Iranian Arrested In Bangkok With 'ice' Drug Haul

webfact

Iranian arrested in Bangkok with 'ice' drug haul

BANGKOK (AFP) -- Thai authorities said they had arrested an Iranian man on drug trafficking charges at Bangkok airport Thursday after finding four kilograms (nine pounds) of methamphetamine in his luggage.

Thai customs said that Javad Wasirpourmanigh, a 38-year-old from Tehran, was found with drugs worth 16 million baht (496,000 dollars) in his carry-on bag after arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Customs said that since October, 19 suspected traffickers have been arrested at the airport, with 28.2 kilograms of drugs confiscated, including eight kilograms of heroin and 15.2 kilograms of methamphetamine, also known as "ice."

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-03-25

Published with written approval from AFP.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So if it is a lady, then it's understandable and forgivable or can be minimized. If it's a man, he's bad, evil and should be strung up.

So what is it? Is it about drugs being bad, or is it who does it?

Can anyone explain why people are bringing this drug INTO Thailand?Surely there is a more profitable market than a country that is a large producer.Bit easier to understand if they were taking it out.

Can anyone explain why people are bringing this drug INTO Thailand?Surely there is a more profitable market than a country that is a large producer.Bit easier to understand if they were taking it out.

All routes into LOS from Laos & Cambodia are being monitored closely for the past 3 weeks. Looking for guns & ammo or tnt & C4. In the market in Cambodia you can get C4 for 250 Baht per Kilo

All routes into LOS from Laos & Cambodia are being monitored closely for the past 3 weeks. Looking for guns & ammo or tnt & C4. In the market in Cambodia you can get C4 for 250 Baht per Kilo

250 baht per kilo????? you gotta' be kidding! Sure would be interested in your source of information. THAT is an outrageously low price quote! YOU must be VEEERRY tied in.

I wonder if this guy will get as much sympathy as the Filipina did in a previous thread. I think not.

It happened before and it will happen again soon. But what I don’t appreciate is posts from Iranians when I wrote something pretty harmless about drug dealing (trafficking) Ayatollahs.

The reply was so full of hate, this guy was really threatening to kill me…….they’ll get killed in their country immediately having such an amount of dope?

Please don’t send me that hate post again; I’ll do something you won’t appreciate…….

post-39518-1269527028_thumb.jpg

:)

What's with all the drug arrests in the last couple of days? Is it the end of month yet? Maybe a few of the traffic cops have been transferred to the drug division and think they have to get the numbers up by the end of the month.

Don’t get me wrong, but all nations should use the same metric system. Four kg= nine pounds? Who’s doing the Math? Som Nam Na………………

Doesn’t kilo mean one thousand? Wouldn’t that be 4,000 grams? Sorry, can’t get it….

To go on, if all nations would use one pound as 500 grams it would be eight kilos, or???

This is the 5th Iranian being caught bringing ICE into Thailand in some 3 months?

I mean, larger bust, that is being published here.

Have you ever thought about guys who changed their staff, producing cheap shit instead of something natural?

Speed is so cheap to produce and they’re making more money because the market wants some speedy stuff.

Ayatollahs nephews seem to be very smart to live in the BIG TIGER and die in there.

post-39518-1269527912_thumb.jpg

I wonder if this guy will get as much sympathy as the Filipina did in a previous thread. I think not.

Iranians don't like their government, so I have sympathy for that. But for drugs, I think they should have dozens of drug sniffing dogs patrolling the airport all the time. Glad they're stopping this crap and hope it continues.

What's with all the drug arrests in the last couple of days? Is it the end of month yet? Maybe a few of the traffic cops have been transferred to the drug division and think they have to get the numbers up by the end of the month.

cutting down outside competition

Stop talking crap. I live in Cambodia. 8$ for a Kilo of C4? Thats nonsense. 8$ is what 16 9mm rounds cost in Cambodia. 1 Kilo of C4. SMACK!

Why should a man get as much sympathy as a woman? Ever heard of 'Women and Children first when u abandon ship'? Poor girl got hustled cuz she a woman. That man knew what he was doing.

Because people here are demandng it supply and demand. If foreigners were not coming here to use drugs, drugs would not be coming into the country. What came fitst the chicken or the egg.

Because people here are demandng it supply and demand. If foreigners were not coming here to use drugs, drugs would not be coming into the country. What came fitst the chicken or the egg.

Yes, those pesky foreigners are the users/cause of drugs in Thailand....the chickens definitely came first as they were the transport vehicle for the dope (carriers), the eggs were the packaging method. Boycott KFC,

The penalty in Iran is far more life destroying than in Thailand .

smuggle drugs = go to jail 10 - 30 YEARS ( Thailand )

Iran = public humility and then certain DEATH

worth the risk ( yes ) as not dead

Smuggle druggs = go to jail 7-10years IN the UK.

Thailand = 10- 30 years (even a full lifetime )

worth the risk = NO ... NOT IF YOUR BRITISH AND THE PENALTY IS FAR GREATER THAN IF YOU DO THE SAME CRIME ON UK SOIL

If your IRANIAN and the penalty is less than on your home soil then worth a shot .

..... is it

Don't get me wrong, but all nations should use the same metric system. Four kg= nine pounds? Who's doing the Math? Som Nam Na………………

Doesn't kilo mean one thousand? Wouldn't that be 4,000 grams? Sorry, can't get it….

To go on, if all nations would use one pound as 500 grams it would be eight kilos, or???

1 kilo = 2.2 Lbs TT

Don't get me wrong, but all nations should use the same metric system. Four kg= nine pounds? Who's doing the Math? Som Nam Na………………

Doesn't kilo mean one thousand? Wouldn't that be 4,000 grams? Sorry, can't get it….

How about all nations just stop using pounds (and miles, and pints/gallons).

Don’t get me wrong, but all nations should use the same metric system. Four kg= nine pounds? Who’s doing the Math? Som Nam Na………………

Doesn’t kilo mean one thousand? Wouldn’t that be 4,000 grams? Sorry, can’t get it….

Don't get me wrong, but there is only but ONE metric system...although in several variations, with different choices of fundamental units.

It is an international decimalised system of measurement recognised since the 60's except for, Burma, Liberia and...the United States!

Now, as far as your problem is concerned...

No, 4 kg are not 9 pounds, but 8,818491109521 etc lbs...(imperial pounds)

But, as well, in French, a "pound" (livre) is...0,5kg, so 4kg would be 8 pounds

And there is as well the avoirdupois pound, and the obsolete tower, merchant's and London pound,and the Troy pound, and the Wool pound, and the German , and the Russian, and the Scandinavian, and the Jersey, and the Trone,the Spanish, the Dutch pound...!

Why trying to make it easy when some love to make it difficult!

Mind you, whatever the quantities of "pounds", here, the price is the same for all of them: 30 years in jail!

LOL