Who Changes The Nappies In Your Household?

tigerfish

so as the topic heading states, who is it that changes the nappies, when theres a distinct smell in the air. are you a liberated male or do you leave all that kind of stuff up to the other half. being the female in the relationship do you insist that he does his fare share.

also after having a baby in a foreign land how did you adapt to the different cultural customs and traditions when your child was born.

is there anything that irritates you or you just cannot accept and it goes against all your western values whilst bringing your child up in the land of smiles.

just one other quick thing, have or did you buy for your baby, those little gold bands that go around the babies ankles when they were first born.

Edited by tigerfish

lol, we had a distance rule, whoever was close to the baby when we smelt it was the one who dealt with it.

Often times we would be fighting to get the furthest away when we thought the other hadn't yet noticed the wiff but of course someone has to do it so we found paper, rock, scissors was a good final decider. :D

Thank god my boy is fully toilet trained now, we only have to throw away his nighttime pull up pants now as he can get them on & off by himself :)

Children are a few years down the road for me...

However, a couple of years ago I while looking after my nephew I witnessed a foul fruity stench. I'd told my sister, if he goes he has to sit in it until you get home. I couldn't let the poor little chappy's nappy slop about any longer as the wiff was simply too strong...

It took me 30mins to change the little sh!t daemons nappy, I threw up violently, sticky brown plop covered my hands. I ended up holding him in the shower, jetting him down while desperately trying to avoid the splash back from his little bum crack... all the while he thought it was a great game....

That was the first and last time I changed a nappy. I'm told it will be different when they are my own... I doubt it, but we'll see....

lol, as you say, you can't leave them in it but with practice can change them very fast & mess free but gawd some of the stuff that comes out of a babies ass is evil. oh even when it is your kid, their poo is still gag inducing :)

I agree it should be split half half, but I think somehow I always end up being the one!! I really don't mind it, cause bubba loves it and is all smiles after she is all cleaned up! :D Has also made for some funny moments... say no more!!

Although she is still on milk so that could all change once she starts on solids!!! :)

As far as adapting to different cultural customs etc, I must have been living here too long, cause I really haven't had too much drama adapting.

With that gold band tradition however, both the missus and I agreed we don't want our baby to wear any jewelry or whatever you want to call it until she is older.

I think its too blingy and my partner doesn't want to attract attention..

I agree it should be split half half, but I think somehow I always end up being the one!! I really don't mind it, cause bubba loves it and is all smiles after she is all cleaned up! :D Has also made for some funny moments... say no more!!

Although she is still on milk so that could all change once she starts on solids!!! :)

As far as adapting to different cultural customs etc, I must have been living here too long, cause I really haven't had too much drama adapting.

With that gold band tradition however, both the missus and I agreed we don't want our baby to wear any jewelry or whatever you want to call it until she is older.

I think its too blingy and my partner doesn't want to attract attention..

Edited by patong

We had 3 in nappies at once. Newborn twins and a 22mo old. For the toddler, whoever found it changed it. For twins, either we'd both take one and change, or we'd do assembly line with one doing the changing and the other handing things over or taking things away.

2+ yr later, happy to say we are down to twins needing a nappy just at night and they usually wake up dry. Can't get out of this stage fast enough!

also after having a baby in a foreign land how did you adapt to the different cultural customs and traditions when your child was born.

is there anything that irritates you or you just cannot accept and it goes against all your western values whilst bringing your child up in the land of smiles.

just one other quick thing, have or did you buy for your baby, those little gold bands that go around the babies ankles when they were first born.

Hardest thing to adapt to was my wife wanting to be a housewife like some 1950s throwback AND wanting a maid (paradoxically) AND complaining about changing nappies to boot.

Things I had to fight against; NO to shaving our son's head, NO to wearing gold ankle bracelets with bell, NO to having the mother-in-law move in to 'help' and NO to having our son sleep on our bed or in our room with us. I think my wife ending up hearing 'no' more often than the science-club president 3 weeks before prom, but she gave as good as she got.

Our son, she informed me after two weeks of trying, would not be breastfed as I'd envisaged, as it hurt too much. No, he couldn't play with all his toys in case he broke them (??) and no, he couldn't greet anyone or say thank you without a 'wai'. My wife even blamed me for causing her undue pain and suffering through getting her pregnant, but I politely reminded her that I'd actually consistantly been far keener to make love to her bottom but she said it would hurt too much.

I changed diapers on my sister's kids when necessary 30 years ago...she had a diaper service and her husband was afraid that he'd stick them with the pins...she was impressed with my confidence and dexterity; also loads of baby wipes available and a 'changing table'...

later I changed nappies with my own son when there was a need much to the resentment of my european ex who never changed a nappy in her life...she claimed that I didn't know what I was doing; not too hard when there are pampers about...

later in 2003 when my wife hijacked her 3 m.o. niece from her brother in Thailand (she's lived with us ever since) I was at home for 18 mos and took on the job when necessary to my wife's amazement...plenty of bum squirters around to clean up the mess in our 'wet floor' bathroom...

now I'm at home with the 11 m.o. grandson but don't do a thing as there are plenty of capable females about that can do the necessary (before they were just kids)...I've paid my dues :)

Changing nappies makes me ill, but I refuse to let my little boy sit in a dirty nappy. So I get my maid to do it most times if wifey is not around.

I have changed him a couple of times but do my best to not be around when it needs doing.

I can't handle. By that I mean that I will be physically sick, therefore only adding to the problem.

I have never changed a nappy and have to leave the room if somebody else is doing it, this also stands for vomit although piss I can just about handle.

My wife once asked what I would do if my daughter shat herself or threw up somewhere when my wife wasn't there. My only answer would be to call for help or wait (at a distance) until my wife turned up.

It's not a selfish thing in the slightest, I just cannot physically do it.

I can't handle. By that I mean that I will be physically sick, therefore only adding to the problem.

I have never changed a nappy and have to leave the room if somebody else is doing it, this also stands for vomit although piss I can just about handle.

My wife once asked what I would do if my daughter shat herself or threw up somewhere when my wife wasn't there. My only answer would be to call for help or wait (at a distance) until my wife turned up.

It's not a selfish thing in the slightest, I just cannot physically do it.

I don't buy it. Of course you feel sick, so does everybody the first times, or weeks, or months. The only difference between you and all others is that they got over it - after getting used to it - and you never did. Tell me why?

You could make a child, do you think you have the same right to the child as the mother does if the relationship fails? After she's stopped shitting herself and you want her that is

Hard words said jokingly because I personally think the attitude sucks, don't take them personally, applies to millions of men :)

Edited by MikeyIdea

hey, wait a minit...what's it take to strip off the pamper then hose down the little kid with a bum sprayer?

don't take nothin' at all and think of the accolades from the wimmen's side of the family...

the wimmin love it when men demonstrate capability in this regard...

later to emerge as a child caring hero... :)