Pitcher Style Water Filters

shawndoc

Hello, my wife's family gets their drinking water from a well. And while safe to drink, the water has a distinct unpleasant flavor. I was wondering if its possible to get Brita (or any brand) water filter pitchers in Thailand? My wife says you can only buy in-line filters designed to make tap water drinkable, and can't buy the Brita style pitchers. She wants to buy a pitcher here in the US and a whole bunch of filters before we head back to Thailand next month, and I'd rather buy it in Thailand if at all possible.

Here's a link for those that don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.brita.com/products/water-pitchers/

Basically its a water pitcher that you keep in your refrigerator that has two compartments. Between the two compartments is a removable filter that has both a particulate filter and activate charcoal to remove chemicals. You pour water in one side, and it is pulled by gravity through the filter, giving you nice tasting water on the other side.

And just to be clear, we aren't looking to making unsafe water safe. Just improve the taste of the potable well water.

i spent a while looking everywhere here on samui for the same thing with no results, ended up having some hand delivered when i get a visit from the states this weekend. decent and convenient water filtration in my experience, but here on samui..."no have"

Why not use a normal inline filter. The basic units are just filter holders and you use whatever types you want. Put that water in containers/bottles for drinking. These filters are available everywhere.

As for drinking untreated well water I would be very careful - most people upcountry drink rain water and that is suspect enough.