Does Anyone Know A Good Estate Agent To Rent My Condo ?

I have an apartment in supalai park srinarkarin on the market for the last 8 months with BACC real estate agents so far not much interest. Does anybody have experince of this agent? Whwn I search on google for condo, apartment bangkok they are never near the top return this can't be a good thing.

Does anyone have experince of a good relantionship with bangkok letting or real estate agents ?

I suspect you would get better chance if you look for a local lessee through an agent that services the locals. Most expats looking for condo units would prefer your competitors in Parkland due to their facilities.

I suspect you would get better chance if you look for a local lessee through an agent that services the locals. Most expats looking for condo units would prefer your competitors in Parkland due to their facilities.

Thats what I was hoping people could help me with, finding a local estate agent.

Sorry to be a no helper, but year's ago load's of peep's told me to buy a flat/condo you'll earn bundell's. I could see the writing on the wall then. Did I buy did I .... now it seem's you cant sell or rent, It a problem all over Thailand. You'll have more of a chance in BKK. Thank Buddha you didnt buy in a tourist area. Ive got mate's in P..... Well not to far from you that have done bundle's now cant give them away. Reduce the price. It's about your only chance.

How bigs the room? what floor? the traffic on that intersection is quite bad. no Bts, close to Seacon and Seri centre (currently closed for renovation)

How much rent are you expecting I had a 1 bed 53m2 there rented at a 9500baht Month

Every condo development has a "sales/rental office", and you should try it. They can tell you how many units are currently available in your building, the rental prices, and number of new units rented every month. If you know what the direct competition is charging, you can set your price accordingly.

I would avoid any real estate company with farang staff- im happy to stand corrected but i assume most of these 'staff' are ex teachers with zero expereince who just got bored teaching and have little or no real estate expereince. Plus sad to say- given the high number of dodgy, schemeing farangs here i never use a farang run/ operated business here if i can avoid it and always choose locally run/operated buisnesses (expcept for bars :-)

I would avoid any real estate company with farang staff- im happy to stand corrected but i assume most of these 'staff' are ex teachers with zero expereince who just got bored teaching and have little or no real estate expereince. Plus sad to say- given the high number of dodgy, schemeing farangs here i never use a farang run/ operated business here if i can avoid it and always choose locally run/operated buisnesses (expcept for bars :-)

Id stick with the first 7 words of what you say only.

Id stick with the first 7 words of what you say only.

i had had a bad day... its an exageration but you know what i mean i guess!

Me thinks your price is too high

Me even thinks it is way to high

I have been looking around for some time now

and your price is "out on waveland avenue" --- not in the ball park

Another thing, I clicked on the link you provided and it took 4 minutes

for the page to load

As the owner of a Farang Real Estate Agency I take great offense to your comments. Most agencies actually do a pretty good job. We work really hard to help our customers and have had thousands of happy ones. We have been in existence in Thailand since 2004 and our staff have over 40 years of experience in real estate. Of course their are good Thai agents as well. Also their are bad Farang and Thai agents. If an agent treats you with respect shows you properties in your price range and in the area you are looking for you can quickly tell if they are a good agent.

With respect to the comments about 10% returns this person obviously is jaded. There are properties where you can get a 4 to 6% return on your money and a 3 to 4% appreciation on the property. Of course it all depends on location and management of the building. The standard return is 3 to 4 percent return on money and 3 to 4 percent on appreciation. Hot properties near the BTS are always in high demand. The farther you get away the more difficult it is to rent to the farangs.

About our property near Seacon. There are litterly hundreds of properties in the 3,000 to 5,000 price range for a one bedroom and 5,000 to 10,000 for a two bedroom in this area. We manager a building on On Nut soi 71/1 and get 8500 baht for 64 sq meters 2 beds with aircon and fully furnished. The comments about checking your price and making sure your competitive are dead on. There is a lot of competition and the best way to make a horrible return is to price it to high and have an empty unit.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
With respect to the comments about 10% returns this person obviously is jaded. There are properties where you can get a 4 to 6% return on your money and a 3 to 4% appreciation on the property. Of course it all depends on location and management of the building. The standard return is 3 to 4 percent return on money and 3 to 4 percent on appreciation. Hot properties near the BTS are always in high demand. The farther you get away the more difficult it is to rent to the farangs.

Good luck

Sounds like a person must have their property in that perfect location to get a 3-6% return. Too bad most realtors advertise a 3-6% return as a slam dunk for most any location.

As others have mentioned the pricing seems way off (28.000 THB), its an over trafficked aria, there is no easy access to BTS or MRT. There are plenty of 2 bedroom condos around Bagna available, even for under half of that price.

So it might simply not be the real state agent which is the problem, it might just be the price point asked.

Some examples of rental pricing in the Bagna aria.

Furnished 2 bedroom The Village - 12.000 THB

Furnished 2 bedroom in Parkland Sinakarin - 18.000 THB

Furnished 2 bedroom in Cityhome Supalai - 18.000 THB

More Bagna 2 rooms rentals can be found here>>

Have a look at other condos offered in the aria and then you might consider adjusting what you are asking for yours to be competitive.

Edited by Archimedes

As the owner of a Farang Real Estate Agency I take great offense to your comments. Most agencies actually do a pretty good job. We work really hard to help our customers and have had thousands of happy ones. We have been in existence in Thailand since 2004 and our staff have over 40 years of experience in real estate. Of course their are good Thai agents as well. Also their are bad Farang and Thai agents. If an agent treats you with respect shows you properties in your price range and in the area you are looking for you can quickly tell if they are a good agent.

About our property near Seacon. There are litterly hundreds of properties in the 3,000 to 5,000 price range for a one bedroom and 5,000 to 10,000 for a two bedroom in this area. We manager a building on On Nut soi 71/1 and get 8500 baht for 64 sq meters 2 beds with aircon and fully furnished. The comments about checking your price and making sure your competitive are dead on. There is a lot of competition and the best way to make a horrible return is to price it to high and have an empty unit.

Good luck

the notion that you can get a 3 to 4% return from appreciation in bangkok,in baht, is of course complete b___-ks, its a convenient estate agent phrase to reassure their investor-clients they have not bought a pup . Its a completely unprovable assertion only going to be tested when you try to sell the thing and find rather than appreciate,it has , like most condos in BKK , gone down in value since you bought . At that point i am sure the agent will be only too willing to point out all the downside issues with your condo and why you should consider lowering the price!

• 1 year later...

A defamatory post has been removed as well as a reply.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.