Opinions On View Talay 6 (next To Central On Beach Road)

gguy

Talked to a seller asking 1.9M for a shell on 17th floor Walking Street. I think it is 48 square meters.

Is this a good deal? I was thinking about offering 1.5M.

What is bldg. like? Has anyone lived in bldg.? Comments on general bldg. construction and/or bldg. problems?

Approximate cost to finish apt?

Thanks for all help.

Hi Guy 1.9 is Fine.Not a bad deal to be honest.I have a condo there. Happy Enough with it, i have rented it to a russian couple for a year.

Some owners didnt like it when Central was built next door,especially the ones who lost there view i think central being built was a good thing.

Still allot of rooms available in the building.If i was you i would Definetly try to get it down to 1.5.

All he can say is no. :) I have had no complaints about the Building but then again i am very easy going.

Goodluck with whatever you choose to do.

If you change your mind can you pm me the owners Details as i Myself may be interested.

Edited by SUPERIOR

At the very least 500,000 to complete your shell ,up to Euro standard .And that only if you know good reliable ,honest builders .

Shop around as there are many good deals out there for finished Condos ,even having furniture and kitchen etc .

Edited by Thaifan2

Good building and location. The only problem is that there is a lot of construction going on, finishing out plain condo shells on each floor. When they are a few doors away (or on the floor above or below) the noise from drills and jackhammers, the dust and plaster, and the strong smell of paint/resin is enough to drive anyone insane. The View Talay management cannot and will not do anything about it. Suggest earplugs and a gas mask every 9-12 weeks.

I rent a condo in View Talay 6 and am quite happy there. The construction on empty shells can be very loud but not continuous. Unless they are working on one within 2 or 3 doors of you the noise is not bad if your door is shut. The workers are only allowed to work from 0900 to 1700. After 1700 they must clear the building. I am on the 22nd floor and about 40 percent of the rooms are still shells. 1.9 million seems like a pretty good price.

I was a View Talay 6 this past week. The pricelist from the front office started at 2.3 million baht and up for the lower floors. The office selling condos called Condo6 had a unit selling for 4.8 million baht. A studio priced at 1.9 million baht at a decent floor level sounds like a great deal. I'd appreciate if you PM me should you know of other units around the price range. :) In any case, seems like the building has a great location although I don't like the big empty lot sitting on the left side of the building.

Edited by mauiguy90

Good building and location. The only problem is that there is a lot of construction going on, finishing out plain condo shells on each floor. When they are a few doors away (or on the floor above or below) the noise from drills and jackhammers, the dust and plaster, and the strong smell of paint/resin is enough to drive anyone insane. The View Talay management cannot and will not do anything about it. Suggest earplugs and a gas mask every 9-12 weeks.

Oh man, you so summed it up. Last year in my condo they were redoing the upstairs unit floor. I was ready to jump. 9 am until 4 pm of intense pounding. I couldn't work, sleep, eat etc. There is always a unit going under the knife in our building (not Talay) and it ruins a day. Heed this man's advice.

Edited by geriatrickid

Lived in that building for one year. Miserable. Terrible infrastructure. Wireless internet so slow as to be useless, and also frequently completely unavailable. Very easy to trip the breakers for the electricity, and no, they're not in the room, but down the hall. Hot water pipes blew off of heaters 6 times in twelve months. Music from across the street (beer bar on 2nd road) is louder on 20th floor than at ground level - quite difficult to sleep at all.

AVOID.

Lived in that building for one year. Miserable. Terrible infrastructure. Wireless internet so slow as to be useless, and also frequently completely unavailable. Very easy to trip the breakers for the electricity, and no, they're not in the room, but down the hall. Hot water pipes blew off of heaters 6 times in twelve months. Music from across the street (beer bar on 2nd road) is louder on 20th floor than at ground level - quite difficult to sleep at all.

AVOID.

I lived there for six months.

It is a great big white elephant.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Are we talking about the same View Talay 6? At night I shut my balconey doors, close the heavy drapes, and run my air conditioner for sleeping. I do not hear any bar music. I have been here 9 months now and my water heater in the shower crapped out once, the owner replaced it in a day no problem no cost. I have a circuit breaker panel in the room. The one down the hall in the room where they read the elctric useage has never tripped. The owner of the condo provides his own free wireless connection for me. It has never gone off. The TOT supply to him does drop out for a few minutes a couple of times a week but never for more than 15 or twenty minutes.

It is likely that Cochran's shell was built out super cheaply and the owner got what he paid for. On the other hand my condo seems to have been built out pretty good. Knocking on wood.

I am happy here, others may not be. YMMV.

Looked at the apartment and big vacant lot that will some day house a bldg. to block my view.

Looked at Pattaya Beach Condo (Sportsman rest. in bldg.) nice views but bldg. way to old. Maybe a place to rent.

Looked at condos behind Avenue. Way overpriced. To close to SB. However, good rental opportunity. Bad location. You have to hike up to the Avenue to get to Second Road. Would be nice is Dusit would allow people to cut through their property.

