Drug Dealer Arrested On Pattaya Beach Road

sharecropper

Oh my goodness gracious! The thought of such despicable events transpiring in such a central location for innocent tourism makes me want to buy a spare box of kleenex just to be prepared!

Forsooth!

Seriously, is it likely that the age of the lad, being only 17, might result in a less harsh penalty (if convicted) than if he was one day beyond his 18th birthday? This would be the case back in my country of origin, but I am curious as to whether any similar sort of rule for minors might apply here.

Interesting story because:

(1) there ARE undercover police working at night here after all;

I have seen undercover police checking work permits. Entering offices and asking for passports and WP. Certainly plain clothes, looked scruffy but were very efficient.

Well, apparently we can't have those out-of-towners pedaling drugs. It's an occupation reserved for the locals.

Had they given him a little notice of the bust, he might have had a 'going out of business sale.'

But on a more serious note, it's good they are tackling the problem. It's sad that such a young man gets caught up in this.

Well not to criticize said action, but if you are walking along Beach Rd in the wee morning hrs.... you normally get thai lads saying... Want Coke, Yabba, Marijuana offers as you walk by. Hmmmm if they were interested in really arresting drug pushers - they would clear these lads out. Then again prob working for said BIB. :)

Not working for me, seems to me their server is down, the URL seems to indicate a parked status at there registrar company (Godady.com), possibly the server is of line or there is a DNS issue pointing to their server.

I thought we were not allowed to say the word "drugs" on Thai Visa.

Last time I raised the concern about the walkingstreet drug dealers whe topic was closed.

What has changed?

You are on dangerous ground Don Tron please see rule:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues.

Just clicked on the link in the opening post, to find that "http://www.pattayatoday.net/" is no longer an active web site. ???

Now that would be truly newsworthy.

Just tried and it's as normal.

Link works today, did not work yesterday. :) Just a snapshot of life in Thailand.

And, like a true snapshot of life in Thailand, I just now got the "parked page" again...