Battery Charger Bangkok

I live in Bangkok and would like to purchase a car battery charger. Anyone know where I might go? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before. I did do several searches and only found info a/b Pattaya.

Cheers,

Keoki

If you are close to Rama 4? Amorn Electronics upstairs at Tesco Rama 4 should have some.

If not leave the car parked at Tesco, cross the street at the lights and walk a few hundred metres towards town, past Millenium BMW.

Just around the corner almost opposite Klong Toey market there are a number of shops who will have one.

Edited by VocalNeal

CETEC is state of the art and sold by sales@vvp4x4dotcom

cheap stuff can be purchased at carrefour, tescoLotus, BigC

Indeed Cetec is very good, leave it on for topping up, keeps your battery in top condition.

I can recommend cetec AND vvp4x4

I've checked Big C on Ramhamheng often but did not see any. Also Tesco and Carrefour at On Nut, but again did not see. Maybe it's my timing??? :-) But thanks; I'll look again.

If you are close to Rama 4? Amorn Electronics upstairs at Tesco Rama 4 should have some.

If not leave the car parked at Tesco, cross the street at the lights and walk a few hundred metres towards town, past Millenium BMW.

Just around the corner almost opposite Klong Toey market there are a number of shops who will have one.

Thanks so much. I live on Petchburi near Thonglor. I hope to find these locations :-) I "don't get out much." lol

Indeed Cetec is very good, leave it on for topping up, keeps your battery in top condition.

I can recommend cetec AND vvp4x4

I appreciate all the information. I don't drive much in BKK and the battery could use charging regularly. Is there a general cost for a battery charger? I think consistency in Thailand is really difficult to find :-) however.

Of course depends on your car and battery, when I looked about 3 years ago, I could buy 2 brand new batteries from Honda for the price of a battery charger.

I ended up buying a solar one that plugs into the cigarette lighter.. Noticed others in the Village that have 2 or more cars and one not used much get a man on a motorbike come and collect and recharge, the man brings it back and refits, did ask charge is 40-50 baht.

So you could have a garage come and recharge it about 400+ times for the price of a battery charger.

Just another item I should have packed to come here not given away when I moved here.

Before you ask, the solar one that plugs into the cigarette lighter a friend bought on the Malayian boarder, no idea if they are in Thailand yet.

Of course depends on your car and battery, when I looked about 3 years ago, I could buy 2 brand new batteries from Honda for the price of a battery charger.

I ended up buying a solar one that plugs into the cigarette lighter.. Noticed others in the Village that have 2 or more cars and one not used much get a man on a motorbike come and collect and recharge, the man brings it back and refits, did ask charge is 40-50 baht.

So you could have a garage come and recharge it about 400+ times for the price of a battery charger.

Just another item I should have packed to come here not given away when I moved here.

Before you ask, the solar one that plugs into the cigarette lighter a friend bought on the Malayian boarder, no idea if they are in Thailand yet.

a cheap 4 amp auto cut at 14,2-14,4 volt should be less than 1000 baht. not possible to read the brand name on my any more, sticker gone

a cheap 4 amp auto cut at 14,2-14,4 volt should be less than 1000 baht. not possible to read the brand name on my any more, sticker gone

As I said it was over 3 years ago, the auto spares shop I went to that had some the cheapest was around 1,600 baht, at the time a new battery fitted at Honda was 800 baht.

Maybe if i had driven the 50km into BKK would have found a cheaper one

i was looking for one a few months ago, they seem to be a rarity here. Amorn on rama 4 do not sell them, and i have never seen them in any tesco/carrefoure

dm

Thanks for the info deadman, I was going to go there today. No point now eh?

I bought a solar charger at AMORN in ZEER Market, i do not remember the price somewhere beteween 500 - 1000 THB.

I extended the wiring so i could place the solar cell on top of the roof this way the battery not only keeps its charge it

also stays health.

i was looking for one a few months ago, they seem to be a rarity here. Amorn on rama 4 do not sell them, and i have never seen them in any tesco/carrefoure

dm

Strange this was taken there.

IMG0055A.jpg

But I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

TIT

Bought mine at Homepro

I went to the HomePro at Sukhumvit and Wireless road. I did not find a battery charger. I looked on every floor :-( Which HomePro did you go to for your battery charger please?

I'm hoping to go to Armorn Elect today. This is one example where availability of products in the West far exceed Asia. It'm hoping to find "the mother load" where car "stuff" can be found all in one location. LOL but TIT so maybe this doesn't exist yet. :-(

Thanks,

Keoki

Bought mine at Homepro

I went to the HomePro at Sukhumvit and Wireless road. I did not find a battery charger. I looked on every floor :-( Which HomePro did you go to for your battery charger please?

I'm hoping to go to Armorn Elect today. This is one example where availability of products in the West far exceed Asia. It'm hoping to find "the mother load" where car "stuff" can be found all in one location. LOL but TIT so maybe this doesn't exist yet. :-(

Thanks,

Keoki

I've always been surprised at how few car accessory stores there are here. The biggest i found is a place called Autocar (085-1464688), its near Seacon square, on the same side but about 500m before you get to it, its a huge place, u can't miss it. However they don't sell battery chargers (well, they didn't 6 weeks ago)

I heard there is another big place somewhere in Sathorn, anyone know of it?

DM

Bought mine at Homepro

Thanks,

Keoki

Probably not convenient for you. Bought it in Chonburi

Why not drop in to your local battery and "dynamo" shop and ask them. I'm sure they bought their's somewhere locally. Although you might not have the industrial strength model in mind, if the supplier sells big ones, they probably sell small ones.

Your looking in the wrong places to find a battery charger - go to a autoparts store.

My battery charger is variable between 6-60 volts with 100 amp maximum output, with ammeter. its about the size of 2 desktop computers stacked on top one another. cost = 3500 baht. Great piece of equipment, i use it for everything electrically related to experimenting.

i use to make dealer cars for car stereo competitions in thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
Please tell us how much you paid it when you buy it.

thanks.

I went looking for Amorn Elect above Tesco on Rama IV, but didn't find it. Actually I forgot my "note" lol and didn't remember what was on it, but did search in/around Tesco, Carrefour, BMW dealership etc. BUT:

Yesterday I went to Chinatown. SUCCESS. Oh, I was in "in my glory." Found (actually was taken by a Thai friend) :-) the area selling tools/hardware AND battery chargers. I got mine for Bt 700. It's both 6 and 12 volt and ???? 6+ amps? I'm tickled pink. Never seeing this amount of tools - all kinds - in Thailand until now I am really really looking forward to making more trips there.

Cheers,

Keoki