.

With Thomas Merton as your hero, maybe YOU are the lost soul?

He was an American.

Thomas Merton, known in the monastery as Fr. Louis, was born on 31 January 1915 in Prades, southern France.

Merton died by accidental electrocution in Bangkok, Thailand.

Not related to the topic but well, anyway, what is the topic? :o

Nor does this make them 'sad, lost souls', although being so often regarded as 'non-persons' by the rest of the community could make them feel that way.

Thomas isn't being unkind - he's being self-deprecating - (as he lives in Spitzbergen).

The condition has a new name - its called 'The Scampy Syndrome'...the inexplicable compulsive-obsession to access and participate rabidly in Thai Forums when one is thousands of miles away.

No he lives in a hut in Spitzbergen - he's an ice fisherman living off herring and walrus blubber.

...hence why he questions the wryness of why he spends his leisure time posting on a Forum about Thailand, instead of building igloos.

He's not referring to people on night shifts in Bangkok.

...."The Scampy Syndrome"

May I ask that the Mods show some reaction, either by doing what I consider is the correct thing, closing these threads, or at least posting their reasons for allowing this nonsense to continue.

Seems more appropriate in this thread.... :o

totster :D

May I ask that the Mods show some reaction, either by doing what I consider is the correct thing, closing these threads, or at least posting their reasons for allowing this nonsense to continue.

I dunno, this is as relevant to Thailand as his other showstoppers...

eg.

Songs with 'Rain' in the title.

Life of Brian quotes.

Let him be - nante riah.

I dunno, this is as relevant to Thailand as his other showstoppers...

eg.

Songs with 'Rain' in the title.

Life of Brian quotes.

Let him be - nante riah.

Or as relevant to Thailand as any thread about football, of which there are many, started by many.

I say let him be also.

What is Thomas thinking?

Since he was the one starting this thread as well as posting the remark (in another thread) Totster just posted here . :o

Edited by The Phoenix