Good Story About Motorcycle Taxis

craigt3365

I met a gentleman last night who had his bag snatched on Pattaya Tai 2 days ago. He is in his 70's and was walking over to the gym. A young Thai guy came up from behind him and took his bag. It had his workout clothes, cell phone and wallet.

He yelled as the guy ran across the street and many shop owners ran out to see what was going on and to provide help. Apparently, one got the attention of some of the nearby scooter taxi drivers. They chased this guy down and held him until the police arrived.

All worked out well, but he had to laugh as 6 police officers showed up. And he was sad he didn't get his picture taken at the station with him pointing at the culprit.

So, some good things do happen here in Pattaya!

Good story with happy ending :)

You can read in the differnt local news that MC taxi's and bath bus drivers many times help catch these thieves, as they probably realize that it wont do Pattaya any good if they get away with it.

Saw the other day in Naklua road, two tourist lady's taking MC taxi's and the drivers shoved the lady's how to keep their hand bags in front of them and not on the side.

I think the guys (and girls, seeing more and more ladies recently) working taxi ranks get a bad rap. Most I've met have been kindhearted and fun loving. Also witnessed on two occassions when there was an accident nearby, they ran to help the person, get the bike out of the road, even sweep the debris out of the street. Good people. :)

Been useing them for year's, never had a problem only with there speed, got the answer to that one though. I just tell them If they drive slowly they get a tip, quick strait money, work's every time. Just one time I had to tell him he could do more than one kilo an hour.

Been useing them for year's, never had a problem only with there speed, got the answer to that one though. I just tell them If they drive slowly they get a tip, quick strait money, work's every time. Just one time I had to tell him he could do more than one kilo an hour.

I have had some bad experiences with motorcycles in the past. Including some bad wrecks...so avoid them whenever I can. But did take one after the Pattaya International Music Festival. I knew I would be drinking and didn't want to drive. What a wild ride. It was actually kinda fun...but I was in another state of mind....

I'll keep your advice in mind the next time I take one...great recommendation!