Italian Food In Phuket Town

Damaz6052

There are tons of them but try Salvatore's near the fountain circle at Rasada Road.

So is Salvatores the only one worth trying?

Highly recommend Ellis in Rawai although the restaurant itself is pretty basic.

Edited by Valentine

"La Gaetana"

Near the crossing between Phuket Road and Ong Sim Phai Rd. (Not far from Robinson)

The place is very well decorated. Gianni, the owner from Pompei, is a character. The food is good.

If he can fill his restaurant (and he apparently does, without advertising) why should he lower the prices?

Better make a reservation: 076 250 523.

Wed. closed

So is Salvatores the only one worth trying?

All of them are worth trying, it's just that Salvatore's first came to mind. You asked about Italian restaurants in Phuket Town, the choice really narrows down. Take a look at this link:

http://www.phuket.com/dining/phuket.htm

Otherwise, there are many other worth mentioning Italian restaurants over the island:

Da Maurizio - Kalim Bay, fantasic place but bit more expensive

M & M Pizzeria - Rawai, very popular among local expats

Amalfi - Rawai, not far away from M & M

La Grita - Patong Amari Coral Beach resort

Limoncello - Royal Phuket Marina

etc....

Since the threads also seem to cover Phuket, Patong has a few good ones, the best IMO being La Dolce Vita in Soi Whisky off Rat-u-thid road. Others in Soi Foodland, Soi Post Office and Nanai Road 2 are also very good.

Hands down La Gaetena! Sorry to say, Salvatores not that good anymore.

Since the threads also seem to cover Phuket, Patong has a few good ones, the best IMO being La Dolce Vita in Soi Whisky off Rat-u-thid road. Others in Soi Foodland, Soi Post Office and Nanai Road 2 are also very good.

Hands down La Gaetena! Sorry to say, Salvatores not that good anymore.

agreed went to salvatores in Patong , worst meal i have ever had anywhere in the WORLD !! try Ellis if you want Nonnas real Italian food , excellent food , cheap , atmosphere no good but keep going back because of the food .... and prices

agreed went to salvatores in Patong , worst meal i have ever had anywhere in the WORLD !! try Ellis if you want Nonnas real Italian food , excellent food , cheap , atmosphere no good but keep going back because of the food .... and prices

Salvatore's in Patong? Are you refering to italian restaurant in Patong Palace Hotel?

So it seems from the replys that there's only a couple of restaurants in Phuket Town La Gaetena and Salvatore has anyone tried La Romantica Pizzeria? Looks like the best places are in Patong followed by the other beach areas.

Looks like the best places are in Patong ....
Where did you get that idea, after reading this thread that would not be my conclusion.

You're wright I haven't been to the ones in Phuket Town but I think you'll find if you're looking for variety and quality food at reasonable prices then Patong has it.

"La Gaetana"

Near the crossing between Phuket Road and Ong Sim Phai Rd. (Not far from Robinson)

The place is very well decorated. Gianni, the owner from Pompei, is a character. The food is good.

If he can fill his restaurant (and he apparently does, without advertising) why should he lower the prices?

Better make a reservation: 076 250 523.

Wed. closed

What are the prices like for there pasta and pizza?

You're wright I haven't been to the ones in Phuket Town but I think you'll find if you're looking for variety and quality food at reasonable prices then Patong has it.

Naw, for Italian food Rawai/Nai Harn has much more to offer.

Give Capannina a try in Kata, I was there last night and it is always delicious. My favourite Italian, without a doubt. If you're not too full from your starters & main course there, you must! try the 'Tortina Cioccolato' dessert, it is amazing!!!

Let us know what you do end up trying & your thoughts.

Happy eating!

Naw, for Italian food Rawai/Nai Harn has much more to offer.

Nice which ones can you recommend? Have you been to many in Patong?

Nice which ones can you recommend? Have you been to many in Patong?
During the years I have seem most of them.

I would recommend M&M's as my first choice, Amalfi second. I don't like Da Vinci, and have yet to try Ellis. The others are IMO in between Amalfi and Da Vinci.

That is only talking about the Italian places in Rawai/Nai Harn BTW.

Edited by stevenl

Said by Italians, and from me, the best Italian place in Phuket is La Capannina.

Capisce?

I agree it's like being in Italy great food with there own cheese factory! Prices are excellent service can sometimes be iffy. La Dolce Vita is on par I reckon with better service in a modern style restaurant. There's 17 Italian restaurants in Patong most of them pretty good Gusto, VIP, Roma, Napoli and Trattoria La Casseceria to name the better ones.

Edited by Damaz6052