Good Travel Agent To Buy Bus Tckets

thaiswimmer

You dont need agents you can do it all yourself.

Go and buy yourself a ticket to Bangkok’s Southern Terminal Station which you can purchase at the ticket office at the Pattaya bus station on Pattaya north road (Pattaya Nua)

By bus - Bangkok to Phuket

Intercity and public bus is one of the cheapest ways to take you to Phuket.

Buses leave daily and directly to Phuket from Bangkok’s Southern Terminal Station. Both air-conditioned and non air-conditioned buses are provided, and of course the price is different. The overnight buses are the most popular choice since they are comfortable. The approximate duration is 12-14 hours. For more information, call 0-2435-1199, 0-2435-1200, 0-2434-7192, 0-2434-5557-8 or visit www.transport.co.th.

You can always fly but it's not cheap when you add-on the cost of rip-off taxi fares at both ends.

Pattaya Utapao flight schedules: http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com/PattayatoPhuket.htm

If you go by the public bus network, you will get large air-con buses that are comfortable and relatively cheap. The VIP class is the best.

If you go with privately organised bus companies, you will get mini buses with up to 16 people in them, some times changing bus as you change province.

I would recommend the larger and usually cheaper option, as the drivers seem to need less Red Bull to keep driving, and you get a change of driver more often. The quality of driver does very a lot, but having caught buses from Hut Yai to Udon Thani and many places between, the larger long distance buses are usually the better option.

I'd never use a travel agent in LOS if I could do it direct. Don't trust any of them after many bad experiences.

As above, go to the South bus station in Bangkok. You could combine it with a day out in Bkk.

I'd also never go on a private bus if I can avoid it. They are rubbish, in my experience, and also have a high incidence of theft from bags in the luggage compartment.

There's 2 different VIP set ups. one has 3 seats across, and the seats lie almost flat. Expensive.

The other has 4 seats across, but less seats in total than the regular bus. I can't sleep on the bus anyway, so don't use the 3 seat across version.

Unless you're Thai size, don't take the seats directly behind the stairs, as there's no leg room.

I also don't recommend the very front seats, as in the event of an accident, you're through the window.

I'd never use a travel agent in LOS if I could do it direct. Don't trust any of them after many bad experiences.

As above, go to the South bus station in Bangkok. You could combine it with a day out in Bkk.

I'd also never go on a private bus if I can avoid it. They are rubbish, in my experience, and also have a high incidence of theft from bags in the luggage compartment.

There's 2 different VIP set ups. one has 3 seats across, and the seats lie almost flat. Expensive.

The other has 4 seats across, but less seats in total than the regular bus. I can't sleep on the bus anyway, so don't use the 3 seat across version.

Unless you're Thai size, don't take the seats directly behind the stairs, as there's no leg room.

I also don't recommend the very front seats, as in the event of an accident, you're through the window.

i just went to the bus station in pattaya,with the usual language barrier..i know about 7 standard survival phases in thai but it looks like i can get a bus directly from pattaya to the southern terminal. is that right? how long does it take if i left pattaya about 12 noon? i am just gonna try to get a vip bus when i get there..i wonder if there will be seats available as a walk on?or can i buy a vip ticket at the pattaya bus station? thanks again to all!!!

i just went to the bus station in pattaya,with the usual language barrier..i know about 7 standard survival phases in thai but it looks like i can get a bus directly from pattaya to the southern terminal. is that right? how long does it take if i left pattaya about 12 noon? i am just gonna try to get a vip bus when i get there..i wonder if there will be seats available as a walk on?or can i buy a vip ticket at the pattaya bus station? thanks again to all!!!

Yes, last time I went there was a direct bus to the Bangkok South Bus Station. Takes about 3 hours.

The overnight buses usually leave from about 7pm on. If you can't get seats from one company, there are a few different companies going to Phuket. If no luck direct to Phuket, you could go to Krabi, and get a local bus from there to Phuket, or even take the ferry.

If travelling on a public holiday you have little chance of getting a ticket on the day, but most other times if you go early enough should be OK.

Don't think you can get the ticket in Pattaya bus station, but I've never tried.

Yes, last time I went there was a direct bus to the Bangkok South Bus Station. Takes about 3 hours.

The overnight buses usually leave from about 7pm on. If you can't get seats from one company, there are a few different companies going to Phuket. If no luck direct to Phuket, you could go to Krabi, and get a local bus from there to Phuket, or even take the ferry.

If travelling on a public holiday you have little chance of getting a ticket on the day, but most other times if you go early enough should be OK.

Don't think you can get the ticket in Pattaya bus station, but I've never tried.

If you've never been overnight intercity bus before, it's a bit adventurous, especially trying to work out where you're supposed to eat ( follow the other passengers ) and indeed, what you're eating at the midnight restaurant stop. Of course, being a THAI rather than a tourist bus service no one speaks English! Just make sure you know your bus number ( as there's lots of buses stop same place ) and where it is ( they all look the same ), and check with the bus "hostess" how long before the bus leaves again ( and of course, don't leave any money, valuables on the bus ).

Just a final warning. It can be very cold on the bus, so I always keep an extra shirt with me.

Personally, I love travelling on the Thai buses, as it's often the only time I'm not in the tourist sector, and can experience a bit of Thai culture.

Edited by thaibeachlovers