Ultimate Diesel Performance

MPI

Gents,

i have just made the newest ecu(piggyback) kit,

it incorporates Boostcut, Commonrail pressure and Injector duration of the spray-ALL IN 1 BOX!

it has a analyze tuning function, which will allow us to tune all 3 parameters integrated to work co-inside

with each other, which means it offers Pure monster performance.

Boost never drops while shifting, giving it extreme acceleration, power/torque ontap. shifting the gears will result

in the truck/suv hauling forward as if it has a shot of NOS smile.gif the box also reads the voltage signal of pump and other parameters of

the original ecu, so we will know in real time, when the pressure drops and by how much, and tune accordingly to deliver the best

performance possible for your setup.

It out performs all box's in the market.

as many of you may know, my triton is has a 3.2 motor with a massive Holset hx40(larger than the turbo’s that come off the Cummins 6-7.5L diesel in the states) and all i can say boost 3bar is with ease!

imagine 35psi at approx 2800rpms! with such a massive turbo. and 1700rpms left to play with making BIG BOOST(up to 45psi)!

Its not a ball bearing turbo either, and turbine wheel spec is slightly over 60mm.

Its a thrill to drive with massive torque on tap. and high 300hp power band.-approx 360hp. with a 3.2 4cyl diesel with std internals components.

FOR any questions,

and those who are considering the purchase,

the first 5 people will get 10% discount! if they refer back to this post for reference.

mail me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great! Can you answer a few questions on it?

1. What sort of gains are possible without engine mods?

2. Does the piggyback require any cutting of, or tapping into (e.g. vampire tap) of existing vehicle wiring? - i.e. the sort of things that cannot be un-done without leaving tell-tale traces (even if only a couple of pin holes in the vehicle wiring) behind.

3. What makes and models are supported?

4. What does it cost?

5. Does it require professional fitting, or can it be DIY? if the latter, what sort of instructional material is supplied?

6. Do you have any before and after dyno charts of performance changes, using engines without mechanical modifications?

7. Can you guarantee no flat spots, check engine scenarios etc?

Thanks! :)

on std engines,

you can produce over 60HP and over 150nm of torque easily! with no modifications. just the std engine, std setup.

installation is NOT plug and play, you will need to cut half a dozen ecu wires, fit resistors to the ecu side wires, then fit the correlating wires to the

piggyback 3in1 harness. we usually do the fitting ourselves, but i am in the process of making a full engine wire diagram-instruction for fitting. this unit is the closests thing to a standalone system we have for the commonrail diesel trucks 4cyl.

Models supported Commonrail:

Toyota (vigo/fortuner) 1kd-2kd engines -3l and 2.5l

Mitsubishi (triton, pajero) 4m41 and 4d56 -3.2 and 2.5l

Isuzu (Dmax, Mu7) 2.5l and 3L

Chevy (colorado, optra) 2.5 and 3l

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

Nissan (navara) 2.5 low and high spec.

The cost-pm me for details.

dyno charts for std engines, i will be doing them soon, ill post them up as soon as i get them.

i can guaraentee no engine checklights, as we have the analyze function and we remap according to set parameters, unless the customer comes to us,

we will sit and do the tuning, while the owner drives, to get it to suit his driving style, and to read the parameters to make sure no engine checklight come on. as for flat spots, no flat spot surely, esspecially with std turbo as their is nearly 0 turbo lag!

the hp curve will obviously be at the higher rpm, and the torque curve very low down.

(yes i posted this post on one other forum for the overseas market)

installation is NOT plug and play, you will need to cut half a dozen ecu wires, fit resistors to the ecu side wires, then fit the correlating wires to the

piggyback 3in1 harness.

Unfortunately that's a major consideration for me, and I suspect others too. The problem is that both of my turbo-diesels are < 1 year old so are still under the new car warranty - in fact I never keep a vehicle beyond it's 3rd birthday. The problem is, even a pin-hole from a vampire tap is enough for Thai dealers to scream foul and invalidate your drivetrain warranty..

