Doing A 'weng'

webfact

Dr Weng (of reds): "What we want is real democracy for Thais and constitutional monarchy such as in the UK. I never agreed with Thaksin on everything, but his was an elected government. We got a coup and independent agencies appointed by coup leaders. Army C-in-C Anupong refused to enforce a state of emergency under Samak and also when the government under Somchai asked for military to help guard the airport, the military just stepped aside idly. However, now Anupong sends troops to the temple for Abhisit.

The military helped you to become PM. This outside influence means you have become part of the ammat (aristocrat) system. An election gives power back to the people. The military budget increased dramatically after the coup [bP: from 80 billion to 140 billion]. The military gained too much power."

Per Bangkok Pundit, this is what he said during one of the televised "debates".

Does not seem so unreasonable to me and hardly deserving of all the scorn being directed at him on this thread.

I think he makes a couple of points worthy of consideration.

philw

May be thats the problem, that he ONLY makes a couple worthy points while other million points are far from being worthy :)

Can you name / quote the other "million unworthy " ??

i double dog dare you...........

No i can not. have other, better things to do than to listen to him all day long- may be you do NOT.

Clearly his "worthy" points were not good enough, WERE THEY? Otherwise his name would not turn into a new word.WOULD IT?

Edited by kuffki

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr Weng (of reds): "What we want is real democracy for Thais and constitutional monarchy such as in the UK. I never agreed with Thaksin on everything, but his was an elected government. We got a coup and independent agencies appointed by coup leaders. Army C-in-C Anupong refused to enforce a state of emergency under Samak and also when the government under Somchai asked for military to help guard the airport, the military just stepped aside idly. However, now Anupong sends troops to the temple for Abhisit.

The military helped you to become PM. This outside influence means you have become part of the ammat (aristocrat) system. An election gives power back to the people. The military budget increased dramatically after the coup [bP: from 80 billion to 140 billion]. The military gained too much power."

Per Bangkok Pundit, this is what he said during one of the televised "debates".

Does not seem so unreasonable to me and hardly deserving of all the scorn being directed at him on this thread.

philw

May be thats the problem, that he ONLY makes a couple worthy points while other million points are far from being worthy :)

Can you name / quote the other "million unworthy " ??

i double dog dare you...........

No i can not. have other, better things to do than to listen to him all day long- may be you do.

Clearly his "worthy" points were not good enough, WERE THEY? Otherwise his name would not turn into a new word.WOULD IT?

He is an ex member of the CPT ( Thai communist party ) it it says a lot in credit to the current politics here that he is at the table on prime telvision with the Prime Minister.

I wonder if you know what you denigrate.

And you're right, I'm having a slow and boring night with a bottle of wine............

philw

I wonder why?

This story is about as newsworthy as me saying I have heard children playing talking about a victim of bullying and then saying oh he's been abhisited! The Nation, get a grip and print something newsworthy for a change

Oh do try to lighten up please. :)

LOL!

Does it matter what i denigrate? would that change anything? Just keep drinking the wine! :)

It's red and tasty. ( the wine )

Denigrate to your hearts content....and have a good one.

Good night, I'm off for a gin and tonic.

phil williams

Weng Night in Bangkok

and the tough guys crumble!

"It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity

To be looking at the board, not looking at the city"

10 points if you can name the song.

philw

Weng Night in Bangkok

and the tough guys crumble!

"It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity

To be looking at the board, not looking at the city"

10 points if you can name the song.

philw

Clue: Something to do with thailand. ( in a song )

Does it matter what i denigrate? would that change anything? Just keep drinking the wine! :D

phil williams

I'm wondering whether doing a 'PHIL' is going to catch on...hmmmm :)

Weng is it ever going to end??

Does it matter what i denigrate? would that change anything? Just keep drinking the wine! :D

phil williams

I'm wondering whether doing a 'PHIL' is going to catch on...hmmmm :)

Weng is it ever going to end??

Good one !!!

Maybe it ends with "weng night in paris........" ( 10cc) ( or monrovia or dubai or moscow or wherever he is..........)

Edited by philw

philw

Phil, I, also, 'childishly' jumped onto to the 'humour' band wagon. post #79, but then my own question about 'changing the rules', meant to be 'light hearted', got me thinking about whether, or NOT, all this derisiveness is 'kosher'?

I totally agree with you. This thread is a compilation of a bunch of w***ing [sawy couldn't stop myself] Flamers. The man, after all IS a Doctor! I'm not.

{I won't be surprised if Dr Weng sues the Nation, would you?}

philw

Phil, I, also, 'childishly' jumped onto to the 'humour' band wagon. post #79, but then my own question about 'changing the rules', meant to be 'light hearted', got me thinking about whether, or NOT, all this derisiveness is 'kosher'?

I totally agree with you. This thread is a compilation of a bunch of w***ing [sawy couldn't stop myself] Flamers. The man, after all IS a Doctor! I'm not.

{I won't be surprised if Dr Weng sues the Nation, would you?}

Yeah i hear doctors degrees are going for 3000 baht at Kaorsan road from a variety of university's from all over the world. For extra 1000 can get MBA as well. :)

I wonder why?

This story is about as newsworthy as me saying I have heard children playing talking about a victim of bullying and then saying oh he's been abhisited! The Nation, get a grip and print something newsworthy for a change

Oh do try to lighten up please. :)

LOL!

This is the kind of report that in England would be found in the Daily Sport newspaper alongside reports such as "Aliens ate my dog" its reporting is designed for the non thinking reader. I am glad it appeals to so many TV readers.

I find it odd that some people now peeing all over Dr. Weng are the first to complain if someone insults Prem or Abhisit. Having watched the discussions, Abhisit's team was just as dull as the Red team. the entire event was a waste of time and a snoozefest. The guy with the deformed cranium on Live last night was more interesting. Perhaps this is the Nation's way of dealing with an educated man. According to the experts in TV and the Nation, all reds are uneducated village yokels. By denigrating the man, it means one doesn't have to deal with the reality.

If I were Weng, I wouldn't bother trying to sue any newspaper because it's all over the news anyway at this point. Maybe he should try to copyright the word. Who knows, maybe he'll make more money from copyrighting it.

Oh wait, he wouldn't because he's a red communist and copyrighting is a capitalist idea....

It's not so much peeing on Dr. Weng,

though he has made himself a public target by his own choice,

but letting off stress and steam after watching this debcle taking place for weeks,

and the general tensions needing a release valve.

He just happened to make himself a pretty good target,

if the kids on the street are caricaturing hims as a slang word.