Urgent Visa For Spain For Thai National. Help!

The Spanish embassy appear to be persuing a zero-tourism policy this year! ie. next to impossible for my Thai partner to get a tourist visa, although he's visited twice before and applications were much easier, and faster. Now they say it'll take 3 working weeks to process (that's one long manyana!) Quick edit: our non-refundable fights are booked for 2 weeks' time!!!

Does anyone know of an express visa service for shengen visas here in Bangkok, please?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, H.

Edited by himachal

Have you tried the irish or french embassy, has he has been before and come back should be easy. I took my misses in feb this year and got my visa from the spanish embassy in 3 days.

Thanks, bwalker. I'm amazed it only took 3 days for you. We waited 3 days just to hear they couldn't process it in time.

Yes, we're considering flying to another shengen state and getting a connecting flight to Spain.

Cheers, Himachal.

I got a visa to spain for my Thai girlfriend about 18 months ago and they hassled her and made her go back several times for different things but they ultimately gave her the visa. I would just do what they ask and you'll probably be ok.

Don't worry, there is a workaround, I do not know your financial situation, but it is quite easy to go to a good travel agency like Diethelm travel, you take out a organized tour to Italy and France (easiest). You will get a visa for less than three months, but that is not a problem. You say goodbye to your tour group and take bus, train, plane or car to Spain with your Schengen visa.

Overstaying is mostly not a problem unless you are in Germany, I personally have brought numerous people with long expired visas to the airport in Barcelona, Amsterdam or Brussels. They are let out without any trouble.

Many countries, and the UK is one, will simply allow an overstayer to leave if they are doing so voluntarily.

However, the next time that person applies for a visa to any country the overstay is likely to be a major problem.

A couple of years ago we wanted to go to Crete on a cheap last minute deal, the Greek Embassy wanted dates, times, hotels etc which we couldnt give them as it was going to be last minute.

Went to the French Embassy, got a shengen visa from them but went to Crete, no problems at all, no questions as to why we hadnt gone to France first, just stamped her in.

A couple of years ago we wanted to go to Crete on a cheap last minute deal, the Greek Embassy wanted dates, times, hotels etc which we couldnt give them as it was going to be last minute.

Went to the French Embassy, got a shengen visa from them but went to Crete, no problems at all, no questions as to why we hadnt gone to France first, just stamped her in.

i recently tried to get a visa for france for my teerak. they refused it and gave no reason, due to "french law" they dont have to!! 5000thb++ down the drain. i used the "new" service but after the refusal i read you can deal directly with the embassy. I would choose the direct option next time.....

GF (not wife)applying for third VV to the UK later this year and all being well she is looking to apply for a schengen at the french embassy but i am finding it hard to find out if this is worth applying for.

What do we need to supply or show as it is likely we will use for a day trip or possible overnight stay as it will be easy for us as i live on the south coast.

Where do we get the application form from and how long for a decission.

Any advise on how to go about this ?

GF (not wife)applying for third VV to the UK later this year and all being well she is looking to apply for a schengen at the french embassy but i am finding it hard to find out if this is worth applying for.

What do we need to supply or show as it is likely we will use for a day trip or possible overnight stay as it will be easy for us as i live on the south coast.

Where do we get the application form from and how long for a decission.

Any advise on how to go about this ?

I'm not really in a position to help I'm afraid, we're married and we applied in the UK, and my experience is 2 years old so things might have changed anyway.

People in the UK with a visit visa cannot apply for a Schengen visa in the UK, so she will need to apply in Thailand, and it appears that she has to do so online via the appropriate link from this page. When clicking on the link a box appears saying that you will be told what information is required; dependant upon your answers to the questions.

Family members of EEA nationals do not have to provide as much information as others; but as she is your girlfriend, not wife, I'm afraid it appears that she will have to complete the whole form, including a hotel booking.

People in the UK with a visit visa cannot apply for a Schengen visa in the UK, so she will need to apply in Thailand, and it appears that she has to do so online via the appropriate link from this page. When clicking on the link a box appears saying that you will be told what information is required; dependant upon your answers to the questions.

Family members of EEA nationals do not have to provide as much information as others; but as she is your girlfriend, not wife, I'm afraid it appears that she will have to complete the whole form, including a hotel booking.

Thank for that 7by7, thats a helpful link.

I,m still unsure if we/the GF has a reasonable chance of a successful application as were still to meet or get any success stories from similar couples(boyfriend/girlfriend) and how things went for them, still may be we will give it a go.

Thanks Again

spider

• 1 month later...

Hi , i have just gone through the process succesfully but it took alot of time and effort.

Really it depends on her situation....i.e does she have a good job in thailand? does she have enough money to support herself? will you be going on holiday with a tour operator? or are you booking your own accomodation and flights?