Thai Lady Wants To Make Holiday Visa For Her Friend To Uk

my thai wife wants to guarantee her friend to come over to uk on a 6 mth holiday visa, (bear in mind me and my wife are seperated and i am not working) but we are not divorced yet and my wife has a 5 year residence stamp plus she is working plus she has her own house here in uk. how can she go about this , does she have a good chance of getting her friend over to uk for 6 mths

I assume that your wife is intending to act as sponsor for the visit. This is OK but she will need to provide a letter of invitation to her friend - and a sponsor's letter to the UK Embassy - and will need to demonstrate that suitable accommodation is available. If she is intending to cover her friend's expenses she will have to demonstrate that she has the funds to do this.

However, this is only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. It is not your wife that has to apply for the visa, it is her friend. All of the usual provisos will apply, the most important of which is to convince the ECO at the UK Embassy that she will leave the UK at the end of the visit.

I don't rate her chances very highly but you and your wife will obviously know far more about the individual circumstances than I do. I strongly suggest that you read around in this section of TV as there have been many, many posts about this and related subjects and there is a wealth of information and advice to be had.

Good luck,

DM

even if my wifes working , has funds, has 3 bedroom house in uk , has 5 yr residence card ? bit harsh isnt it ,

Not really, it's the applicant who has to convince the ECO it's a genuine visit and will return to Thailand at the end of the trip, not your wife.

I would imagine that the ECO might suspect that a six month trip might be indicitive that the applicant intends to remain in the UK with her friend.