Help For Non-immigrant Visa

Sawatdee krap.

Hello everyone.

My question refers to the one year non-immigrant (multiple-entry) visa, type 0.

I am 47 years old, living in Pennsylvania, USA. I am in deferred retirement from teaching here in states. So I am basically retired at 47 years of age.

I am too young for the Retirement visa (type O-A).

I bought a 4 million baht condo in Jomtien two years ago.

About 9 months ago, I received the one-year Multiple-entry Non-Immigrant visa, (type 0) from the Thai Consulate in New York, by mail.

Literally, I had to jump hurdles to get the visa. On the visa application form, for reason for visiting Thailand, I wrote "to live in my condo."

The Thai consulate asked me to provide more information to them:

1. Letter from Teacher's retirement showing that I am in deferred retirment and won't receive any pension until 60 years of age).

2. Bank statement from USA bank showing large amount of money.

3. Condo chanot papers from Pattaya.

4. How I am earning a living right now, part-time musician.

5. Bank account in Thailand.

Questions:

1. Since I am from east coast, USA, must I go through the New York consulate, or can I apply by mail to the HOUSTON Honorary Consulate?

I have heard that it is much easier to get one year visa from Houston Honorary Consulate, than from New York (seems like NY doesn't really care, when calling, they hang up, don't answer e-mails, require you to call long-distance, etc.).

2. Can I get one year non-immigrant, multiple entry (type 0) from Penang? What paperwork do I need to show them to get this visa? Would using the visa company services in Penang give me a better chance of getting this visa than going alone to the Penang consulate?

Would owning a 4 million baht condo be enough? How much money would be required to have in Thai bank?

I would not be working in Thailand, just living the simple life in Jomtien.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Khup Khun Krap.

Edited by wrestler7902002