Large Coke, No Ice Please.

tangcoral

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

)

Still annoyed with comment, after our purchases we headed straight to customer service desk to complain to the manager the words that were exchanged by his employee.

The manager decided to go to the back of the store to have a few words with the lady and ultimately brought her to customer service desk to confront us.

Not surprisingly, as it has happened to us twice before the lady had massive amount of tears down her cheeks.

I'm sure there are some of you that might think that we took an incident to an unnecessary level,

Oh,you must be really loved in Macro and no for sure you didn't take it to an unneccessary level,everyone sort out the big potato's and leaves the crap for the next customer.

I guess now I know why the guy didn't top of the coke for you.He knew you :)

Maybe your noticing a disturbing trend about me, but I was a Makro the other day buying supplies to stock my family's restaurant business.

We needed about 50kg of potato which is usually never stocked to that level in the produce section. However there are boxes of potatoes packaged into 10kg boxes stacked up 6 high in 8 sets off to the side.

We usually like to hand pick our potatoes as we are looking for a specific size. etc etc etc

Your wife sounds like pretty arrogant 'towards the lower class' and clearly wearing the pants.

If in the Macro they sell potatoes per 10kg box with a bandage around it it's not normal indeed to open this and choose the ones you like...

How totally arrogant and selfish ! pukey.gif

(and giving them a lot of extra work)

Dumb rule but not worth losing face over. I would have asked how much to fill it to the top and paid that amount or done nothing at all.

They are allowed to institute any policy they want with regard to selling their beverages. If they wanted to fill every cup 20% full if it had ice or not, they could do that. People could then decide whether or not to purchase their beverages.

Only sheep accept crappy service and scammy policies, and I'm not interested nor disturbed by the 'loosing face hoax'

Only a buffalo loses his cool over a few ounces of carbonated water with corn syrup. If you want to run around Thailand fighting scammy policies and crappy service on principle you are going to either get eaten alive, gouge your own eyeballs out or both. Just sigh and take it in stride and move on with your life.

Still annoyed with comment, after our purchases we headed straight to customer service desk to complain to the manager the words that were exchanged by his employee.

The manager decided to go to the back of the store to have a few words with the lady and ultimately brought her to customer service desk to confront us.

What a nitwit. A real manager would have thrown you out on the street and told you to never, ever come back. cool.gif

Maybe your noticing a disturbing trend about me, but I was a Makro the other day buying supplies to stock my family's restaurant business.

We needed about 50kg of potato which is usually never stocked to that level in the produce section. However there are boxes of potatoes packaged into 10kg boxes stacked up 6 high in 8 sets off to the side.

We usually like to hand pick our potatoes as we are looking for a specific size. etc etc etc

Your wife sounds like pretty arrogant 'towards the lower class' and clearly wearing the pants.

If in the Macro they sell potatoes per 10kg box with a bandage around it it's not normal indeed to open this and choose the ones you like...

How totally arrogant and selfish ! pukey.gif

(and giving them a lot of extra work)

No extra work, if anything the boxes are actually stacked nicer, the bands are cut and thrown away and actually its stacked and organized for them to lift and pour into the potato section easier. Now if she had witnessed beforehand that we made such a mess before she may have a case.

Too bad thats not the case here!

What a nitwit. A real manager would have thrown you out on the street and told you to never, ever come back. cool.gif

Well that would have caused a scene, and we dont want customers to loose face either now do we?

And maybe they valued a customer that spends over 50K a month.

Edited by tangcoral

Well said UG.

Geeze tangcoral, you must feel like the real big man in makro :)

Anyway, you really showed her, theres nothing like turning the other cheek, is there? :D

Well said UG.

Geeze tangcoral, you must feel like the real big man in makro :)

Anyway, you really showed her, theres nothing like turning the other cheek, is there? :D

Maybe I failed to look for the little "suggestion box"

Well, it seems customer service is of no importance to some of you.

Yeah its the little things that could be ignored.

But some companies strive to have these little things cleaned up.

And for those companies that could careless, well I'll leave that for the nitwits to be treated second class.

Edited by tangcoral

tangcoral, you and your wife should look for some professional help with your coke/ice problem, stop the power trip, now it's

just harmless small potatoes but it will end with picking out the raisins from wrapped Farmhouse bread... you would not go

that low, wouldn't you?

We usually like to hand pick our potatoes as we are looking for a specific size.

Thai wife asked for a pair of scissors to cut the band around the boxes so we can sift through our pickings.

The lady at the produce said there is no need to open any boxes as there are more than enough at the produce section.

We explained we needed 50kg of it and not enough to hand pick the specific size we needed.

This is when it got a bit ugly.

