State Of Emergency Decree Imposed In Bangkok

george

However, this endeavor has not been successful. The rally has led to a violation of the law and the Constitution and has caused great inconvenience for the people, the economy, and foreign confidence in Thailand.

Nothing like the country's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

Nahh.. I see it the other way: This PM isn't just trying to typically blow smoke up the collective buttholes of the world; instead he's attempting to be TRUTHFULL. Something that Thailand, as a whole, could stand to receive (and accept) a MASSIVE dose of, in all sectors. For one of the hottest places in this part of the world, it's amazing how much of (a) life in Thailand is spent wrapped up in an enourmous snowjob; one after another.

The truth will set you free.. I promise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

agreed 100% - typical is that stupid rich kid in BKK driving his Porche into the crowd - know doubt his BKK Daddy bought it for him - such a world away from the poor farmers who really need the help - its pathetic

reported by the media his father is the deputy commerce minister..........

Grandfather was in Chavalit's government I believe.

The kid actually has pretty strong Thaksin ties by 2 degrees of separation

Wrong. I might mosey on down there (Rajaprasong) sometime tomorrow and give the Reds a bit of moral support. They're nice people and I hear they don't bite!

Anyway - notice how virtually no-one - outside of the two main protest areas - is wearing red or yellow or pink nowadays.

Just greens - greys - blues and other mucky colours.

Quite funny you say that actually my wife and I had to grab a few things before we fly out tomorrow night and while waiting downstairs I realized she was taking much longer than usual so I ventured up stairs to see her standing in the middle of her closet just staring. I asked what she was doing and she said, I can't wear Red, Yellow or Pink... really really cuts into my choices.. we need to do some shopping hahaha... dam_n REDS costing me even more money now.

Will they block twitter?

No way, how else will Abhisit update his Twitter blog?

Reminds me of the effectiveness during the last coup. Remember when the tanks ousted the elected government. It was not just Thaksin they got out (thats for the Thaksin Anguish crowd) it was the ELECTED GOVERNMENT)

Anyway, on BBC news they were saying that the bbc had been taken off the air in Thailand. As we were watching it live at the time in a bar in Hua Hin, we didn't believe it.

Even the Iranians couldn't control the media and they really were killing and maining on a grand scale

What's all this shit about. All channels are still working. And how can you say while watching BBC that they (BBC) said that they are taken off.

Don't talk crap !!

obviously there is an epidemy in the TV set, you have to change your installation. Remind me? The Thai satellite is now Singaporean, is not it?... (Just to fuel the debate....)

However, this endeavor has not been successful. The rally has led to a violation of the law and the Constitution and has caused great inconvenience for the people, the economy, and foreign confidence in Thailand.

Nothing like the country's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

Nahh.. I see it the other way: This PM isn't just trying to typically blow smoke up the collective buttholes of the world; instead he's attempting to be TRUTHFULL. Something that Thailand, as a whole, could stand to receive (and accept) a MASSIVE dose of, in all sectors. For one of the hottest places in this part of the world, it's amazing how much of (a) life in Thailand is spent wrapped up in an enourmous snowjob; one after another.

Interesting observations... I actually see the Abhisit trying to cover his ass after failing miserably to predict what the red shirts will do... .I guess this is a bit tougher than his classmates debating at Oxford. Abhisit will not survive till 2011. He has burned his bridges on either side of the river...

Will try keep it simple

Without Military backing Abhisit would not be PM now.

Therefore I announce it undemocratic!

:) Without the backing of their military, most govts would not be in power, democratic or not. Try pushing the "reset" button on your logic

THE NATION: Our reporter at Rajprasong said tonite's crowd is noticeably smaller than two previous nites.

THE NATION: However, our reporter said reds on motorbikes were pouring into the venue. all kinds of vehicles being used as bunkers at entry points.

THE NATION: Thai red news - an official SMS news of Reds - sent last msg at 7pm, saying that the service has to stop thanks to SOE.

THE NATION: Reds leaders told the crowd to get peper and fire crackers ready just in case they encounter police guard dogs.//poor dogs.

THE NATION: The pepper and fire crackers strategy is from Nattawut, prolly not a pet lover!

Dude.... Nattawut is a clown, a martyr and a loose cannon... he would spray his own mother just to get some milk and cookies between meals. :)

Mate.

Anybody using the nation as a source of information, even on this disjointed mudslinging s£$tfight is a Clown.

The reds are playing the faked clip again and again

SOP of course they KNOW they must charge up their crowd to manic levels,

Lies and deceptions are nothing new from their stages.

THE NATION: Reds leaders told the crowd to get peper and fire crackers ready just in case they encounter police guard dogs.//poor dogs.

THE NATION: The pepper and fire crackers strategy is from Nattawut, prolly not a pet lover!

And this bit of madness.

OK take an attack dog and throw firecrackers at him...

DUMBASS thing to do...

oops slipped his chain.

Edited by animatic

If the military are not able to support any government in this country the show will go on and on. One is protesting today and tomorrow the other side. What will happen to

Thailand if is going to be like this everytime? It will be a land of pretesters soon not the land of smiles that it was.

Farangs, get away from all the protest sites and protect yourselves!