If you have any option of getting a house instead of a condo, we've had a very positive experience in making that kind of move. Of course, I'm renting instead of buying, and I know its complicated to buy a stand-alone house.

For condos, try Ananya (sp?) next to the Naklua branch of Mum Aroy. Best views ever, lowrise buildings. Kitchens very small, but otherwise nice enough. A colleague lives there and really likes it.

We were looking into in when it was still under construction. Lucky that we stepped away, as I do not like to live in the city center (traffic, pollution) and to me, it is simply too big and has no charme at all. We went for a smaller project in Naklua, better traffic situation and still not far away from the city at all.

As one guy mentioned, at least 500,000 Baht to furnish the empty shell, maybe even more if you like good style and quality.

is that not cheaper than show-room price ?? anyway if it is Farang owned, seems a reasonable price... Beware if you have to buy it under a company as you will have to pay approx 12k baht a year on audit/tax plus. Also I think the re-sale tax of company owned property has increased to 4- 6 % .. you need to check !

Don't know if you buying it to live or rent but renting can be major pain in the ass... don't know what the returns are but hard to get long term tennents and you also have to factor in empty periods..

Also people tend to forget that studios are glorified hotel rooms, if you are staying longterm you will soon run out of space.. can't beat a house end of the day !!

A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth.

I sold a condo in one of those "white elephant' Buildings last last month for 7 million Baht in Dongtan .I made 1 million profit.I find that it is common for people who can't afford such things to complain about them. :)

At night I shut my balconey doors, close the heavy drapes, and run my air conditioner for sleeping. I do not hear any bar music.
Hi,

Do you consider that as a positive point ? :D

In this season it's about 26-27°C at night, so you do not need any air-con to sleep :D. You just need to let a window partially opened to keep your room at about 27 but it's a thing you can't do in VT6 because of the noise of bars and, mainly, the uninterrupted noise of the traffic (cars & motorbikes on both 2nd Rd & Beach Rd)... :D . It looks like the upper you are in VT6, the worst the noise is...

The propagation of internal noise is terrible too, in VT6 as in most condos in Thailand. You can't stay in your room if someone is "playing" with his drill-machine even 4 or 5 floors above or under yours.

More than 1 year now that firsts owners got their apartment in VT6, but I doubt that even half the condos have yet been furnished/finished. There is works somewhere in VT6 nearly everyday...

Those on north side of VT6 have lot of noise from Center Beach Festival; it can be noise from Hilton hotel construction, noise from the multi-levels car park, or - maybe the worst - noise from the very very big air-cons from the shopping center...

Many apartments on north side virtually worth nothing now : no more view, big noise, can't be sold... :D

Those on south side have noise from traffic, noise from bars whether on 2nd Rd side. They have the sun directly on their terrace the whole afternoon and then you have to close windows and it's very hot inside. Many owners put a big vertical white store to completely close the terrace all the day. Nice view... :)

I know a guy who want sell for a "small detail" : He can't bear anymore the big TV at the entry of Walking Street. This very bright TV is just in the axe and illuminate his room every night until 3am... He is becoming crazy with that :D

Beyond these points, I still consider that VT6 situation/location is a very good one. :D

Edited by Pattaya46

Better get your cultural metaphors straightened out :) In Thailand, white elephants are considered very auspicious and symbols of good luck. In fact, any white elephants [albinos] found in the country are presented to the King, who keeps this herd of elephants at one of his palaces in Bangkok.

I lived there for six months.

It is a great big white elephant.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Music from across the street (beer bar on 2nd road) is louder on 20th floor than at ground level - quite difficult to sleep at all.
Are we talking about the same View Talay 6? At night I shut my balconey doors, close the heavy drapes, and run my air conditioner for sleeping. I do not hear any bar music.

Doesn't sound travel in a sine wave pattern? I read someplace that the loudness of street-level noise on a high rise is such that some floors will hear full loudness, next few floors above will hear less, next few floors above them will get louder, then next few less, etc.

I do know that I lived on the 13th floor of a high rise once, and the street noise at our condo was MUCH less than that of a fellow who lived several floors above us.

In Thailand, white elephants are considered very auspicious and symbols of good luck.

Errm that would depend....

In the past white Elephants where often given to upstart minions as a way to stop them becoming too rich.

as the elephant was given by the King it could not be refused,could not be used for work and consumed a great deal of resources.

In my opinion all the View Talay buildings are monstrosities and after the VT7 atrocity they should be avoided :)

post-2109-1270467977_thumb.jpg

Pattaya46, when we first moved in we did leave the balconey open and slept fine. Then my girl started running the air conditioner at night. She likes to get it cold as crap at night and then bury herself under the comforter. We are about midway in the building and on the side with the vacant lot so we probably don't get as much street and bar noise as some others do. The walls are thick enough that we hear nothing from our neighbors. No idea if all walls are like this or if our owner made them thicker when building out the shell.