5w Fork Oil

ragpicker

Hello.  I have been searching around Pattaya for 5w fork oil.  Thus far, no luck.  I've tried 6 big bike shops thus far.  Anyone out there know where I may find this oil?  I've also started searching via the internet from Bangkok.

Thanks  :)

Yss do not sell fork oil in Thailand. I tried that. i think if you go into a Honda shop the fork oil they sell in the small bottles is 5wt. Also my local scooter mod shop has some castrol 5w . if ya cant find any i can get it and post to you. Allan

Thanks guys. I tried Motul's main distributor in Bangkok "BIKE CARE INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD." 455 baht but none in stock & no date when it will be. Got another quote for the same 5w Motul from tpmotorcycle.com at the "special" price of 1000 baht! If I can't find Motul, I'll look you up Allan. :)

If memory serves me well - ATF (auto trans fluid) is aprox 5W. As it is made for trans use, it is non-foaming and should work well as a fork oil. If you are experimenting, there is no problem mixing different weights i.e. half volume 5W with half volume 10W will give you 7-1/2W. On some of my older Jap bikes I found by trial and error that this was a way to get the fork action that I need.

It has to be 5w, apparently. I have purchased these things called Ricor "Intiminators" to hopefully improve my ride. The Intiminators cost almost $300! I do not wish to experiment at this stage with other oil weights or mixes. Ricor recommends Amsoil 5w, but it's unavailable here. I found a shop that promised Motul 5w in 2 days... 4 days ago! TIT

It has to be 5w, apparently. I have purchased these things called Ricor "Intiminators" to hopefully improve my ride. The Intiminators cost almost $300! I do not wish to experiment at this stage with other oil weights or mixes. Ricor recommends Amsoil 5w, but it's unavailable here. I found a shop that promised Motul 5w in 2 days... 4 days ago! TIT

Redbaron in Bangkok has the Motul 5W, I was in there last week and bought a couple of bottles of the light 5W and heavy 15W, if I recall they were about 450 baht a bottle.