Yes.. the yellow shirts are so paranoid of anything that smells like Thaksin, that they would immediately raise hel_l in their own dysfunctional way the moment the reds had any semblence of political power...

My point exactly... having the current gov't step down at this stage of the game will solve nothing long term. Anyone that can not see that does not remember a little sit in out at the airport.

It's about time! Totally justified for all the world to see.

A message to the good people of Thailand.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

Based postings I have seen here, you may ant to take aheadcount before you speak for all of us Farang. I, for one, hope the Red Shirtd are able to get teh new Elections they so deserve. I just pray it all comes about peacefully.

Jingthing you aid you are a " progressive " who in your own country thinks Obama can walk on water :) …..so why is it so wrong for the poor rural folk in Thailand to engage in revolution to improve their lives ?

Richard

Interesting observations... I actually see the Abhisit trying to cover his ass after failing miserably to predict what the red shirts will do... .I guess this is a bit tougher than his classmates debating at Oxford. Abhisit will not survive till 2011. He has burned his bridges on either side of the river...

Seem to a lot of 'knowledgeable' newbies on the forum tonight :)

agreed 100% - typical is that stupid rich kid in BKK driving his Porche into the crowd - know doubt his BKK Daddy bought it for him - such a world away from the poor farmers who really need the help - its pathetic

Everybody in Thailand is two degrees of separation from someone famous.... did you ever notice that everyone seems to know or be related to someone "famous" in Thailand... strikes me as odd that if they are related, they let their relatives behave like such horse's ass*s... or maybe primitive behavior runs in the family? :)

Veera and monks on stage now. Blessing being given.

Monks are so hypocritical.... amazing that they can even chant without being struck down by lightening for being posers of spirituality.... a complete disgrace.

I daresay newbie that Thailand may not be the best choice of location for you.

SOP of course they KNOW the must charge up their crowd to manic levels,

And this bit of madness.

DUMBASS thing to do...

oops slipped his chain.

Pepper Spray freely availabel in any market works wonders on Dogs

It's about time! Totally justified for all the world to see.

A message to the good people of Thailand.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

How can you make such a statement???

What justification do you have to speak on behalf of others????

Have you done a survey????

Do you have FACTS????

Get off your patronising horse!!!

Having spent 2000-2009 working either directly or indirectly as a consultant for 4 ministries, in I can't remember how many governments and through 2 coups, my opinion is that - excluding the periods when Khun Anand was Prime Minister - Abhisit's government has been the most socially progressive and effective in addressing ministerial corruption.

I know a great deal about inner workings of Thaksin's various programs for Issan, less so the North. EVERY program had a spin.

Here's 1,000,000 baht for your village... Thaksin is giving it to you. Of course, the pho-yai baan would never think of taking a sanctioned commission on the disbursements. Of course, the subsequent house-by-house visits by various agents of mobile telephone services, automobile and motorcycle dealerships - not to mention the loan sharks - was merely a coincidence. Of course, the default rate on what was represented as "loans" is astronomical. Loan, what loan? Thaksin gave us this money.

Here's a paved road right through your village. And by the way, you won't have dust blowing into you house every time something passes. Of course, the paved road stops 500 meters on each side of the village, so going anywhere in a reasonable amount of time and in relative comfort is still impossible. Sorry that it doesn't give you better access to markets or schools, but after all, Thaksin gave you a paved road, didn't he? You didn't have to pay for it, did you? Of course, your road will need regular repair from a highly qualified local contractor, say every 6 months or so, and between repairs - well, even if there usually are 10 or 15 one meter wide holes 20 cm. deep between repairs - there is less dust then before, isn't there?

Me, I'm 63 years old so my "future" in Thailand is somewhat limited. But my wife and 3 children are Thai, and I care about their future in this country. I don't want it determined by demagogues of any persuasion, and the reds' leaders are a clear and present danger to rational, benevolent, and progressive governance.

Bravo!! Well said that man!

Whilst I am neither red or yellow I do not like to see mobs trying to impose their will by disrupting the rights of other citizens to go about their daily business. The government of the day, whether you believe they are legitimate or not, have shown remarkable restraint to date. What other country would tolerate an attack on the parliament buildings by a mob and not make multiple arrests?

I hope that the Army now fulfil their nominated role and remove the protestors from the streets, preferably without having to use force. If force is required, I hope it is used with restraint, but I for one will have no problem if a few red shirts get hurt, I would rather that than some innocent bystanders get hurt.

SOP of course they KNOW the must charge up their crowd to manic levels,

And this bit of madness.

DUMBASS thing to do...

oops slipped his chain.

I'm not surprise a all. They use the clip to brainwash the people.

If you look at the pedigree its a family that would find its way into any government. Grandpa had his nose in dozens of troughs. Ammarttaya. The Reds got that part right, but they have no solution but putting a different set of heads in the trough.

People should remember that Nattawut et al and particulalrly Arismon are going away for a long time if they lose and dont escape the country. They like the PM have lots of pressure on them

Very true. I can't see any of the red shirt being let loose for a while if they lose. Their court cases will surely come up before any of those who closed the airport down, or the government will never see an end to the cycle of protests.

But if they win, what then? More chaos from the yellows, pinks and rainbows!