Passport Renewal British

Hi

I have ran out of pages on my current passport so require a new passport (british).

I have the correct form (c1), photos and documents. I have a question for someone who has done this before on the form on section 9. Do I still need to get someone to countersign the form and 1 photo confirming they have known me for 2 years or more? Even though I still have 3 years on my current passport. They embassy does not take calls after 11am for some reason so just need a quick heads up as I need to submit it at the embassy tomorrow morning.

A quick response would be appeciated.

Many Thanks

I renewed mine last year, no countersignature required, and all done by post. Not sure how it works now with being processed in HK as far as posting it goes, but certainly no countersignature (I think this is explained in a round about fashion somewhere in the completion notes small print).

According to their website you now have to send the application to Hong Kong. As from 8th March.

EDIT.

Passport renewals

If you are applying to renew a full, expired, or nearly expired passport, you can send your application direct to Hong Kong. Please click here for further details.

Maybe still possible in Bangkok.

Thanks guys.

Think I will go to the embassy in the morning and if they wont send it i'll stop at a post office on my way home. Feel confident I dont have to countersign it now.

Is this the embassy I should go to? If so what BTS/MRT is near?

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Thanks

Consular contact

Consular Section

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 2 305 8333

(between 9:00-11:00 hrs)

Fax: +66 (0) 2 255 6051

If you have a general, non

urgent enquiry - email us.

We will respond within 20 working

days.

Opening Hours:

Monday - Thursday 08:00-11:00, 13:00-15:15

Friday 08:00 – 12:00 only

Thanks guys.

Think I will go to the embassy in the morning and if they wont send it i'll stop at a post office on my way home. Feel confident I dont have to countersign it now.

Is this the embassy I should go to? If so what BTS/MRT is near?

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Thanks

Either Ploenchit or Chitlom will do, just round the corner from the Gaysorn Plaza.

No need for counter signatures because you are applying in person.

After going past security turn right and go to the consular section building on your lh side downstairs.

32 page is 7,221 baht, 48 page is 8,729 baht.

Pick up new passport 2 weeks later.

Opening hrs,

Mon - Thurs, 08:00 - 11:00 am then 13:00 - 15:15 pm.

Fri, 08:00 - 12:00 noon only.

A painless and easy exercise.

I believe for a small fee, 100 baht the passport can be sent to your address.

Dont forget to go to immigration to transfer your visa stamp when you recieve your new passport.

The above is correct as of about 6 weeks ago.

As Litebeer has pointed out passports are no longer processed in Bangkok, if you go to the Embassy to lodge your application all they will do is check it and forward the application to Hong Kong where it will be checked again and the passport issued, you will still have to courier fees, though you can still pick it up at the embassy on its return.

You can send the application directly to Hong Kong, note you only have to send a copy of the passport, and it will be returned directly to you. http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...ssport-renewals