I'm Still In Dubai : Thaksin

webfact

It's clear that Abhisit did not get to the PM's chair with an ironclad mandate, but he got there nevertheless, and it wasn't via a coup. The coup happened earlier, and there were two PM's between the time Caretaker-PM Thaksin was ousted, and Abhisit gained the position. It wasn't all squeaky clean, but nothing in Thai politics is. Certainly not the way Thaksin formed a coalition, and unabashedly gave largely disproportionate amounts of money to districts that voted his way. It was government money (much of it possibly illegally siphoned from lottery proceeds, over which he held sway), but he made it appear as though he was lavishing his own money on the Issanaites. They still believe it.

Abhisit should be allowed to serve out his term. Hopefully, he'll be able to do so without incessant nit-picking & wheedling from afar. The next election cycle is months away. That will afford the voting public a chance to pick which bunch they want. I personally don't think Issan voters will vote in a block next time. I wouldn't be surprised if a considerable % of them are sick of Thaksin's whining, and are ready to distance themselves from him. Yet even if they were to vote again in a block, they're only a slice of Thai voters, and don't necessarily speak for Thai voters as a whole.

Actually the red shirted supporters do have the majority in Thailand.

Even in their heyday, they had just under 50% of overall votes. Due to their antics of the past year, they've likely lost support rather than gained. Making a lot of noise, in itself, doesn't signal a majority.

He could do the phone broadcast from a pirate ship off the coast of Somalia. He could stay in international waters 12 miles out, and carry a weapon.

So how do I inform the pirates that he's in the vicinity?

You made me laugh...I just had to tell to you.

Thaksin has not held a phone-in since Monday because of his throat.

lets hope its a permanent problem

Lets hope it spreads to the rest of his body, followed by a state of rigamortis.

This :D is So :D .

:D Thaksin could have a doctor 24/7 like michael Jackson and but a hospital. Don't count thaksin out.

we can only hope he does have micheal jacksons doctor :)

The demands listed are pretty much what I expected. Dissolution of the house, and a return to the 1997 Constitution which gives more freedom for vote buying. I'm surprised that Chaturon didn't mention the exoneration demands for Thaksin as well.

Chaturon doesn't have any official position to speak for the PTP or reds, but as the leader of the northeastern MPs for the Puea Thai Party, Thaksin's younger brother Payap Shinawatra has offered to mediate talks between his brother and Abhisit, but with these pre-conditions:

1. Thaksin must not be arrested upon his return to Thailand

2. Thaksin must be allowed to leave the country again if he wishes

Little Payap should be incarcerated for being so arrogant to think, let alone even propose that. That this man is simply above the law and demands respect. The bloodline in that family is poison in a parasite.

Taksin still has a vast fortune, why doesn't he go and buy a reasonably sized island somewhere in the pacific... big enough to accomodate all his devotees, maybe about the size of Koh Chang - then he could proclaim himself absolute monarch and he could fly all his fans out there to live a life of bliss in Taksinland.

Just think of all the new opportunities for ways to make him richer from a devoted and loyal workforce.

Would save face also ! :)

I'll laugh when the call is traced to a different country, and he claims he was set up in some conspiracy by the gov't. This guy is addicted to lying. There never was a better example of a crooked politician.

You are referring to FM Kasit right?

Taksin still has a vast fortune, why doesn't he go and buy a reasonably sized island somewhere in the pacific... big enough to accomodate all his devotees, maybe about the size of Koh Chang - then he could proclaim himself absolute monarch and he could fly all his fans out there to live a life of bliss in Taksinland.

Just think of all the new opportunities for ways to make him richer from a devoted and loyal workforce.

Would save face also ! :)

I thought he was trying to buy San Stefano island off the coast of Montenegro (Budva). Then he can invite all his supporters there for an upmarket beach party with coffee and cake. Especially fun in the winter....

1. Thaksin must not be arrested upon his return to Thailand

2. Thaksin must be allowed to leave the country again if he wishes

Agree, arrest on arrival, then apologize to the country for lying to apprehend a felon on the run.

I reckon the UAE government told him to chill out or leave. ...

no, the thai government told us that the UAE had expelled Thaksin.

I think that day is not too far off. Maybe they consulted a mor doo and this is what the stars said. He's outlived his welcome, just like he messed up in UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, US, etc, etc...... UAE don't need his money and don't want to fall out big time with the Govt of Thailand, so he's on his way out pretty soon is my guess. :)

His days are numbered there,

and he is being monitored by multiple national security apparatus.

They think he is a security risk to more than JUST Thailand.

Sore throat from trying to squeeze too many porkies out at the same time?

Or maybe swallow his bile as he watches his Red shirt running dog lackeys

embarrass themselves and him not getting a rise out of Abhisit or the military.

That must really be a Gelucil moment no matter how big his bank balance is.

UAE doesnt care about the Thai govt. :)

That can't be true.

The UAE would certainly want to be seen as a modern professional country (group of states), and be respected by the developed world.

The UAE knows very well that countries like the UK, US, Germany and a lot more have not banned thaksin because Abhisit asked them too. They make there own independant decisions based on diverse information.

The UAE will ultimately protect it's reputation. Thaksin is very dispensable.

Relations with a decent country like Thailand, far outweigh UAE officialdom's relations with a rich foreigner with a sordid reputation. Expect T's sore throat to continue until he permanently leaves the UAE - and it will be very soon, for sure. UAE officials are giving him just enough time to pack his bags and leave.

Reminds me of Michael Jackson's Neverland.

I am of the opinion that this describes the habits and indeed the mindset of Thaksin

The Oozlum bird, also spelled Ouzelum, is a legendary creature found in Australian and British folk tales and legends.

Some versions have it that, when startled, the bird will take off and fly around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up itself, disappearing completely, which adds to its rarity.

Other sources state that the bird flies backwards so that it can admire its own beautiful tail feathers, or because while it does not know where it is going, it likes to know where it has been.

THE ''I AM IN DUBAI NOW SCENARIO.''

Edited by siampolee

What makes you think that, Brit? Or are you just thinking out loud again?

Lips moving: Thinking.

Hot Air moving in and out; Speaking.

Blanket suppositions based on vaporware : ideas in play.

Relations with a decent country like Thailand, far outweigh UAE officialdom's relations with a rich foreigner with a sordid reputation. Expect T's sore throat to continue until he permanently leaves the UAE - and it will be very soon, for sure. UAE officials are giving him just enough time to pack his bags and leave.

Reminds me of Michael Jackson's Neverland.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

...And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming.

And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor

Shall be lifted---nevermore!

Edited by animatic