If you're able to develop the product to the point where it could be plug-and-play (and similarly unplugabble when it comes to servicing time) please let me know via this thread or PM.

piggyback 3in1 harness.

Unfortunately that's a major consideration for me, and I suspect others too. The problem is that both of my turbo-diesels are < 1 year old so are still under the new car warranty - in fact I never keep a vehicle beyond it's 3rd birthday. The problem is, even a pin-hole from a vampire tap is enough for Thai dealers to scream foul and invalidate your drivetrain warranty..

If you're able to develop the product to the point where it could be plug-and-play (and similarly unplugabble when it comes to servicing time) please let me know via this thread or PM.

me too. plug and play is essential, and is doable. its even doable outside the box, by making new cable/connector from ECU to box, with new cable containing needed cuts and resistors

For most people with a truck that is still under warranty this will be a non starter. That's why I am looking at bringing in plug and play units from the UK. Easily fitted, therefore easily removed with no trace should you have warranty issues. Very well known brand (probably the best) and can supply unit for most of the trucks here in Thailand. Comes with 4 pre-calibrated maps, but also you can 'play' with the settings if you desire. Prices that i've been quoted here from tuners/suppliers are almost double what you would pay in the UK. For pricing etc send me a private mail.

Regards,

Stewart

For most people with a truck that is still under warranty this will be a non starter. That's why I am looking at bringing in plug and play units from the UK. Easily fitted, therefore easily removed with no trace should you have warranty issues. Very well known brand (probably the best) and can supply unit for most of the trucks here in Thailand. Comes with 4 pre-calibrated maps, but also you can 'play' with the settings if you desire. Prices that i've been quoted here from tuners/suppliers are almost double what you would pay in the UK. For pricing etc send me a private mail.

Regards,

Stewart

I am about to sell my Fortuner and buy a different Car, I have the Racechip Pro version Chip which was only used for about 3 weeks while i was home (Very easy to fit and disconnect) The performance increase is impressive as you have read here already, Took it off the car before i went back to work as my Mrs did not like the extra power !!

This fits without ANY alteration to anything !! Take it off just as easy, no wires to cut nothing !! 100% removeable and nothing changed.

This chip is as new with all packaging instructions etc and will fit all fortuner 3 D Models.

11,000 Baht only ready and waiting here in Pattaya, PM Me for details

Check out their website at racechip DOT de for all the tech info

The DIfference between plug and play and wire cutting moudles.

most if not all plug and play, only increase commonrail pressure-just like lightbox, cr-plus, racechip, typhoon etc etc.

the problem occures where if to high commonrail pressure, the engine will go on limp mode with an engine checklight.

the reason why:

The ecu has set parameters of how high the commonrail pressure can be, as soon as it exceeds the parameters of the ecu,

it will cut, AS the ecu thinks "why is their such high pressure....Their must be a leak in the pump or feed lines, thus the system is trying

to componsate for the leak by adding higher pressure-their for as a safty margin, the ecu will cut the feed to the engine causing a engine checklight".

Benefit: (easy to fit- fitting directly into the commonrail pressure fuel rail, with just two small caps(commonrail pressure box's). one to fit in the commonrail fuel rail where the original cap is removed, and the other cap is to fit directly to the original cap which is removed, to directly bypass the signal).

Installing only a commonrail pressure box, will give decent amount of torque increase-depending on the set tune it can increase torque to about 80-120nm of torque and no more than 25-30hp gain. ---its the most simple and basic units out their to gain quick power/torque.

alot of people who install these products get bored in 2weeks, and ask for a higher tune, which will cause alot of black smoke (unburnt diesel) and prone to engine checklight. PLUS if commonrail pressure is tuned to high, the timing of the injection is altered-giving a crude engine sound and to much timing for top rpms.

is you are running std engine, the std auto transmission will hold up without an issue.

ofcourse we provide 2 stage auto tranmission modifications, if i was you i would concider

stage 1 for max reliability.

stage 1: fitting aftermarket tranmission oil cooler with john deere hyguard fluid.

if ur running lpg, it will still work without a problem, though more consise tuning is nessary.

