Driving A Pick Up

I got pulled over for having stuff in the back uncovered, I don't think it needs to be a fixed cover. The BIB had a picture book showing my offence and that had the stuff covered in plastic which he said would have been fine.

A friend of mine got the same ticket for having a motorbike, and nothing else, tied down securely in the back of his truck. Of course putting a cover over the bike would have done nothing to improve safety, but the police are'nt concerned about that as they are simply a revenue generating arm of the government. (and for themselves).

A friend of mine got the same ticket for having a motorbike, and nothing else, tied down securely in the back of his truck. Of course putting a cover over the bike would have done nothing to improve safety, but the police are'nt concerned about that as they are simply a revenue generating arm of the government. (and for themselves).

how do I cover my rottweiler? and my Ninja I dont want to cover :D

actually never had a problem with bikes and dog on pickup uncovered. bib do check bikes docs often though, in co op with my dog :):D

how do I cover my rottweiler? and my Ninja I dont want to cover :D

actually never had a problem with bikes and dog on pickup uncovered. bib do check bikes docs often though, in co op with my dog :):D

I don't think they would even go near my dog.

• 1 month later...

Just posted a similar question.

Drive tollways on a daily basis. Certain don't need cover if unloaded. Never had problem with a tonne of garlic, red onion, tools of trade etc either.

Problem when I have my motorbike in the back. Constabulary don't care how well secured as long as it is covered, even with sheet of plastic, although I upgraded to a cheap tarpaulin. No idea why which was my question to the infinite wisdom of the forum.

Also no people in back allowed. I put the usual dozen or so(not counting babies, goats etc) in the front for the tollways then chuck 'em in the back again once out side town. They're OK about how many in the front, although I've had to introduce some hygiene restrictions on my pax. - the goat's comparatively OK already on the hygiene front.

Safe driving,

Andrew

PS Don't be too harsh on the cops. They're not paid enough. Collection of 'tea-money' is factored into their income and they must pass % along the chain of command. I've never had a ticket issued but do pay 100-200 baht on the spot if I've done something illegal - nothing if I've not. Whilst I understand the argument that I should not encourage this practice it's certainly easier from my selfish point of view.

PPS Wish big bikes could use the tollways and that the defective old lorries straining at 60kmh or less could not.