Documenting Land And House Ownership

Can other TV members please advise on the following:

- Very soon (next week) the land inside a new housing village (in CM) will be transferred to my adult Thai son's name.

- Right now the piling has been completed but no other building has started (which is as planned), but the house will be completed within the next 3 to 4 months

- A large percentage of the houses in the village have been completed (on time) and the other owners all seem to be very pleased with the work and many (mostly well educated people - I say this simply to make the point that they are aware of proper process) have commented that they are very satisfied with all their dealings with the developer.

I'm aware that there should be documentation which shows ownership of the land (the chanut) and I'm aware that there should be documentation to show ownership of the house (which will be in my son's name), but I don't know how this is documented

I'm guessing (repeat guessing) that there should be some wording on the chanut saying something like 'land and all swellings and developments' or something similar.

Is this correct or is the house ownership recorded on a different document?

Look forward to your kind advice.

Thanks

Edited by scorecard

It's not on the Chanote. The first owner usually use the construction agreement as evidence. Land officers may also accept the building permit even if legally it is NOT acceptable to prove ownership of a building. Once the owner of a building wants to transfer ownership to someone else, the transaction needs to be recorded at the Land Office who will issue a document evidencing the same.

Chanote is for land ownership and shows the land is properly surveyed and recorded.

For new construction home ownership is best evidenced by the building license. Its often in the builder's name and it should be transferred to the owner when completed.

The name on the building permit starts the house ownership registry. Construction contract along with building permit can be used. Sales agreement(s) register subsequent ownership transfers. Everything must be recorded at the local Land Office. Land title is a separate issue, the Chanote is supreme.

Edited by InterestedObserver