Large Coke, No Ice Please.

tangcoral

<snip>

Not sure if it depends on the variety or the genetic makeup of china potatoes but they last 5 times longer.

Maybe a farmer can chime in.

But i'm sure the imported produce here dont exactly have a strict agency like the FDA in the US and (acronym?) of EU.

I'm sure a few baht under the table would let just about anything pass through here. A scary thought.

Sorry no pictures, dont want to cause any problems if any. thanks

I had some roast potatoes last night - originally bought from Big C and picked for correct size, no bruises, no holes, no cuts and a good shape for peeling.

I just checked the date - 22nd February. :D

I also noticed I have some others in another bag in the fridge, dated 17th January! :) Boy, they sure last a long time (although the January ones have started to "sprout" :D ).

I'm happy to post pictures if you want. :D

Hmm I'm curious, would pictures be too much trouble. Maybe I can identify if they are chinese or thai. Or maybe thai-chinese :D , oh sorry wrong thread.

Edited by tangcoral

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine is set to fill it at that percent. Next if he did it again it would over flow. They say if u don’t want ice in your drink you are gay. Witch I think you are for posting this and waisting my time.
Post of the day, :)

Concur, and yes heart beats wasted reading more travails of cheap charlies.

Hi.

@OP

The amount of beverage in the cup is regulated by the machine. You will notice that a cup can hold more than 0.5 or 0.7 liters of beverage if you put no ice into it, however 0.5 and 0.7 is what the machine is programmed to give - i.e. they fill the cup with ice and it has enough room to hold 0.5 respective 0.7 liters of beverage together with the ice.

You may notice (of course it requires to actually look at such things) that they place the cup under the machine and tap a button - beverage starts to flow and it stops by itself once the cup is full. That's the "magic" behind it - and it's also the reason why your cup was just over half full. The machine gave the precise amount of Coke you paid for, just due to the lack of ice it looked less.

Think of it this way - you pay for "x" amount of Coke and the ice is free, complimentary. So if you don't take the (free) ice it will NOT give you the right to demand more Coke instead. If they give you more then only because they are being nice to you (or because you throw a tantrum, like you did).

Best regards.....

Thanh

PS next time just get a can of Coke at 7-Eleven and put it in your pocket - they won't bother strip-searching you despite bringing own food into the theater being forbidden. I did that myself when watching long movies - one Coke isn't enough for a long movie and getting up to get another in the middle of the movie is no option. As the ice lasts longer than the beverage i can top it up from the can without problem.

Edited by Thanh-BKK

I know its probably a bit late now, dont know why i didnt think of this before, but i do have something constructive that i am sure someone like the OP will appreciate,

Its has to do with my addiction to those self serve frozen coke slushie drinks at the 7/11s. :)

Nice hint, (if you dont already know)..you can fill the cup up to the top, bash it down on the surface near the machine a few times to make it settle,

At that stage be sure to take a few sips before sitting it down whilest fawning looking at other goods, THEN come back to fill it to the top again a minute later and you will most certainly get the value of a large AND small cup all for the same price. :D

Ive been using this method for yonks and have always got big smiles,cheers ect from the staff

Sometimes the attendants will even comment on how you did well to get so much in the cup :D

Edited by ozzieovaseas

How on earth can a topic about a short measure of coke have near 250 replies. One thing l have learnt from it is why garbage TV soap operas go on for years, sort of a cattle thing.

Something serious, next to nothing in replies, except football, no, l won't go there. :)

You're forgetting that this thread had that most critical ingredient - a sub-plot about the King of Vegetables.

Any thread will thrive with potatoes.

SC

Thanks for bumping this back to the top

You were in your right to ask for a refund or fill the cup to the top. If the company wants to sell drinks that are less than full maybe they need to list drinks 12oz drink sold in 32oz cups. Whoever heard of selling drink in less than full cup unless they are being considerate and not filling it to the brim so you do not spill the drink.

You were in your right to ask for a refund or fill the cup to the top. If the company wants to sell drinks that are less than full maybe they need to list drinks 12oz drink sold in 32oz cups. Whoever heard of selling drink in less than full cup unless they are being considerate and not filling it to the brim so you do not spill the drink.

Come to think of it, do they ever put those plastic lids on the cups? They always do in the US but I dont think its a common practice here.

Could 'nt be buggered to read the entire thread.

To the OP, Your doctor being worried about your digesting ice, did he ever mention anything remotely connecting to consuming excessive amounts of primary sugars, which might lead to several painful conditions?

I can understand the need to not use too icy drinks in super chilled theatres, but out on the town, you need to ice your liquids up a bit for taste and comfort.

Yesterday, lady at KFC asked, 7UP or coke, I said 7UP, and she turned around splashed coke into cup. Being that she is already bad at what she does, i could nt be bothered to mind the color of my drink , as the sugar content seems about the same.

Today I went into the McDonalds on the 6th floor of Central World. When they punched in my order, up on the screen came the drink AND THE NUMBER OF OUNCES in the drink. And for the first time ever (there), they asked, "Do you want ice?"

Today I went into the McDonalds on the 6th floor of Central World. When they punched in my order, up on the screen came the drink AND THE NUMBER OF OUNCES in the drink. And for the first time ever (there), they asked, "Do you want ice?"

ah don't you just hate those global franchise agreements that include global service standards.

Come to think of it, do they ever put those plastic lids on the cups? They always do in the US but I dont think its a common practice here.

Some how I suspect you don't get out much do you?

:)

TH

Well, past few times my cokes were in plastic bags so I forgot.

But yeah, I know KFC, McD etc all do I'm talking about non chain establishments.

ah don't you just hate those global franchise agreements that include global service standards.

I'll tell you what steamed me at McDonalds a few years ago in the States. They had these timer displays that would show you how fast you were served...which was usually in seconds. What they didn't take into account was how long you stood in line when there were order stations not being manned.

^^ Everything of equally poor quality. Make sure no one ever tastes anything better ....! :)

The quality is better than 98% of the foreign restauarants in Thailand and usually at a better price. We are not iin Paris and beggers can't be choosers. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

TH

But yeah, I know KFC, McD etc all do I'm talking about non chain establishments.

Kinda hard to put a plastic lid on a plastic bag, don't you think? The discussion (yours I believe) was about a chain movie theater, now you seem to have changed it to buying from a roadside vendor that doesn't put a plastic lid on the bag.

Reaching a bit it would seem.

:D

TH

TH

Kinda hard to put a plastic lid on a plastic bag, don't you think? The discussion (yours I believe) was about a chain movie theater, now you seem to have changed it to buying from a roadside vendor that doesn't put a plastic lid on the bag.

Reaching a bit it would seem.

:D

TH

TH, maybe he is correct, I seem to recall a great many people drinking soft drinks and ice coffee right out of a bag. Perhaps it is an underground movement to 'go green' by avoiding the use of plastic cups. :D

Edited by bkkjames