I wonder how all this extra temperature & pressure affect the life of the engine?

depends on the driver. if all the extra power is being used, lifetime is reduced. mostly highway cruising is limited of speedlimits, and chipped engine can actually run cleaner using less fuel at say 140kmh.

the main cause of diesel engine damage, is not HIGH boost, as diesels dont datonate like patrol engines,

they can withstand extream about of boost, and can run rich or lean without much issues.

That being said, when you run to rich, it will quickly increase EGT (exhaust gass temp) which is what diesel engines

are damage prone to. when the internal engine heat goes above 700*c it will start to melt the pistons and make it easy to crack.

also with high heat, the injector rubber 0-ring seals tend to burst giving slight oil leak.

by understanding the parameters and safe limit of the engines, we tune accordingly on the safe side, esspecially for those using the truck/suv

as a daily driver.

Engine life, as menationed on and on again, we have customers reaching the 180,000km-200,000km mark with their modified engine,

with no problems-that ofcourse depends on the driver who understands the safe limit and when to back off.

when your dealing with std engines/std turbochargers you wont need to think to much, as the parameter tune is concidered (low spec),

not needing nearly enough fuel and pressure as those with aftermarket turbos. and even those with aftermarket turbos,

aslong as the tune is done by someone who understand the limit, then you wont be prone to problems.

alot of our thai customers, come to us after doing their setup else where, most of which has caused problems,

because lack of understanding from the fabricator and tuner. such as using a tiny turbo with hefty fuel upgrades,

resulting in alottttttt of black smoke, super high egt's, and poor hp spec, making it nearly undrivable on the street without dirty looks from other cars.

the essence of modifications is to perfect a setup according to the limit of the engine, selection of quality parts to equally match and support the desired specs. tuning is a big critera on how the setup will also work. so alot of acclaimed tuners here, just seems to up the fuel level without much concideration,

and thats defentially not the right way to go about tuning the truck/suv.

all in all, that is where my shop and myself come into play, when somebody actually wants a proper job done,

with understanding parameters of the setup to produce the most suitable tuning. taking into concideration the turbo spec,

injector spec, commonrail pressure spec, wastegate spec, desired boost level depending on cfm maps and monitoring egt's and so forth.

• 5 months later...

http://www.4wdchip.com.au

Read an article in Australian 4WD, testing these systems(Pqwer Chip Comparo Disel and Petrol). Tried to get info off site but can't.

Some of the models they tested were, Tunit, Roo systems(site address above), steinbauer, Rapid, Xede disel and petrol. Steinbauer was the pick from the article; it was a diy model.

Looking at the Roo system the claim is 35% more power and improve fuel economy by 15%. But this seems to be with the fitting of a new exahust that works with the new electrical gear.

Just seeing what is out there and thought that these models may be of interest as comparison. Don't know the availability of models off the shelf in Thailand?

• 10 months later...

Thailand leads the way in performance chips for 4 pot diesels. Forget importing and buy local.

Buy local and lose your new car three year warranty, yeah OK then, Nissan Teana a 6 pot.:lol:

I am not really interested in warrenty, more interested in power, engines are cheap, Why would you lose yor warrenty on a Thai plug and play and not a imported one ?, sure I understand running a fully piggy back would void it. I thought this thread was about ultimate performance and ECU kits not race chips.

And whats a Teana got to do with it ?

Edited by Shocktreatment

Thailand leads the way in performance chips for 4 pot diesels. Forget importing and buy local.

Buy local and lose your new car three year warranty, yeah OK then, Nissan Teana a 6 pot.:lol:

I am not really interested in warrenty, more interested in power, engines are cheap, Why would you lose yor warrenty on a Thai plug and play and not a imported one ?, sure I understand running a fully piggy back would void it. I thought this thread was about ultimate performance and ECU kits not race chips.

And whats a Teana got to do with it ?

Yeah !! maybe I did not make it clear that I was referring to the thread topic and not just your post, Thai play and play, if you can take it out without them knowing maybe it would be OK but can't the service engineers find and read ECU interference.

