Motorbike Accessories

Pdavies99

Any suggestions, I am looking for a loud motorbike horn, (electric type, not air) and a Rear pannier to be made. (Pattaya Area)

Thanks for help

P.s I have a nice pair of motorbike mirrors available (Still in box) (see attachment) 750 Baht. Fit most sports bikes.

post-67159-1270217299_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pdavies99

I'm no expert, but the motorbike dealers sell ready-made rear-panniers, just have a look in a showroom.

I've got a Honda Click, and wanted a bigger disk brake put on. I took the bike out to Mityon's showroom/workshop on the corner of Thepprasit Soi 7, and the chief mechanic told me that a bigger disk might look beautiful, but it won't make any difference to the braking performance (is that right?). So evidently they are not out to gouge you by selling you any old tat (which surprised me). I'd suggest you could do worse than start at this place, I'm sure that the pannier will be easy to sort (though they aren't cheap, I seem to recall). As far as a better horn goes, it's an interesting idea. Again, why not ask at Mityon, or some other dealer that suits you? The mechanic doesn't speak much English, so if your Thai isn't good then one or two of the ladies working in the showroom speak reasonable English and will translate for you. If Mityon can't do the horn themselves, they should be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

Good luck, let us know how you get on with the horn, I might be interested in one myself.

You don't say what sort of bike you have.

In case you can't get a car horn (not air) fitted at a service bay they sell them in the electrical store on the lower ground floor at Tukcom.com.

Paniers come as standard so that shouldn't be a problem.

Bike shops to try that carry some spares:

Bike shop at the top of Soi Lenky at the junction with 3rd road

Mityon shop at the junction of 3rd road and Pattaya south road, opposite Tony's food bazzar

Look for the big (Honda sign, elevated) shop on the Sukhumvit road, Northbound side, between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang.