Bad Luck On Ninja 650r

husskydog

Found this on the kawaforums posted by jungle jon..kudos for sharing jon

5.7km's!!!

Just remembered i had this, thought it might get a laugh out of a few of you....

Had 5.7kms on the bike, on my way home from the dealer - to say i was pissed is an understatement!!!! new tyre - $180............

Jon.

post-53496-1269795464_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...Neat picture but I have a question. That's a Dunlop Sportmax. The Ninja 650R comes with Bridgstone BattlaxBT021's, and the ER6n Dunlop Roadsmarts. What market is jungle jon in. Maybe it's different where he is?

U.S i think, looking at his posts

I once new this turd, a turd is the best way to describe him. He went down to the bike shop to pick up his new roadie (R1) and as he left the workshop on it the salesman told him to take it easy with the new tyres in the wet. The goose knowing everything blew the salesman off, rode down the small laneway at the rear of the shop, turned left onto the main drag, gassed it up and it spat him off :D .........when they got it back to the workshop to assess what parts needed replacing the bike had less than 1km on it :)

I once new this turd, a turd is the best way to describe him. He went down to the bike shop to pick up his new roadie (R1) and as he left the workshop on it the salesman told him to take it easy with the new tyres in the wet. The goose knowing everything blew the salesman off, rode down the small laneway at the rear of the shop, turned left onto the main drag, gassed it up and it spat him off :D .........when they got it back to the workshop to assess what parts needed replacing the bike had less than 1km on it :)

That happens more often than you might think!

Ha ha ha!!!

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Ouch, the new mistress doesn't like him.

That's why I'm soooo gentle to my new Phantom... for the first 10 miles :)

Okay how the hel_l does a plier handle penetrate a tyre!?!?

Edited by Kalyan

That happens more often than you might think!

Ha ha ha!!!

Ride On!

Tony

I've always thought as a somewhat road conditions savvy rider and used to most conditions ol' mother nature could inflict on me. The most humbling, careful riding I have ever done, was back in '87 when my then Kawasaki GPZ1000RX (Aussy spec) was in for some new tyres. First front and second rear. Had it all done, was picking the bike up from the shop and then mother nature decides to open the heavens. Downpour for about an hour. It was getting late so I had to leave (day time on new tyres was better than night time on new tyres). The bike shop boys yell out 'be careful'. I look back 'yeah, no sh*t'. I made it home in one peace but it was fun going around corners and trying to stop carefully with low siding myself by washing the front end out. Had a few nervous twitches, but I feel part of it was me being a bit stiff on the bike and not being overly trusting in the new rubber. I am definitely more comfortable on new rubber there days, but then again I have a lot more road miles under my belt. I'll never let my guard down though :-)

Real easy to laugh at him, but lets face it literbikes and cold tyres, they can be squirrelly as fuc_k.

I know right now, with these oily dusty roads, if I go out and am on short hops and am not getting the tyres up to temps, its all too easy to be playing 'super speedway' if your heavy with the throttle.. Learning to roll on gently and treat it with total respect is just a part of the sport bike deal even on good tyres on a dry day.