Connect Laptop To Tv Wirelessly - How ?

ihightower

My Dell Inspiron 6000 (2005 Model) has VGA Output and S-Video.

My Samsung 21" LCD TV has HDMI and VGA Input.

Previously I used to connect my Laptop to my Old TV (Not LCD) like this

Laptop VGA Out ----> 5m Cable ----> RCA Cable to TV (Video IN)

Laptop Audio Headphone Out ----> 5m Cable ----> RCA Cable to TV (Audio In) Right/Left

Now, I have a new LCD TV... and I want to do this wirelessly. My Laptop and TV are around 10m away from each other.. No Line of Sight... TV in living room... Laptop in Bed Room... Both Audio and Video should be carried to my TV.

My laptop is accessing internet through wifi... the wifi adsl router sits near the TV..

How can I do this? at What Cost?

Ideally this is how it should be...

I plug something into my Laptop... and that should carry the Audio and Video signal to a receiver near the TV... and the receiver is in turn connected to the TV... and I get to watch youtube videos with audio... when I click play from laptop..

Purpose of this setup is to... I want to watch Youtube videos on my TV.

Thank you.

I use a WiFi capable PMP(Personal media player) the Archos 605(There is a later version of the Archos - the Intermet Media Tablets 5 and 7). I can view internet on my TV (42" Samsung) through my WiFi up to Flash v 9. There is not an ARM (for mobile devices such as my Archos PMP) flash version available for flash v 10 as of yet (so don't think youtube is gonna work most of the time).

The Archos 605 WiFi connects to your router and uses the opera browser, then outputs it using a non-HIDef signal (composite video). I bought the Archos 605, 160GB in the USA about a year ago for $250 though I spent another $100 on software and hardware upgrades.

You'll have to check at www.archos.com if the later generation devices support HiDef and if they support higher flash versions(most of the new Youtube stuff is version 10 , though I'm not sure what your after).

Hope this helps.

My netwook connects to my TV via the TV PC input.

It is a 15 pin connector just like the one that connects your monitor to the computer.

So anything on my netbook appears on the TV

I also have WiFi in my house and the netbook connects to the internet this way.

So anything the netbook sees on the net will also be on the TV

Actually I have never viewed the net this way because there is no need.

I just watch downloaded movies on the TV this way as it requires no

conversions or special codecs. If I can see it on the netbook I can see it on the TV

You can also add a game consol to your TV (XBOX or WII) and network that with your computer to watch media stored on your computer, however it will not allow you to play content striaght from the internet.

You can get various devices that will transform the signal from your laptop to wireless, and then a receiver to put by the TV. But the cost of this setup compared to getting a media player would not be worth it.

Something like the Xtreamer would do the trick.

Can someone suggest a Thai way of doing wirelessly this with less than B5000 setup... and a very acceptable video and audio quality.

dondela: Is Xtreamer any good... Can it do wirelessly from laptop to TV... Can I watch youtube playing on computer to TV.

paulfr: how do you actually connect to your tv from your netbook... Can you put it in clear terms... what product? what you mean by pc input... is it VGA input... and more info please... cost of it, etc.... etc...

My netbook connects to the TV via a VGA cable.

The TV has a VGA connector for input from a PC so it can act as the monitor for any laptop, netbook or desktop computer

Edited by paulfr