Sachs 250

Hi there The Sachs X-road 250 it is not available yet ,but in future you can buy it here( this the Tiger/Sachs backed online shop): www.tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

It is said to be available sometime this year.

Obmx

Where are you in Thailand, big country???

You can also buy direct from factory, follow this link:http://www.tigersachsclub.com/index.html

In Pattaya we have a dealer on Sukhumvit road, pattaya side between south and central Pattaya road, close to central road.

th

Hi there The Sachs X-road 250 it is not available yet ,but in future you can buy it here( this the Tiger/Sachs backed online shop): www.tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

It is said to be available sometime this year.

Obmx

forgot to mention the price will be appr. 100000 +thb and delivery will be available nationwide ( fees apply as listed at the online shop)

obmx

you may also look at my report as we tested the Sachs x-road 250 yesterday. www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visit-Tiger-Factory-t351023.html

funny, i am not allowed to post an url to a thaivisa thread :-)

obmx

You can also buy direct from factory, follow this link:http://www.tigersachsclub.com/index.html

In Pattaya we have a dealer on Sukhumvit road, pattaya side between south and central Pattaya road, close to central road.

I am in koh samui,dont think you can buy one yet in thailand.

I am in koh samui,dont think you can buy one yet in thailand.

Trust me, it is not available 100% sure!

obmx

you may also look at my report as we tested the Sachs x-road 250 yesterday. www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visit-Tiger-Factory-t351023.html

obmx

Dont take it personal, I think you will need 20 or so post here, then you can post links.

obmx

Dont take it personal, I think you will need 20 or so post here, then you can post links.

i knew that but it's funny as i posted a link to thaivisa ...not an external link...anyways no probs

obmx

Great shoes for testing a bike :)

You're right, although this Testride was part of the Tiger/Sachs factory tour and was just the more comfortable option for that person ( which is btw not me) ...but he managed to do a nice stoppie for us..

obmx

What's the great interest in (another) Chinese made bike ?

kindly read this thread before calling the Sachs X-Road 250 chinese: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visit-Tiger-...ry-t351023.html

The Sachs X-road 250 ,once available here, is not a Chinese made Bike ,but you may have the one or other part on it that comes from china... any Japanese , European or American manufacturer has some chinese parts on their bikes too.....nobody would call a BMW , Harley or a Honda being chinese ,right? So a call on Sachs being chinese is unjustified and false.

Obmx

The Chinese comment was not called for. Anybody worth their salt knows that Sachs is a well established European company. Furthermore, reading the link makes it painfully obvious that the bikes will be produced locally.....

The Chinese comment was not called for. Anybody worth their salt knows that Sachs is a well established European company. Furthermore, reading the link makes it painfully obvious that the bikes will be produced locally.....

I think in order to make a Sachs affordable it needs to be mostly produced here. It's still german engineering, produced here ...not an unusual sight(with the advantage to have easier access to spares) . Kawasaki a Japanese Company manufactures the Ninja 250 R , ER6n, Dtracker & Klx here in thailand...all very good bikes. Honda another Japanese Company does their CBR 150, Phantom and PCX here...although some may be discontinued but none are bad products at all. Triumph a English Bikebrand manufactures some of their bikes right here in Thailand...and their bikes are pretty excellent. I don't see a problem having the Sachs Bikes Manufactured here.

There are Chinese X-road 250's built, that part is true, but those are not sold here ...if you live in china and buy an x-road 250 there that would be chinese made.

Obmx

The info is incorrect, 5R Motor is a copy manufacturer, the picture is a X-Road 125, with Photoshop'ed rear swingarm. But looking at the engine it is clearly a 125cc (the plastic air-wings and small cylinder) also I believe the X-Road 250 which most have seen in Thailand has a 5-speed gearbox.

The official website from 5R Motor is already taken off the Internet, likely due to copyright violations http://www.5rmotor.com/

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hi Guys,

Does the Pattaya dealer have a website? And does the dealer have more than 2 bike models in the showroom? I only ask, As I have seen the storefront in Bangkok which Tiger/Sachs share.

:)

I don't think so. The people there can hardly speak English. Last I went there, there was 1 pcs 250 boxer 1 pcs Retro & and 1 Pcs G-max (I think) plus some Fino's and some Chinese bikes I don't know about and don't want to know about as they look like chap, he-he.

I like the design, it's low weight but would change the handle bars (rising them 2 inches and narrower for a more upright riding position with less weight on the wrists).

