Has The Time Come For Abhisit To Crack Down On The Lawless Red Protesters?

Jingthing

Time to crack down? If not now, when?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government should use the water cannons right now and give them the greatest songkran of their lifetime by spouting them back to Isaan.

If I look at the only news threads then I'm really wondering if Thaksin is ruling the country already as the reds just do what they like and whatever comes up in their mind.Clearly the reds and their fugitive leader are ruling the country currently.

THE NATION: Any protesters want to. Go home, we have provided transportation, said Suthep.

That's the kind of announcement I like to see.I can smell it already: Last chance to move out now,tomorrow we will play hard ball.

The army/police are independent to the government, so I wouldnt expect any assistance from them unless whole scale violence and looting occurs.

Maybe Abhisit can arm and up with his cabinet and go down there and disperse the protesters himself? :)

At last, I have been reading through pages of drivel, now someone tells it like it is.

Perhaps all these Dorothies will realize they aint in Kansas now, the same ones who talk about sending in the clowns, or the ones who actually think the PM is in charge.

Nice enough guy that he is, he knew exactly what he was taking on when he accepted the poisoned chalice.

As Thais tell me, its the political wing of the army, no wonder most Thais despise both the army and police.

He should wait for the reds to get more violent

Invading parliament did the trick. The crackdown has begun. This poll is now irrelevant. Thanks for playing.

What crackdown? :) Same Same as usual.....

The state of emergency gives the military authorization to suspend certain civil liberties if necessary and allows to to ban public gatherings of more than five people.

Plus reports of tear gas. True or not? More to come ...

Comparisons have been made of this mindless mob of violent peasants to the Maoist cultural revolution. Read up on that. Do you want that for Thailand?

Comparisons made by whom? Do you have a link? In what way is this similar?

I made that comparison. Comparing some other "red"movements like Little Red Book, Red Guards, Red Army, Khmer Rouge and Hugo Chavez' red shirt etc. to the present Red Shirts, all - of course - in the name of democracy.

I seem to have missed what was no doubt a scholarly and erudite article by yourself in which you went into great depth about the aims and policies of the red shirt movement and how they are similar to those of the organisations you mention.

Do you have a link?

Or do you mean this post where your whole argument is based upon a coincidence of colour?

In Thailand the colour red stand for the nation. Is this not why this group chose red as their colour, just as the yellows chose that colour because it stands for the monarchy?

In other words, for both groups patriotism was the reason for the choice of colour.

Questioning what you have posted and asking for evidence of accusations made by you is hardly harassment.

If you are not prepared to be questioned on accusations you make; if you are not prepared to provide evidence to back them up; perhaps you shouldn't make them!

To be fair you haven't answered or put forth the evidence asked of you by JT. Go figure.

Actually, I have answered his question; here.

Comparisons have been made of this mindless mob of violent peasants to the Maoist cultural revolution. Read up on that. Do you want that for Thailand?

Comparisons made by whom? Do you have a link? In what way is this similar?

I made that comparison. Comparing some other "red"movements like Little Red Book, Red Guards, Red Army, Khmer Rouge and Hugo Chavez' red shirt etc. to the present Red Shirts, all - of course - in the name of democracy.

I seem to have missed what was no doubt a scholarly and erudite article by yourself in which you went into great depth about the aims and policies of the red shirt movement and how they are similar to those of the organisations you mention.

Do you have a link?

Or do you mean this post where your whole argument is based upon a coincidence of colour?

In Thailand the colour red stand for the nation. Is this not why this group chose red as their colour, just as the yellows chose that colour because it stands for the monarchy?

In other words, for both groups patriotism was the reason for the choice of colour.

Well stated 7by7!!! :)

They have failed to show Thailand they truly believe in democracy,or at least what the world recognizes democracy as

They have failed to give any respect to the judiciary system

They have failed to respect the 6 million people who raise and support their families here

They have failed to show care for their own children by allowing them to be part of this ,and in turn in the way of possible harm

They have failed to show they can abide by normal democratic practices,i.e. not protesting in designated areas,infringing human rights of others (all part of a working democracy)

They have failed to show anything but a threatening doctrine,throughout all of the speeches made by their leaders

They have failed to prove they are anything but a bunch of ignorant thugs,out for a pay day and a bit of a row

They have failed their puppet master,now go home

And here is an idea ,if you want to take yourself out of poverty ,do what everyone in the rest of the world has to do......

Claw your way out ,and fight for what you can get from the world not what handout you can get from it ,or your puppet master !!

You have not had a fair deal ,eh!

Welcome to the real world

They have failed to show Thailand they truly believe in democracy,or at least what the world recognizes democracy as

They have failed to give any respect to the judiciary system

They have failed to respect the 6 million people who raise and support their families here

They have failed to show care for their own children by allowing them to be part of this ,and in turn in the way of possible harm

They have failed to show they can abide by normal democratic practices,i.e. not protesting in designated areas,infringing human rights of others (all part of a working democracy)

They have failed to show anything but a threatening doctrine,throughout all of the speeches made by their leaders

They have failed to prove they are anything but a bunch of ignorant thugs,out for a pay day and a bit of a row

They have failed their puppet master,now go home

And here is an idea ,if you want to take yourself out of poverty ,do what everyone in the rest of the world has to do......

