Tax Increase On Alcohol To Hit Foreigners And Benefit Tourist Police

Rimmer

Don't drink.

Don't care!

Well you should drink and then you would have something better to do with your time, instead of posting about things that don't concern you. It is often said never trust a man that doesn't drink as he has something to hide. Which begs the question what r u hiding, over here in the land of smiles and don't drink. Mmmm i wonder.

I suspect he's hiding his nom addiction to alcohol :)

Someone doesn't drink... why do you care?

You gossip girls need more to do with your time.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The worst is the tax on stupid replies to excellent posts in ThaiVisa.

If TV earned 1 THB per posted idiocy, George would be rich at this time.

Well, I don't mean he's not!

i guess you will be the first to pay..

yes, 20 baht or less than 0.5 euro extra will really stop farangs from drinking more... as they only earn 1500 - unlimited amount of euros each month...

BUT

guess this is the big joke of THAIVISA to scare all the (half) drunk TV readers

Edited by george

How stupid. Just another way to rip off foreigners. Most of the local expats who live in Pattaya dont even go out during Songkran....they stay home or many of them leave the city. Why? They afraid of the drunks.....mostly Thais. Who has the most problems with alcohol related injuries during Songkran.....the Thais. Better to ban alcohol sales to Thias during Songkran!!

You are dead right Tom, having lived in Pattaya during Songkran, I see nothing but every Thai family(+friends) in their trucks with a barrel of water and a bottle of Samsong. This goes on for nearly a week, and I can guarantee that most of the accidents are by drunken Thais who aren't used to that level of alcohol consumption.

I have nothing against ANYONE getting drunk, but this taxation by the government is totally racist....

....whats new!!

Just heard that a mate is doing a beer run from outside McDonalds on Beach Road at 11am. Beer is still available cheaply in Chonburi town so the plan is to rent a baht bus for a couple of hours and head there. Anyone who wants to come along be waiting there at 11am. Identify yourself as a thrifty expat by wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt tucked into waist high cargo shorts, white socks and sandals.

Don't risk dwarfing the protests.

Total madness, a number of people that I know who have been coming here on holiday for a number of years are going to different places this year because Thailand is no longer value for money - a scheme like this is just plain stupidity. Might as well go around wearing an armband with a "F" on it.

On the other hand, it is April the 1st :)

It could be that such a law will see a lot more drinking on the streets, but...

Why complain? Why not boycott all Pattaya establishments, including the golf courses, and make booze runs to Chon Buri or Chachoengsao/Bang Pakong?

One of you enterprising Pattayans should open a tea bar next to a 7-Eleven and charge a corkage fee for beer and liquor. Bars in Khon Kaen, apart from Pullman Hotel, do not sell cocktails and mixed drinks. Customers bring their own bottles and the bars sell club soda or whatever mixer.

A trick: maybe due to corruption Mac Donald's is exempted from the new tax and even takes advantage of this opportunity to offer a new "Songkran special" with Coca Cola replaced by Singha Beer in the Big Mac Set and Children Menus. AT THE SAME PRICE than before. Hurry up!

Edited by geovalin

QUOTE (needforspeed @ 2010-04-01 10:15:56)

20 B on alcohol drinks sold to foreigners,

Its a shame and very sad people who making this rules i feel realy sorry for them, what is there next step.

White people banned on the streets between 19.00 and 07.00

Crazy

Followed by a move of all non-asian foreigners to detention centers and labour camps. The middle finger has definitely been raised high in the air and I, for one, no longer recommend Thailand as a place to do business or visit in Asia. The last person out, please turn off the lights. Or dont. Who cares.

Sorry, forgot something.

The last person out, lock the door and put the key under the welcome floormat.

Khup khoen chup :)

Certainly the right day to announce it, don't you think? I mean, it gives just enough time to leave before the new 600% airport tax kicks in!! :D:):D:D:D

Edited by VBF