She said just to take the box as a whole as they are not rotten and should all be uniform in sizes.

Wife said, we would like to pick and choose which is what we have been doing the past couple of times and none of the employees had said or had any problem with that.

Makro lady said, "since you got to do that last time you want to do it again this time" all the while she had a disgusted looked and tone.

Obviously she was annoyed that we might make a mess which would mean we created extra work for her by having to re-box or reorganize the mess,

That is when my wife said, yes we will do it this time, tomorrow and whenever we come back here. (normal tone of voice)

Nothing further was said and the lady handed the scissor as she knew there was no convincing us to not to sift through the boxes.

Not surprisingly, as it has happened to us twice before the lady had massive amount of tears down her cheeks.

I'm sure there are some of you that might think that we took an incident to an unnecessary level,

but I cannot let these type of inapproriate behaviour and treatment go on.

No, I'm not an excessive complainer but when there something is to be said as a buying customer it should be said at a cost of losing ones face.

You did bring this to an inappropriate level. You did cause the workers inconvenience. You and your wife were being petty and abusive. You somehow think this is about customer service? You were customers I'm sure Makro could do without. I wouldn't want you in my store if you pulled crap like this. Perhaps you should have just taken the box. Good god man, picking through boxes of potatoes? You sound like a poverty stricken grandmother clipping coupons.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

tangcoral, you and your wife should look for some professional help with your coke/ice problem, stop the power trip, now it's

just harmless small potatoes but it will end with picking out the raisins from wrapped Farmhouse bread... you would not go

that low, wouldn't you?

You make it sound ilke they are some defenceless little people that I am out to take my frustration on.

Just cause the culture dictates that people are divided into two class doesnt mean I must refrain.

If my mrs was spending 50k a month in Makro, she wouldnt be going to Makro, they would be coming to her.

Wheres your business located, maybe some of the posters could stop by some time, maybe put you and your mrs on the receiving end, see how you like them potatoes.

We usually like to hand pick our potatoes as we are looking for a specific size.

Thai wife asked for a pair of scissors to cut the band around the boxes so we can sift through our pickings.

The lady at the produce said there is no need to open any boxes as there are more than enough at the produce section.

We explained we needed 50kg of it and not enough to hand pick the specific size we needed.

This is when it got a bit ugly.

She said just to take the box as a whole as they are not rotten and should all be uniform in sizes.

Wife said, we would like to pick and choose which is what we have been doing the past couple of times and none of the employees had said or had any problem with that.

Makro lady said, "since you got to do that last time you want to do it again this time" all the while she had a disgusted looked and tone.

Obviously she was annoyed that we might make a mess which would mean we created extra work for her by having to re-box or reorganize the mess,

That is when my wife said, yes we will do it this time, tomorrow and whenever we come back here. (normal tone of voice)

Nothing further was said and the lady handed the scissor as she knew there was no convincing us to not to sift through the boxes.

No, I'm not an excessive complainer but when there something is to be said as a buying customer it should be said at a cost of losing ones face.

You did bring this to an inappropriate level. You did cause the workers inconvenience. You and your wife were being petty and abusive. You somehow think this is about customer service? You were customers I'm sure Makro could do without. I wouldn't want you in my store if you pulled crap like this. Perhaps you should have just taken the box. Good god man, picking through boxes of potatoes? You sound like a poverty stricken grandmother clipping coupons.

Well its obvious my story telling doesnt paint a complete picture of what kind of mess I made if any.

But I did clearly state that in fact I had made it better. Clearly she had jumped to conclusion that I would have made a mess and I am sure from her experience that past customers have done so. So yeah I dont blame her telling me to pick from the shelf.

AND I clearly stated I NEEDED 50kg which was not available on display.

So your telling me you would have your customers take all 40KG on display weather they are rotten or deformed and then pick up a box of 10kg?

Yeah, you will have alot of regulars coming to your store.

If my mrs was spending 50k a month in Makro, she wouldnt be going to Makro, they would be coming to her.

Wheres your business located, maybe some of the posters could stop by some time, maybe put you and your mrs on the receiving end, see how you like them potatoes.

Buying 50kg potatoes once a week, would mean 10,000 baht a month. Then you add napkins, utensils, oil, sauce, etc...it adds up. Nothing out of the ordinary if you ran a business.

Edited by tangcoral

that low, wouldn't you?

...defenceless little people...

That's the part you got right :)

you are right IF you think you deserve more (coke) than others, and when you don't get your own way it's your right to get angry.. PRESTO.. then when you get your way it's okay to smile to rub it in

you are wrong IF you think you deserve the same (amount of coke) as everyone else, and you would be offended if someone prooved you wrong and then smugly smiled to rub it in, and it bothered you

signed: was the better half impressed?