Claw your way out ,and fight for what you can get from the world not what handout you can get from it ,or your puppet master !!

You have not had a fair deal ,eh!

Welcome to the real world

Very good points,the only problem here is that it will take another 50 years,and that is even optimistic, before we get to that point in Thailand.

Not much difference between this time and last time.

The reds will leave on their own again.

This is a chess game. The reds are giving the other side a chance to make a mistake during these practice runs... while not letting their flame, energy and political base get bored.

The big fight is still yet to come.

Time to send the hillbillies home

Hillibillies? :D

Not sure you got your geography right...

Photo taken yesterday in MBK.

4499755611_744fd4ddf8.jpg

Yup, that really looks like a mob of violent protestors. :)

There are crooks at both ends of the struggle. Nobody can convince me that big business hasn't had a hand in subjugating poor Thai people into a life of serfdom. Enough is enough. The yellows thought it was perfectly okay to shut down the only international airport for two weeks while ruining foreign visitors plans and costing them thousands of dollars.

Although Abhisit is a smart man, his hands are tied. He'll be judged wrong no matter what he does. It's not a lot unlike Obama in the USA. The Republican party started a war they can't win and allowed their hedge funds banker friends to ruin the world economy. Then, when Obama was legally elected, he is being charged with all the mess the Republicans started.

Time to send the hillbillies home

Hillibillies? :)

Not sure you got your geography right...

Photo taken yesterday in MBK.

4499755611_744fd4ddf8.jpg

I wonder how many thaivisa members have actually gone down to see the protesters? Take a chance and see the "angry mob" at work. Jingthing?

Most of them are just regular guys, some of them probably workers who served you dinner recently.

Edited by mauiguy90

I have enough experience with thug reds in Pattaya after the Asean summit attack, thank you very much. They have declared war on Thailand. This isn't a joke anymore.

Funny how easy it is judge others from a distance! Everyone who prejudges the present red demonstrators are an angry mob without first walking among to the Rachaprasong intersection better take a close look at themselves. They who prejudge bear a close resemblance to "rednecks" as we call them in the US.

Of course, if you stiffed them for a tip recently, I wouldn't want to go down there either!

Edited by mauiguy90

I have enough experience with thug reds in Pattaya after the Asean summit attack, thank you very much. They have declared war on Thailand. This isn't a joke anymore.

Funny how easy it is judge others from a distance! Everyone who prejudges the present red demonstrators are an angry mob without first walking among to the Rachaprasong intersection better take a close look at themselves. They who prejudge bear a close resemblance to "rednecks" as we call them in the US.

Of course, if you stiffed them for a tip recently, I wouldn't want to go down there either!

Did you hear me? I have DIRECT experience with reds. I know what they are. They are brainwashed and/or red for pay. I have seen their thuggish violent behavior IN PERSON in Pattaya. I saw how they acted approaching the Asean summit, it was a mad mob horror show, something out of the Maoist cultural revolution, incredibly anti-intellectual and all about DESTRUCTION, nothing positive or pro democratic about this bunch in the least. They are a dark force for Thailand. (Pattaya is Isaan by the sea, so many red shirts here it isn't funny.) Rednecks? I am the opposite of that. Most of the American rednecks in Thailand support the red shirt insurgents so don't you dare put me in their same boat.

Edited by Jingthing

Did you hear me? I have DIRECT experience with reds. I know what they are. They are brainwashed and/or red for pay. I have seen their thuggish violent behavior IN PERSON in Pattaya. I saw how they acted approaching the Asean summit, it was a mad mob horror show, something out of the Maoist cultural revolution, incredibly anti-intellectual and all about DESTRUCTION, nothing positive or pro democratic about this bunch in the least. They are a dark force for Thailand. (Pattaya is Isaan by the sea, so many red shirts here it isn't funny.) Rednecks? I am the opposite of that. Most of the American rednecks in Thailand support the red shirt insurgents so don't you dare put me in their same boat.

Sorry Jingthing, sounds like you were the one stiffed for a tip. Easy to make judgements all the way from Pattaya!

By the way, I'm going to bed. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning! You'll feel better.

Edited by mauiguy90

My hope is this costs them much more money than Thaksin paid them. I don't wish to see anyone hurt. But lets get real, that's where its headed because Thaksin wants it that way!
Why is Thaksin getting all the credit for the 100,000 plus demonstrators?

^For better or Worse you are a fascinating person. Just wondering if you are this vocal in person? :)

What's the implication? That were he stood in front of you, he wouldn't dare to be vocal for fear of attack?

Nothing sadder than undertones (or overtones) of a physical threat made from behind keyboards.

^For better or Worse you are a fascinating person. Just wondering if you are this vocal in person? :)

What's the implication? That were he stood in front of you, he wouldn't dare to be vocal for fear of attack?

Nothing sadder than undertones (or overtones) of a physical threat made from behind keyboards.

Like most other red sympathisers on here, Britmav is comfortably out of Bangkok. :D