!! Most people are interested in there warranty and it is important to them as in car history for resale.

Referring to the full piggy back set up that is not easily removed when the car is under warranty and yes the manufacturer would void it.

I only mentioned Teana because you talk of tuning 4 pots when there are 6 pots and 5 pots about.

Edited by Kwasaki

The piggy back isnt for the normal driver that wants a bit more and not for poeple that care about warrenty, A fully tuned all in one piggy back turns a 2.5 ltr truck into a tire smoking beast as good as a small v8. I put a full piggy back on a new pick up,

So your saying imported plug and play chips which is really just a fuel pressure controller cant be detected but a Thai made one can ?

I didnt even realize Teana even had diesel 6 cylinder ? whats the specs on one of them ?

The piggy back isnt for the normal driver that wants a bit more and not for poeple that care about warrenty, A fully tuned all in one piggy back turns a 2.5 ltr truck into a tire smoking beast as good as a small v8. I put a full piggy back on a new pick up,

So your saying imported plug and play chips which is really just a fuel pressure controller cant be detected but a Thai made one can ?

I didnt even realize Teana even had diesel 6 cylinder ? whats the specs on one of them ?

yep, a fuel pressure chips like racechips removed, can not be traced

most others can. easily.

been chipsing TD since 1998, always wanting to maintain driveline warranty on new vehicles. Engine and auto easily runs 6-800k baht

most others can. easily.

been chipsing TD since 1998, always wanting to maintain driveline warranty on new vehicles. Engine and auto easily runs 6-800k baht

So a Thai fuel pressure controler chip cant be traced as well.

800k for engine and trans for a diesel 4x4 or 2x4 you got to be kidding 2.5 ltr 70K 3.0 100K that leaves 600 to 700K for a auto box, My race box is fully imported upgraded custom gears ,heavy duty gearbox and it wasnt a 1/4 of that.

most others can. easily.

800k for engine and trans for a diesel 4x4 or 2x4 you got to be kidding 2.5 ltr 70K 3.0 100K that leaves 600 to 700K for a auto box, My race box is fully imported upgraded custom gears ,heavy duty gearbox and it wasnt a 1/4 of that.

a ZF 5 speed tiptronic is +300k baht, a dsg or 7 speed tip is more

a bmw 2,0d is +600k baht

ad 16-25% vat in most european countries

a fuel pressure increaser easily removed without any cable cutting or pinholes, can not be traced unless ecu has been triggered to issue warning

most injection timing/duration changes can be traced

all due respect to the Thai tuning of rather dated 4 pot commonrails, they have done a fantastic job on releasing the power. But voiding warranty is out of the question for most buyers of +1 million baht pu/suv.

pinholes void warranty

it does not take much to rewire boxes to avoid pinholes in existing wiring.

euroepean tuners managed a decade ago

most others can. easily.

a ZF 5 speed tiptronic is +300k baht, a dsg or 7 speed tip is more

a bmw 2,0d is +600k baht

ad 16-25% vat in most european countries

a fuel pressure increaser easily removed without any cable cutting or pinholes, can not be traced unless ecu has been triggered to issue warning

most injection timing/duration changes can be traced

all due respect to the Thai tuning of rather dated 4 pot commonrails, they have done a fantastic job on releasing the power. But voiding warranty is out of the question for most buyers of +1 million baht pu/suv.

pinholes void warranty

it does not take much to rewire boxes to avoid pinholes in existing wiring.

euroepean tuners managed a decade ago

Thailand has plug and play race chips, buy a Race truck mag and call one of the 20 odd ecu and race chip suppliers

So now we have gone from

piggyback 3in1 harness. we usually do the fitting ourselves, but i am in the process of making a full engine wire diagram-instruction for fitting. this unit is the closests thing to a standalone system we have for the commonrail diesel trucks 4cyl.

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

To 6 cylinder diesel Teanas and a BMW,

Depends what you really want, my mate runs a full piggy back kit on his new TRD auto forskinner with out any problems at all, even if something did got wrong I would highly doubt it would require a new transmission

Ran 3x the HP 2 x the torque on a manual transmission for a hard 16,000 klm with out a problem.

A piggy back isnt for the old man down the road that wants a little more power like a race chip but can be tuned that way.

Have you ever driven a car with a full piggy back and boost system ? add a large turbo and you have some serous power that would leave many performance cars behind.

So you stay at home with your race chip and your warrenty and I will head to the drag strip with out my warrenty :D

Thailand has plug and play race chips, buy a Race truck mag and call one of the 20 odd ecu and race chip suppliers

So now we have gone from

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

Depends what you really want, my mate runs a full piggy back kit on his new TRD auto forskinner with out any problems at all, even if something did got wrong I would highly doubt it would require a new transmission

Ran 3x the HP 2 x the torque on a manual transmission for a hard 16,000 klm with out a problem.

A piggy back isnt for the old man down the road that wants a little more power like a race chip but can be tuned that way.

Have you ever driven a car with a full piggy back and boost system ? add a large turbo and you have some serous power that would leave many performance cars behind.

So you stay at home with your race chip and your warrenty and I will head to the drag strip with out my warrenty :D

drag strips, phuu thats boring. If I want speed, I ride a bike

what I want is performance in a daily comfy driver, doing 50-180kmh in few seconds, and cruising 160kmh for hours at low 3000rpm. Thats how I use my vehicles here in Thailand

the distance from ultimate tune to 12k baht cheap tune has become very small

my 2011 Pajero Sport 2,5 already has 178hp/400Nm from factory. ad 12k baht pressure box and dump pipe, its +230hp and 480Nm. 450Nm at 1400rpm. smooth and fast enough

the Ranger I have ordered for January delivery provides 200hp/470Nm from stock 3,2 fivepot. ad the same 12k baht pressurechips and dump pipe, we see 260hp/600Nm.

both with maintained warranty 3-5 years

used to own a car dealership for 2 decades, used to work as a manufactorer test driver, have 2 seasons rally in my spine, you cant imagine what i have been driving. but to mention a couple of extreme diesels, 5,9 Cummins at 450hp, 7,3 Ford with 50% LPG at 500hp. but the most fun was my 1973 beetle with 160hp and my first rally Golf with 180 hp in 800kg/1500pound car

So now we have gone from

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

drag strips, phuu thats boring. If I want speed, I ride a bike

what I want is performance in a daily comfy driver, doing 50-180kmh in few seconds, and cruising 160kmh for hours at low 3000rpm. Thats how I use my vehicles here in Thailand

the distance from ultimate tune to 12k baht cheap tune has become very small

my 2011 Pajero Sport 2,5 already has 178hp/400Nm from factory. ad 12k baht pressure box and dump pipe, its +230hp and 480Nm. 450Nm at 1400rpm. smooth and fast enough

the Ranger I have ordered for January delivery provides 200hp/470Nm from stock 3,2 fivepot. ad the same 12k baht pressurechips and dump pipe, we see 260hp/600Nm.

both with maintained warranty 3-5 years

used to own a car dealership for 2 decades, used to work as a manufactorer test driver, have 2 seasons rally in my spine, you cant imagine what i have been driving. but to mention a couple of extreme diesels, 5,9 Cummins at 450hp, 7,3 Ford with 50% LPG at 500hp. but the most fun was my 1973 beetle with 160hp and my first rally Golf with 180 hp in 800kg/1500pound car

You seem to be way off topic B) I also like the speed of bikes and have a few, but thread is about piggy back systems for diesel pickups :whistling: and a race chip isnt even close to the performance of a full all in one piggy back system, I guess you havent had much experince with piggy back systems.

To you your diesels may have been extreme but to me they arent for such a heavy truck power to weight and engine size you would need to be in the 1000hp range to be at the same standard as my truck with a piggy back,

I am putting out the same HP in a 3ltr 1400kg truck, Its all depends on what you want for top performance you need a piggy back system.

I also like cruizing at hi speed and now and then hit 220 klm/h when blowing the doors off some thai in his BMW/Merc or sports car.

Please try and stay on topic

Edited by Shocktreatment