Anyone Sent Passport By Mail From Thailand?

Usually a passport full of millions of stamps like me do not get too much attention.

I think if you are out to a third country and send passport to your native country to get visa, usually have no problem especially if your passport has thousand stamps all over.

I've seen that work the exact opposite effect on some people who have a passport with "millions" of stamps... it makes the Immigration folks even more curious about them and they scrutinize the stamps even more then they would someone with just a few pages of them. It certainly depends on the official and his mood at the time. Some would see the task as too daunting and stamp someone out quickly just to get them out of the way, while others might be a bit of an amateur sleuth and become very inquisitive as to where someone went and when and what are they doing that they travel so much.

It goes without saying that there is no better way of doing it than the right way, the right way is by physically having your passport in hand !!... however....

What if (this is a big if) you vacated Thailand with an official stamp out, put your feet up in a hotel in Cambodia (for example) and send the passport to "wherever" to apply for the visa, requesting with your friend that the visa be sent back to your hotel ?

Ok although this still means you have to let go of your passport but at least the issues of having the stamps out/in has been resolved ?

You could also argue that the visa will say "issued at Wherever (i.e. not Cambodia)" but would the Thai immigration care about this ? Are you actually breaking Thai immigration law ? Thai immigration law stipulates that "a non immigrant visa must be applied for outside of Thailand".... ?? :D

Im no lawyer or expert in the field so please feel free to tell me im wrong !!! :o

Your right however, the question is would this be something the Thai Immigration would look for ?  Have any Thai immigration laws been broken ?

Yes they often will check dates; especially at land crossings.

The laws require you to be in the jurisdiction of the consul to obtain a visa so believe application would be fraudulent.

Your right however, the question is would this be something the Thai Immigration would look for ?  Have any Thai immigration laws been broken ?

Yes they often will check dates; especially at land crossings.

The laws require you to be in the jurisdiction of the consul to obtain a visa so believe application would be fraudulent.

Unlucky Phuket kid :D but I like your thinking :o

Just follow the 2 steps then everything will be fine.

(1) be sure to send your passport to your family or friend in your native country, and have them to send it to the embassy or consulate for you, and mail back to family, and then your family mail back to you. DO NOT mail directly from overseas to consulate in your native country.

(2)be sure to take out the departture card of the country you go into such as Malaysia, Filippines, HK ect.

The Thai consulate or embassy in your native country will not be their business and jurisdiction to check and match all your entry and departure stamps of every country you go to. Sometimes these stamps don't match anyways. I have so many stamps of different countries that are so faint in ink that you cannot decipher any dates or even names of the countries.