Ah, you are "Margaret" reincarnated.

When I was a teenager I worked in the local grocery store back in the States. A couple of times a week Margaret would come in for food items for her small restaurant. It didn't matter how well you packed her groceries, she'd bitch about it. Then she'd moan and groan about the way you carried the stuff out to the car. Then she'd warn you not to press up against her car whle you were loading the groceries. Etc.

So, after working at that market for 5 years...and hearing Margaret bitch and moan for all 5 years...all the way from the last year of high school through 4 years of college, it was my last day of work there before going on to a teaching job. I waited for Margaret that day and when I saw here I made sure it was my job to pack her groceries. I took great care to stuff her food items roughly in the bags. Her complaining all the time. Put the bags in a grocery cart, wheeled the cart out into the parking lot and accidentally ran the cart right into her car. No real damage, but she screamed! :) "I'll have you fired for this!" "Go right ahead. This is my last day working here forever. In fact I check out in about 17 minutes for the very last time. Go for it!"

End of the story. Well...not. Several years later I came back home for a visit and decided to go to Margaret's restaurant. She didn't remember me at all...after all, I had just been a kid working at the local grocery store a few years before. At the end of the meal I went over to Margaret. "Are you the owner?" And I began a long litany of complaints about the quality of the food, the way it was cooked, the way it was served, and how long I had to wait for the check. She didn't cry, but the old lip was quivering. "Now, Margaret, the next time you go down to Breens Market to shop, remember how it feels to be bitched at and treat the stock boys with a little courtesy."

It's called karma.

Would you really cut open bags of things and take out what you wanted back home and expect the manager to think it's alright ? No you would not. You only do it here because you think you can get away with obviously low class behavior. At first I thought you were just a cheapskate, now it's obvious your just another selfish wacko who goes around making a fool of himslef. It it was on a television show people would be laughing AT you not with you.

I should clarify when I said it happened twice, I didnt mean at makro both times. I meant the whole crying and apologizing scene has happened twice in other establishments.

Makes you feel powerful, doesn't it.

Ever think of getting to the root of your feelings of inadequacy?

Edited by t.s

Since it has been revealed by the OP that he's got a family restaurant, does he enforce strict portion control for all them people who want a little more? As he says, "it all adds up. Nothing out of the ordinary when you ran a business."

Edited by metisdead

Since it has been revealed by the OP that he's got a family restaurant, does he enforce strict portion control for all them people who want a little more? As he says, "it all adds up. Nothing out of the ordinary when you ran a business."

I wouldnt mind dining at his restuarant and of course, if things werent up to scratch I could berrate him in front of his staff and see how much he likes what that poor patotoe lady went through. EVIL MAN :)

Edited by neverdie

Well I left a key part of the story out. When I went to have the bags of potato weighed the lady punched in 32 baht per kg which is correct when you buy less then 10kg.

Makro has a dual pricing for bulk buyers. 32 baht = <10kg and 29 baht = >10kg. Good thing I caught the mistake at the parking lot while I was unloading.

I thought to myself, did this lady do this on purpose for some revenge? No it can't be this would be too outrageous.

I went back in for a price adjustment. Manager called the produce section to see what the pricing was and low and behold he said it was 32. I went back to the produce section

to see the chalked up pricing with a smear mark and changed to the higher pricing. Didnt care to take a picture of the pricing before but sensed it was changed while we were away for those 15 min.

Wished I took a picture for evidence but ended up paying the higher price.

Its funny to see every single pricing in chalk to have a clean slate except the potato chalk sign board. Yeah I may have been seeing things but I swear I saw 32 or 29 per kg.

the difference is 3 baht, yeah it only equates to 150 baht and not worth hour of my time which it took.

Edited by tangcoral

I should clarify when I said it happened twice, I didnt mean at makro both times. I meant the whole crying and apologizing scene has happened twice in other establishments.

Makes you feel powerful, doesn't it.

Ever think of getting to the root of your feelings of inadequacy?

If you want I can tell you the other incident but it took place in Vietnam, which I didnt think would be appropriate here.

And no its not a power trip but more the principle of things

Edited by tangcoral

you are right IF you think you deserve more (coke) than others, and when you don't get your own way it's your right to get angry.. PRESTO.. then when you get your way it's okay to smile to rub it in

you are wrong IF you think you deserve the same (amount of coke) as everyone else, and you would be offended if someone prooved you wrong and then smugly smiled to rub it in, and it bothered you

signed: was the better half impressed?

Funny, I was also thinking thoughts of how sad it must be for his spouse to have endure irrascible behaviour over 2 cents worth of coke, if wanted more, he could have bought 2 glasses!

I think his OQ has been answered. YES!