Travel Agent For Flight-help

davelec

Need to book a flight paying cash so went to three agents today, but not impressed with any of them as they none could give me the cheapest price Bkk-UK return. Can anyone recommend an agent who knows what they are talking about?

Here is my experience today:

Go to agent at emporium 3rd floor which sounds like a TV station ask for cheapest price, girl tells me 42k, give her the name of an airline I think is cheaper and I get 32k, girl looks very pissed off so went to their other office on 2nd floor of central chit lom asked for cheapest price-38k when I say that's too much get another price of 36k, when I ask about the airline I gave the emporuim office she says she does not think that is cheaper (without checking) so I ask her why she thinks 36k is cheaper than 32K and just get that look. Go to a third agent near home and the cheapest price there is 38500, ask about the cheaper airline and it's 32k so I say OK i'll book. lady says it's all booked up (plenty of seats two hours before) so I ask when is the first available date to which she replies it's booked up all the time. jeez there must be an agent who will give me the right info even in Bangkok, but where?

Hello, welcome to Thailand. I have no idea why they do this it has happened to several people, they are just too lazy to look probably in the middle of a soapy or eat time.

If you need to leave in the next few days, I suggest you go to Airport and ask at airline counters Air Asia have flights to London and are cheap, you will not get one cheaper because it is with an Agent but you will get better service and possibly price.

Hello, welcome to Thailand. I have no idea why they do this it has happened to several people, they are just too lazy to look probably in the middle of a soapy or eat time.

If you need to leave in the next few days, I suggest you go to Airport and ask at airline counters Air Asia have flights to London and are cheap, you will not get one cheaper because it is with an Agent but you will get better service and possibly price.

Not in a hurry, might try Asia, they have a kiosk in tesco On Nut, Bkk-Lon does not show up on their website though.

AirAsia flies KL-LON but don't know about BKK->LON.

Yes you can get the prices to KL and then Lon on the site, works out at over 36k though so not that cheap for a rock bottom carrier. Few weeks ago you could get 29k on Qatar, not now, it's about 38k.

I went to that one in the Emporium for a Cathay Pacific flight to Singapore, I told them the Cathay website price in the hope they could undercut, no they have all gone so she offerred me a Thai or Singapore flight at twice the price. I reminded her that they were available online, she "checked again" - no all gone.

I went home and booked it online.

I really don't know how these companies stay in business if they really cannot be bothered, but they must know their business model.

Have you tried the forums sponsors?

I went to that one in the Emporium for a Cathay Pacific flight to Singapore, I told them the Cathay website price in the hope they could undercut, no they have all gone so she offerred me a Thai or Singapore flight at twice the price. I reminded her that they were available online, she "checked again" - no all gone.

I went home and booked it online.

I really don't know how these companies stay in business if they really cannot be bothered, but they must know their business model.

Have you tried the forums sponsors?

ha ha yes sounds the same place, not tried the sponsors as I thought they were all cc booking and I don't have one and the offices are too far from me, I'll have another look though.

not tried the sponsors as I thought they were all cc booking and I don't have one and the offices are too far from me, I'll have another look though.

Think they prefer cash, also try the ads in the Bangkok Post, I have used them, you can pay the cash into their bank account and they will email or courier the ticket to you.

check out 'thaifly' just google it in and you should get their web page. They advertise London from 24,500 bt. Dont know if that includes taxes or not but i have used this mob before and they were good. Regards TD

No that will not include the enormous taxes involved these days. I booked on jet for 31k with mox travel in the end, they had the cheapest price and a lot less hassle that trying to get some decent service from travel agents, they are a waste of time here. Last time I used an agent here I paid and the lady said come back in two hours for ticket, went back, she has gone home and nobody knew anything about it-she never booked it!

I flew with Sri Lankan a few years back and both flights were delayed. Outward was only a couple hours but the return was over 6 hrs. That would also have meant I would miss the connection to BKK and a stay in Sri Lanka. As I had to get back to work they managed to get me on a BA direct flight so they weren't all bad.

Hey did you manage to find a cheapish flight? I've been looking for the last week flying from either Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok and I can't find any flights for less than £680 back to the UK. Flights from the UK to Bangkok return are around £500 so I'm struggling to see why its so much more for possibly the same flights leaving from Asia. Need to go back in June... will keep looking :)