Major Ya-ba Dealer Busted In Pattaya

Rimmer

Major Ya-Ba Dealer Busted In Pattaya

major ya-ba dealer was busted in a police swoop early this morning, 3 April, and 320 tablets found, as well as a couple of women gambling in the building in Jomtien. All were arrested and await prosecution.

Full Story and pictures

HERE

pattayadailynews.com

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-04-03

I thought "major" referred to a rank, then I read it was a measly 320 tablets.

"Major" are the people who spend millions of Baht to bring this stuff into the country then to distribute it in Pattaya, making further millions. This guy is a relative minnow in the dealing chain, and Pattaya's major drug barons "whoever they may be" live to peddle another day.

To my knowledge (and I am happy to be contradicted) never has one major drug baron been arrested in Pattaya.

Why is that.

"Major" are the people who spend millions of Baht to bring this stuff into the country then to distribute it in Pattaya, making further millions. This guy is a relative minnow in the dealing chain, and Pattaya's major drug barons "whoever they may be" live to peddle another day.

To my knowledge (and I am happy to be contradicted) never has one major drug baron been arrested in Pattaya.

Why is that.

Please don't shoot me I'm only the messenger :)

Why is that.

The BIB????

^ Agreed. Kind of puts this report into the proper context of a total failure of the police to bring down a single major drug dealer, ever, in Pattaya.

What about that Ausie guy a couple of years ago? Had multi million baht Harley loads of dosh under his matress but was so brazen that he kept the pill press and the merchandise almost on show, it was as though he felt like he was untouchable. But luckily the then police cheif nabbed him on his last day in office before he left for BKK :)

Why is that.

Agreed, he looks more like a user, peddling a few pills around to feed his own habit than a major dealer.

John.....

^ Agreed. Kind of puts this report into the proper context of a total failure of the police to bring down a single major drug dealer, ever, in Pattaya.

What about that Ausie guy a couple of years ago? Had multi million baht Harley loads of dosh under his matress but was so brazen that he kept the pill press and the merchandise almost on show, it was as though he felt like he was untouchable. But luckily the then police cheif nabbed him on his last day in office before he left for BKK :)

Sorry. I omitted a very important word from my sentence. "THAI".

There was also a bigtime Dutch(?) dealer/manufacturer in I think yaba, with a house near the Hanuman statue in Jomtien who was nicked a couple of years ago, again when he lost his longtime protector.

In fact I just did a PDN news trawl with a search against "drugs" (highly entertaining if you have the time) and these headlines were of interest, but still no Thai Mr Bigs taken down (the students probably not being the highest even in that large operation). Some reports mention a "drugs godfather in Huay Yai" but obviously he is somehow untoucheable.

Set against these amounts below, the weekly diet of motorbike taxi drivers arrested with two yaba pills just does not impress. It in fact represents an almost total failure of Pattaya's drug enforcement and detection policy at the major funder/importer/distributor/ level.

Major Drug Busts as reported by PDN:

Feb 2009 - Police Sieze Property Belonging To Suspected Dutch Cocaine Dealer In Pattaya (including 4 properties).

May 2009 - Pattaya – University Student Arrested With Yah Bah Worth 30 Million Baht (massive amount but he was probably not the Mr Big/funder)

August 2008 - Major Drugs Dealer Hangs Himself In Private Cell (20,000 tablets, dealer from Bangkok, obviously not the Mr Big, even though a sizeable amount)

August 2008 - Pattaya Police Arrest Drugs Dealer Of 28,000 Yah Bah Tablets (a decent amount but again, not the hundreds of thousands level of distribution)