Lee Of Nois Bar Dead

Thaifan2

This is a terrible way to start my day. I live just a few kms from Noi's, and shared many hours with Lee there. I am truly saddened by this terrible news.

The pain will be felt in the neighborhood for a long time. Lee was a true and generous friend to all of us. I never saw the man without a smile on his face.

My hatred for motorcycles, particularly in this uncontrolled traffic environment, has been even more intensified; as has my disrespect for the police, who allow the abuse of traffic laws, and common driving intelligence to continue.

R.I.P., Lee. You were far too young to leave us. You will be missed by all who knew you.

I was gutted when I got the news late last night. Lee was one-of-a-kind, always happy, and enjoying life to it's fullest. He will be sorely missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. As anyone who knew him will tell you, he always had a smile on his face and made you feel welcome in his bar.

Rest in Peace, Lee.

-H

What a terrible loss!

Lee, AKA Kolobos, whas a driving force behind the ever increasing popularity of the Darkside, a nickname he came up with for the area east of Sukhumvit.

His never ending smile will be sorely missed!

RIP

I'm speechless...what a terrible loss!

Lee was probably the best bar manager on the dark side, Noi's Bar a great place for party and....well...

RIP Lee...say hi to Mark when you see him on the other side...

Hope the German guy who is responsible for Lee's dead is dealt with correctly - apparently the German is trying to bribe his way out.........................

Actually it was a thai lady driving a fortuner - Miss Somjai Jaithad.

Regardless hope the lad rests in peace. :)

This is the full text from Pattaya One Website

PATTAYA:-- In the early hours of Thursday morning police and rescue services were called to the scene of a fatal road accident on Soi Kow Noi in the East of Pattaya which claimed the life of Mr Lee Mansfield, a 41-year-old British national. The Briton, owner of Noi’s Bar on the soi, had been struck by a motor vehicle driven by a 44-year-old Thai female. She told officers she was driving down Soi Kow Noi on her way back to her residence when she saw a motorbike approaching at speed. The rider, who was apparently not wearing a helmet, appeared to lose control of the machine and veered into the path of her car, striking the centre part of the front grille. The driver remained at the scene while police and rescue services were called. Witnesses at the scene offered an alternative version of events and suggested the female driver had attempted to overtake a slower moving vehicle and as she veered onto the right hand lane, Mr. Mansfield’s motorbike was directly in front of her and she was unable to avoid a head-on collision. Within minutes a substantial crowd of onlookers had gathered as had a number of foreigners and Thais who were clearly well acquainted with Mr Mansfield. It has also been mentioned on a number of internet chat forums that a foreign man may have been driving the car at the time of the crash and had swapped placed with the female and then fled the scene before authorities arrived. All versions of the crash are now being investigated by Police at this time. As with all cases involving a fatality on the roads, they took the driver back to the police station to answer further questions regarding the circumstances leading to the accident.

Further details are

HERE

PATTAYA ONE NEWS

2010-03-18

Quote PNO

"It has also been mentioned on a number of internet chat forums that a foreign man may have been driving the car at the time of the crash and had swapped placed with the female and then fled the scene before authorities arrived. All versions of the crash are now being investigated by Police at this time. As with all cases involving a fatality on the roads, they took the driver back to the police station to answer further questions regarding the circumstances leading to the accident."

^may have is the key. It should be quite easy to find out if witnesses were about, not to mention does said lady have a german bf?

Brit Motorcyclist Killed In Tragic Pattaya Accident

p13.jpg

The early morning collision between a motorcycle and a four-wheel drive URV resulted in the tragic death of a Briton in Pattaya. The Thai Fortuner driver, who was overtaking at the time, maintained she had not seen the motorcycle approaching in the opposite lane until it was too late.

Pattaya, 18 March 2010, [PDN]: At 2.00am, Police Lieutenant Colonel Jakkarin Toursuphap (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of an accident between a car and motorbike, which resulted in the death of the foreign motorcyclist. The incident occurred in front of Mike Orchid Villa in Soi Khao Noi, Moo10, Pattaya. The police officer, along with rescue personnel of the Sawangboriboon Foundation, duly rushed to the incident scene to investigate.

At the scene, the team discovered the dead body of Mr. Lee Spencer [41] a British national, who had been wearing a black round-neck T-shirt and white jeans. He had sustained a broken neck, and broken right leg. Nearby was his black Honda Wave motorbike, a complete write-off. Next to it was a grey-bronze Toyato Fortuner with frontal damage, whose driver, Miss Somjai Jaithad [45], was apprehensively standing by, waiting to provide a statement to the police.

Miss Jaithad explained that whilst she was driving home in Soi Khao Noi, she had swung out into the right-hand lane in order to overtake another car beside her. Unfortunately, there was a motorbike speeding towards her that she only noticed at the last moment, too late to avoid a crash. Sadly, Mr. Spencer had no chance to avoid the collision and was killed outright.

Mr. Spencer’s body was taken for autopsy and the British Embassy will be notified of his death accordingly.

-Pattaya Daily News

3/18/10

Edited by britmaveric

When I was 12 I was hit by a speeding car whilst crossing the road, the driver (a man we later found out had convictions for speeding, no insurance either) pulled into a cul de sac & his wife walked round the corner claiming she (named insured driver) was driving, fortunately for me it was the col de sac I lived in & neighbors witnessed the switch & he was later arrested & convicted. As he didn't have insurance though we couldn't get anymore than basic damages even though my mum had to take unpaid leave to take care of me at home for 3 weeks. I thankfully came out with a severe amount of bruising & a fractured skull but to this day I am of the opinion that anyone who is coward enough to let someone else take the blame for road accidents are scum & should have the full weight of the law come down on them. If this is what happened in the case of this tragic event then I hope the BiB trow the book at him.

I'm glad there were plenty of witnesses & just pray the police take their statements seriously.

RIP Lee