Best Usd Account With Thai Bank

Any personal recommendations please gentlemen?

I would be receiving USD from abroad at least once a month, usually not more than 20k at any one time (have heard 20k is the magic number whereby you need to alert the bank or go through hassles?)

I would like to hold it in USD with minimal charges, fees, etc and have a card for ATM withdrawls

It would also help to be able to send this to international banks without massive charges.

Does anyone have a similar situation and have advice to share? Thanks

I have a US$ and GBP account with UOB and HSBC fees are low but I don't think ATM card is available at least I have never been offered one

I have USD account with KBank and I can't use the ATM either. I can transfer to my regular Thai saving account and then I can use my ATM as normal. I don't pay any fees unless I transfer it back to overseas (1% charge)

Edited by givenall

Kasikorn Bank have nice internet banking. You can receive fund from abroad by SWIFT and transfer money to abroad using internet banking too.

i have same bank can i set up internet banking from here in the UK or go into branch while im thailnd?

After some further investigation it turns out the Kbank branch on sukhumvit 21 does this for foreigners without a work permit so long as they have an apartment/condo contract in their name and a passport.

foreigners who don't have a passport are rejected :)