Advise Divorce

rubl

Anybody out there who can give advice regarding (Thai) divorce procedures and possible pitfalls. My wife is Thai, self Dutch, legally married, but it seems not much longer. Any advice welcom, name of trustworthy lawer also.

From what info. I have got,For just a divorce,You need to go to the amphur where you have your marriage registered and both present,tell them you want a divorce and it is over then.

But if both don't agree on a divorce or there are property settlements then you need a lawyer.

I do not know any lawyers and I do not trust any of them,here or anywhere else in the world.There is no such thing as a trustworthy lawyer..

I do not trust any of them,here or anywhere else in the world.There is no such thing as a trustworthy lawyer..

Bandits in suits.

Rubl.

Don't try to involve lawyers. It gets very messy and at the end of the day only the lawyer wins. In Thailand, women gemerally have a fewer privelages than men and find it extremely difficult to get recompense aseasily as they would in the western world. For example if she gets married and then divorced she must still keep the Mrs title even if she changes her surname back.

Some insight can be found here

http://www.journ.freeserve.co.uk/thai/thai2.html

Here is an excerpt.

A similar inequality is seen in divorce law. The Family Law provides two channels for divorce. For a consent divorce, the couple can register the divorce in any registry office. A judicial divorce, however, involves the filing of a lawsuit based on the grounds of divorce provided in Article 1516. There are ten grounds of divorce, nine of them applying equally to husbands and wives. The first ground clearly reflects unequal socio-legal expectations and unequal treatment. Under this provision, a husband can sue his wife on the grounds of adultery while a woman cannot use these grounds against her husband. She must prove that her husband has provided maintenance or honored another woman as his wife. (This provision was only added in 1974. Before that time women had no rights in this area.)