Thaksin - From Russia With Love

webfact

Thailand is a multi-tiered society. There are different laws for us than there are for people like the Shinawats.

Two cases in point:

A. If you or I were to go out of customs with several very large suitcases, bulging at the seams, chances are we'd get checked - to see whether there was something awry.

If a Shinawat goes near a Customs counter in Thailand with a long row of bulging suitcases, all the officials there just smile and wai.

P.S. when the Shinawats were transporting dozens of overstuffed baggage out of Thai airports, they did not have immunity, as the former caretaker PM (Thaksin) had already been put out of office. In a legal sense, they were civilians. Similarly, when they went to annul their marriage at the Thai consulate in HK, they should have been arrested on the spot - as fugitives fleeing arrest.

B. If you or I were to try to transfer hundreds of millions of baht out of a Thai bank (from an account which had been frozen by the government!), chances are some bank or gov't officials would take serious notice - particularly re; legalities. If a Shinawat did the same, he/she would be treated with smiles and wais.

Edited by brahmburgers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an excellent link to consider lannarebirth, thanks.

Gazprom, Thaksin, Cambodia, Dubai, Bahrain etc etc......oh, excuse me, just connecting some dots.

Real James Bond stuff... Does Taksin have a white cat by any chance??

I recall he was thinking about buying an island. That's a good start. :)

According to the Nation, there is also the small matter of some debts to Gazprom for him to settle...

From Russia with love to a financial debacle

By Thanong Khanthong

The Nation

Published on January 15, 2010

It now emerges that Thaksin indeed is facing financial difficulties. He has borrowed money from Gazprombank, a subsidiary of Russian energy giant Gazprom, and is now having a tough time servicing the debt.

The amount of the loan he took from Gazprombank is not known, but it could be to the tune of US$1.5 billion.

Thaksin used this money to invest in Dubai. As we all know, Dubai is facing a financial meltdown. Dubai World, the state-owned corporation, is seeking a delay of payment in its debt, which amounts to $59 billion. Thaksin is facing huge losses after his foray into the Dubai market.

The Russian state owns about 50 per cent of Gazprom, a global energy company that focuses on geological exploration, production, transportation, storage, processing and marketing of gas and other hydrocarbons, as well as electric power and heat energy production and distribution. Gazprom is Russia's equivalent of Thailand's PTT Plc, but bigger.

Yes this all crossed my mind earlier.

Gone to pay some debts and some lip service too?

He never said NEW investments in Thailand, it could just be

debt servicing to some big boys who don't mess around.

It strikes me that if you join all the dots with Taksin, Gazprom and Cambodia, You end up with a simple conclusion - Taksin gets cozy with Gazprom (finacially - 1.5 billion dollar loan / backhander) on the proviso that on his return he can influence government officials - both here and in Cambodia - that will allow Gazprom to exploit the gas / oil reserves in the Gulf of Thailand.

And that may explain why the Government backed out of the MoU with Cambodia, they knew more than we do, thus scuppering Taksin plans and leading to him to pay back debts, with money currently frozen...the result Reds on the street in a final desperate act.

Obviously this is pure speculation.

But if true taksin may well be on a very sticky wicket.

Quite plausible speculations certainly.

Thaksin has no love affair with Hun Sen, but they WOULD have a mutually beneficial

access to pretty big Gas/Oil reserves, IF Thaksin can get back in control of Thailand and do the deal.

Hun Sen is somewhat hamstrung to do it alone without Thailand on board, between border issues

and over all cost to profit ratios IF Thailand makes demarcation issues etc,

and since he is far from on good terms with a more honest government,

he needs to help Thaksin.

So if Thaksin made loans based on speculation than PPP could get him back in and IT DIDN'T,

then he desperation must be growing if he can't wrestle the controls back and close the deal.

I don't imagine being in debt to Gazprom... is a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Russian Oil/Gas Oligarchy = Real Hard Ball Players.

Edited by animatic

"Meanwhile, the Department of Special Investigation is to investigate whether Panthongtae and Pinthongta Shinawatra have withdrawn almost Bt1 billion from their frozen bank accounts in defiance of the law.

Tharid Phengdit, director-general of the department, said he had received a letter from the Revenue Department claiming the two children of Thaksin had taken the money from the frozen accounts.

The Revenue Department wants to know whether the withdrawal is legal."

How does ione withdraw money from a FORZEN account?

I always was led to believe a FROZEN accoun is just that FROZEN and no money can be withdrawn>>

Exactly, so this says the account isn't frozen. After the court ruled that Thaksin would lose about half his 76 billion

I would think that the remainder would be immediately available and no longer frozen.

Taksin knows there are many Russian Mafias in Thailand, specially Pattaya where it is one of the largest redshirts supporters come from. This maybe a new business called "Terrorism" instead of Tourism.

Can you show an evidence of that?

One single report, one single article or related about that?

Tez tour is the biggest russian tour operator in the world, they start to work in Thailand 3 yrs ago...from that date everibody see a lot of russian end start the story about russian mafia.

If you go in south pattaya soi 18 19 and around what do you say? the islamic jihad is in pattaya?

or just 3-4 ugly russian lady walk around for you mean russian mafia is here?

Oceano, with respect, you are in Italy, and we some of us are certainly in Thailand.

I can assure you there is Russian mob activity here.

I have one or two Russian friends here and they confirm this.

I make efforts to avoid being in the vicinity of those other guys... if at all possible.

Rather tactless & in poor taste, to travel to a city on the very day it is in mourning over a tragic double bombing the day before, when you yourself are the advocate, funder & protagonist of bombings against civilians in an armed insurgency in your home nation.

Tact & humilty & respect were never his strong points though.

rather tactless to instrumentalise innocent victims for your hate speech.

the 'reds' you like to paint as uncivilised cavemen and sub-humans are an anti-coup movement. citizen resistance. being more civil isn't possible and they are the only group but there are many of them.

Truly amazing! I received an e-mail this morning, complete with pictures, about a school in Surin desperately in need of assistance. They are begging for any donation, however small. All this money being wasted in Bangkok on a daily basis when so much good could be done.

If anyone is interested in helping this school please send me a private message and I shall forward the e-mail., many thanks!

Please forward the e-mail to Thaksin. Thanks for your effort

Gazprom, Thaksin, Cambodia, Dubai, Bahrain etc etc......oh, excuse me, just connecting some dots.

You have quite the imagination :) . I'd suggest you not let it run too much farther however. :D

Lemme know what Wiki might have to say about Thaksin and cats. I know Deng Xiao Peng famously said of his communist critics of market economics, "It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice."

So as you're so curious, let us know if Thaksin has a cat and what philosophical statements Thaksin might have to say about cats and Thai sociopolitics....on second thought..........stop trying to waste my time.

What the heck as catching mice, communist critics and sociopolitics got to do with anything. The white cat was reference to James Bonds evil arch enemy SPECTRE who were always trying for world domination through various scheme and plots.

the 'reds' you like to paint as uncivilised cavemen and sub-humans are an anti-coup movement. citizen resistance. being more civil isn't possible and they are the only group but there are many of them.

Please point to a single time a reputable member has used these words to describe the red shirts.

This is pointless hyperbole and demagogy, the refuge of those that have run out of reasonable, fact based arguments.

TH

You have quite the imagination :) . I'd suggest you not let it run too much farther however. :D

Lemme know what Wiki might have to say about Thaksin and cats. I know Deng Xiao Peng famously said of his communist critics of market economics, "It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice."

So as you're so curious, let us know if Thaksin has a cat and what philosophical statements Thaksin might have to say about cats and Thai sociopolitics....on second thought..........stop trying to waste my time.

What the heck as catching mice, communist critics and sociopolitics got to do with anything. The white cat was reference to James Bonds evil arch enemy SPECTRE who were always trying for world domination through various scheme and plots.

Since you don't know I know your reference, and that I was going beyond it by dealing with real people in real places pursuing real things like money and greed, take a good look at this Goldfinger.

Since you don't know I know your reference, and that I was going beyond it by dealing with real people in real places pursuing real things like money and greed, take a good look at this Goldfinger.

Why's your finger gold. Where have you been hiding it???

Why's your finger gold. Where have you been hiding it???

ESL Maths lesson for delinquent boys:

Teacher: How many fingers do you see?

Wiseass Student: Three

Teacher: How many do you see now?

Wiseass Student: One.

:)

so, the bank is also "in on the corruption" too!!!

if an account is frozen, then its locked!!!

the very fact that money can be withdrawn shows illegal activity by the bank!!

so now everyone can see how corrupt the bank is too!! (probably paid a few people a lot of money to release the funds).

I'm no thaksin lover, but thats beside the point.

Your so quick to rush to an assumption that 'the bank' has done something illegal.

Do you really think that banks are going to break banking regulation / orders from various courts etc?

Wonder whether you might like to see some details before making such a strong assumption.

Hope DL tasks one of his minions, with keeping an eye on his briefcase, this visit ! :D

:) that was a funny episode, wasn't it?

Especially doesn't want to have his Montenegrin or Nicaraguan passport stolen this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Thai Premier Robbed at McDonald's

Moscow Times

28 May 2007

Thailand's globe-trotting deposed leader, Thaksin Shinawatra, garnered an academic honor by visiting Moscow last week, but lost thousands of dollars and his passport when he stopped at a McDonald's in the city center.

Thaksin had entrusted his briefcase to an aide sitting at a nearby table as they had a meal, said his lawyer, Noppadol Pattama.

When they got up to leave, the briefcase, with Thaksin's passport and about US$9,200 in US and Russian currency, had been snatched.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article...lds/196760.html

so, the bank is also "in on the corruption" too!!!

if an account is frozen, then its locked!!!

the very fact that money can be withdrawn shows illegal activity by the bank!!

so now everyone can see how corrupt the bank is too!! (probably paid a few people a lot of money to release the funds).

I'm no thaksin lover, but thats beside the point.

Your so quick to rush to an assumption that 'the bank' has done something illegal.

Do you really think that banks are going to break banking regulation / orders from various courts etc?

Wonder whether you might like to see some details before making such a strong assumption.

That is always assuming the "courts" were able to identify ALL of the accounts with Shinawtra names on them. Whatever did happen to the maid and the driver anyway?

When sums involved are in the billions of baht, a few stray notes might just fall off the table of course.

To Easy : Have you ever encountered anything in Thailand that absolutely cannot be done only to be able to be done after a little discussion? These people work in banks, they know where Switzerland is better than most.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Please point to a single time a reputable member has used these words to describe the red shirts.

This is pointless hyperbole and demagogy, the refuge of those that have run out of reasonable, fact based arguments.

TH

so what have the bombings in Moscow in common with the red shirts in bangkok?

sorry, hyperbole and demagogy you can find in the remarks of this members. all the time with the same pattern and systematic.. good vs. evil. high vs. low. 'the raw and the cooked'. some innocent victim, a decent person, a superior Abhisit, a self declared art expert and so on are juxtapose some horror stories and rants about the inferior red mob who throws grenades and blood buckets all the time at innocent bystanders and burns down the city. that is pure hate speech. every post is full of phobia, xenophobia and a superiority complex. i don't lot of insults and rants you can read here at this board. people are emotional and not everybody got a good education. but this rhetoric has a special quality. Julius Streicher couldn't have done it better.

2 examples:

on the subject of blood rituals:

I do artworks to sell, since 1982, and to be honest you can make more of an captivating & hard-hitting drawing using pencils than you can with congealed plasma.Its just another step back away from civilisation. Even cavemen used multi-coloured pigments and crystals to produce powerful art.Topic: Drawings By Human Blood

besides that you have works with blood in modern art too, the western "civilisation" worship(ed) carvings and paintings of a tortured dude nailed on a cross, while drinking his blood and eat pieces of his flesh. how you explain that to an outsider, a stranger from an other culture, who comes the first time ever in his life into a church?

or the imaginary friend and the red monsters

"One of my Thai friends who was born and raised in Bangkok, and works with international investment firms there, telephoned me last night in tears because she said she was so embarrased to speak to her foreign clients today, she felt this blood incident made her look like she was part of some barbaric race. Her words.

Its so sad, I've never met any of these loonies with the blood buckets etc. but I have met hundreds of professional and smart Thais who all get tarnished by this." Protests Turn Bloody -- But Not Violent

reasonable? fact based arguments?

The stuff that ends up in one's Inbox:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/khmerintelligence/message/722

I have no idea if these are credible assertions, but it's out there.

An apparent rebuttal from Cambodia about Mr. Raimsy's statements. Selling the country. I thought Thai politician's had a monopoly on that one.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...a-30126011.html

Cambodia's opposition leader accused of "betraying Cambodia"
"The betraying opposition party leader Sam Rainsy has colluded with Thailand and sold himself to Thailand to let Thais invade Cambodia," Chea Dara was quoted as saying.

TH

so what have the bombings in Moscow in common with the red shirts in bangkok?

sorry, hyperbole and demagogy you can find in the remarks of this members. all the time with the same pattern and systematic.. good vs. evil. high vs. low. 'the raw and the cooked'. some innocent victim, a decent person, a superior Abhisit, a self declared art expert and so on are juxtapose some horror stories and rants about the inferior red mob who throws grenades and blood buckets all the time at innocent bystanders and burns down the city. that is pure hate speech. every post is full of phobia, xenophobia and a superiority complex. i don't lot of insults and rants you can read here at this board. people are emotional and not everybody got a good education. but this rhetoric has a special quality. Julius Streicher couldn't have done it better.

2 examples:

on the subject of blood rituals:

I do artworks to sell, since 1982, and to be honest you can make more of an captivating & hard-hitting drawing using pencils than you can with congealed plasma.Its just another step back away from civilisation. Even cavemen used multi-coloured pigments and crystals to produce powerful art.Topic: Drawings By Human Blood

besides that you have works with blood in modern art too, the western "civilisation" worship(ed) carvings and paintings of a tortured dude nailed on a cross, while drinking his blood and eat pieces of his flesh. how you explain that to an outsider, a stranger from an other culture, who comes the first time ever in his life into a church?

or the imaginary friend and the red monsters

"One of my Thai friends who was born and raised in Bangkok, and works with international investment firms there, telephoned me last night in tears because she said she was so embarrased to speak to her foreign clients today, she felt this blood incident made her look like she was part of some barbaric race. Her words.

Its so sad, I've never met any of these loonies with the blood buckets etc. but I have met hundreds of professional and smart Thais who all get tarnished by this." Protests Turn Bloody -- But Not Violent

reasonable? fact based arguments?

Yes, that new poster does have a tendency to get carried away. But for most here we do not use the characterizations that you seem to want to put on everyone.

Oh, did you ever answer my response to about Yongyuth and how your own source used him as an example of enforcement of voting fraud during the 2007 election?

TH

Taksin knows there are many Russian Mafias in Thailand, specially Pattaya where it is one of the largest redshirts supporters come from. This maybe a new business called "Terrorism" instead of Tourism.

It does not really matter if you are know by mafia or associated with them; they are there for their packet only and have no loyalties to anyone except themselves. The mafia does more than Thaksin’s worth business in Thailand

Do you think they will work with a man who is washed out?

They'll be happy to take his money. Whats he going to do, sic Jatuporn or Weng on them? He's fooling with people he shouldn't be. It will be interesting to see how his African diamond mines work out :)

It does not really matter if you are know by mafia or associated with them; they are there for their packet only and have no loyalties to anyone except themselves. The mafia does more than Thaksin's worth business in Thailand

Do you think they will work with a man who is washed out?

They'll be happy to take his money. Whats he going to do, sic Jatuporn or Weng on them? He's fooling with people he shouldn't be. It will be interesting to see how his African diamond mines work out :D

Yeh, the blood diamond people and the guys in the stretch limos in Moscow ain't from Issan. :)

When Thanksin was PM he spoke to the world as if the world were from Issan. I think we may have our problem solved for us before too much longer. :D

To: Mr Thaksin, Russia.

Subject: Crime evasion & telling 'porkies' via the media.

Dear trouble maker lying, thieving prospective dictator convicted criminal Mr Thaksin,

We have two words for you: Christopher Skase.

We fully expect that when your 'support' draws to an end, you will suffer a debilitating disease/condition, which you hope will delay/cancel your extradition to your country of origin for the purpose of carrying out 'the people's justice' upon you.

In the meantime, the M.I.T. will use all the current censorship laws & procedures to block all messages to your paid up puppets followers, since your messages only seem to incite violence plus economic & civil disruption in Thailand.

We hope you like vodka. We will NOT be sending you any Sangsom or Chang beer as we feel that this may aid in the possible deterioration of your current excellent health.

Faithfully not yours but nonetheless looking forward to your ultimate return (in chains &/or a wheelchair if necessary),

The Thai government.

PS. Don't think about trying to sneak 'home' in a Russian submarine...you know what happened to the Kursk (K-141)!!!

Maybe you could invest in a Russian football team or a vodka factory whilst you are still able to be there? We think 'Shinawatski' is a catchy name for the vodka label.

Edited by elkangorito

Can you show an evidence of that?

One single report, one single article or related about that?

Tez tour is the biggest russian tour operator in the world, they start to work in Thailand 3 yrs ago...from that date everibody see a lot of russian end start the story about russian mafia.

If you go in south pattaya soi 18 19 and around what do you say? the islamic jihad is in pattaya?

or just 3-4 ugly russian lady walk around for you mean russian mafia is here?

Oceano, with respect, you are in Italy, and we some of us are certainly in Thailand.

I can assure you there is Russian mob activity here.

I have one or two Russian friends here and they confirm this.

I make efforts to avoid being in the vicinity of those other guys... if at all possible.

No I live in pattaya, for that I answer, after 8 yrs here i see the difference, but beliveme i see the russian in egypt same story tez tour, full of russian the last 7 yrs, some lady around and everibody said" russian mafia come!!"

I dont see like in hother country were i see the real mafia( im an expert like all italian born un the south of Italy) the deal for them, not so much money around and strong control from people and police.

you know you're greedy beyond belief when you take out frozen funds! Even if they took out the money just prior to any hearing, it shows they're asking for punishment. This family is beyond belief. Funny how the travel focus is always on money, money and more money..investments. I'm sure its all catching up to them though. Money can't buy you happiness when you're always on the run! From the looks of those videos and the bags under his eyes, he has to know there'll be consequences carryin' on like this.

^don't doubt he could go to england if he decided to stop his phone-in(s). However doubt he will do so. :D

“Where in the world is a single-party government called a dictatorship? What's wrong with it when people have faith in me?”

Thaksin Shinawatra - fugitive and criminal.

:)

"In my country we go to prison first and then become President".

Nelson Mandela - Nobel Prize winner - World statesman