Notice the VIP adventure biker testing the X-Road? What a pleasant surprise to meet Robert of GT Rider fame! Author of the best bike reports I ever came across.

post-7704-1269947049_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1269947231_thumb.jpg

Well, I spoke with an engineer at Tiger and learned that there is also a 150 cc with an engine designed (and produced?? that was not stated) by Moto Morini. (I saw their gearbox 2 decades ago - made like for a tractor, based on dimensions).

What's needed is a comparison test by some bike magazine. The price point is right, when they can stay below the THB 100,000 threshold.

Bikes have their own personalities and they differ - - - a lot. Tastes different priorities differ and the uses will differ.

Ride on,

Chris

The info is incorrect, 5R Motor is a copy manufacturer, the picture is a X-Road 125, with Photoshop'ed rear swingarm. But looking at the engine it is clearly a 125cc (the plastic air-wings and small cylinder) also I believe the X-Road 250 which most have seen in Thailand has a 5-speed gearbox.

The official website from 5R Motor is already taken off the Internet, likely due to copyright violations http://www.5rmotor.com/

spoken yesterday to Tiger Motors...actually 5R is not a Manufacturer but it is just a trading company only(former FYM staff started 5R at the beginning for their liking but later to the dislike of FYM and other Companies)...you're right the picture is the 125 with the plastic wings . The sachs x-road has 5 gears here in thailand .

mbox

Well, I spoke with an engineer at Tiger and learned that there is also a 150 cc with an engine designed (and produced?? that was not stated) by Moto Morini. (I saw their gearbox 2 decades ago - made like for a tractor, based on dimensions).

What's needed is a comparison test by some bike magazine. The price point is right, when they can stay below the THB 100,000 threshold.

Bikes have their own personalities and they differ - - - a lot. Tastes different priorities differ and the uses will differ.

Ride on,

Chris

Yep there is a 150cc too they have a few units there but not available for sale yet. The 150cc has btw a 6th gear while the 250 has 5 gears.

As correction to one of my previous posts as obmx in reply to dave_boo. I came to understand that for the x-road 250 most parts come from abroad ( not thailand ) from factory with strict german QC being done. Other Sachs Bikes such as madass are mostly sourced or made here (in thailand) and is also checked and approved for by Sachs Germany which seem to have some real good relation with Tiger. In fact this is not just down to manufacturing and distribution, but planning and development also.

I look forward to have an x-road 250 for myself ...

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the height of the Sachs X-Road 250, i know one of the guys on the factory visit mentioned it was a little on the small side for him, i am 189cm and would really like one of these for a off-road adventure bike.

Is it a simple case of adjusting the spring? and if so to what degree is possible.

Cheers all,

John.

I have a question regarding the height of the Sachs X-Road 250, i know one of the guys on the factory visit mentioned it was a little on the small side for him, i am 189cm and would really like one of these for a off-road adventure bike.

Is it a simple case of adjusting the spring? and if so to what degree is possible.

Cheers all,

John.

Hi John,

I did try the sachs x-road 250 just a few days after the factory visit. The Bike was set at lowest and this why it may have appeard low...it is a spring adjustment i been told,and probably easiest have it set on medium or hight when ordering it.

At current the X-road is not available but it should be sometime this year...will update when i know more. I hope it is soon as i will get myself one also. :)

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Well, I like the low weight and the good looks. The tank has a metal fold / edge which is a little bit uncomfortable on the knees and I prefer different, narrower and high rise handlebars. For all who live on a dirt road, a capable 100,000 Baht bike is just what the doctor ordered! (Photos taken at the factory visit)

Chris

post-7704-1271593677_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1271593767_thumb.jpg

Well, I like the low weight and the good looks. The tank has a metal fold / edge which is a little bit uncomfortable on the knees and I prefer different, narrower and high rise handlebars. For all who live on a dirt road, a capable 100,000 Baht bike is just what the doctor ordered! (Photos taken at the factory visit)

Chris

Hi chris once you actually ride it, it feels really fine - i haven't actually felt any metalfold edge at all (i was wearing jeans)and the handlebar was fine to my taste ...if i remember correctly you didn't actually ride the x-road on the Factory visit ( neither did i, due to headaches :) ) but i did a few days later :D on the same bike at the factory and felt comfortable even the handlebars, and as for the power that was said by some to be lacking. The first gear may not bring that great torqey feel, but 2nd and 3rd picks up quite nicely....5th gear and i was easily up on 100+kph. Last time i rode a d-tracker was just making 100 kph ( that was at the dealership so it must have been the restricted one)...can't wait to have it available...another parking lot will be filled at home :D . I like the x-road for around town and urban bumpy roads plus some light dirtplay- will be fine for all of this.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox