Cafe Sicilia, New In Bang Saray

Kees5

Late last year a big new Italian restaurant opened in Bang Saray (BS is about 20 km south of Pattaya, direction Sattahip, turn right at the lights on Sukhumvit.).

It closed after about 3 months. It had nice food, but by village standards, it was a bit pricy.

Now, one month ago, a new Italain rstaurant opened almost immdeiately next to it. But this is a small one, named Cafe Sicilia, run by husband and wife team. Husband is Sicilian born, and appears to do most of the cooking, his wife is Thai from Petchbun, and waits the tables.

We think the food is excellent. We have eaten there now three times in 2 weeks, once bringing a friend. Each and every dish was delicious, freshly made, from high quality ingredients. The bruschettas were great, simple but good flavours. My Seafood pasta was so good I had it again next time.

The prices are very reasonable, the wine choice so far limited but OK (There is a bottle shop across the road, if they don't have your favourite drink, they'll go and buy it there.

The service is friendly, the ambiacne simple but OK.

I think it is a great little addition to our dining options in this village.

Location: Coming from Pattaya, BS is about 20 km south of Pattaya, direction Sattahip, turn right at the lights on Sukhumvit, onto a road leading into the village and towards the beach. About 300 m past the lights, a roundabout, follow the main road into the village. Another 300m the market on the right, then Cafe Sicilia is the fourth shop on your right.